3 3
brenthutch

Dude, where are my hurricanes?

1 minute ago, billvon said:

The right wing, never ones to let a disaster go unexploited, has decided that this is the angle they are going with:

"DeAnna Lorraine, who ran for Congress in 2020, and Lauren Witzke, who was the Delaware GOP's candidate for Senate in 2020, agree that Hurricane Ian is the deep state using "weather manipulation technology" to punish Gov. Ron DeSantis for not enacting a vaccine mandate in Florida."

When you have Jewish Space Lasers at your disposal there'a no limit to what you can do to the atmosphere.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

The right wing, never ones to let a disaster go unexploited, has decided that this is the angle they are going with:

"DeAnna Lorraine, who ran for Congress in 2020, and Lauren Witzke, who was the Delaware GOP's candidate for Senate in 2020, agree that Hurricane Ian is the deep state using "weather manipulation technology" to punish Gov. Ron DeSantis for not enacting a vaccine mandate in Florida."

Part of me can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this garbage.

But only part.
The rest of me has spent the last 2 1/2 years watching morons, fools and gullible idiots refuse to believe Covid is real, refuse to take any protective measures, refuse the vax...

And die. By the thousands.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Part of me can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this garbage.

. . . .

We all know who loves the poorly educated.

Unfortunately our destiny is being driven by a coalition of the gullible with the insatiably greedy.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The rest of me has spent the last 2 1/2 years watching morons, fools and gullible idiots refuse to believe Covid is real, refuse to take any protective measures, refuse the vax...

And die. By the thousands.

The good news is there are fewer morons, fools and gillible idiots.

42 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I don't think Covid was partial.

Like Wendy said, it's partial to the unvaccinated.  This has been borne out via experience.

"Residents of counties that went heavily for Donald Trump in the last presidential election are more than twice as likely to die from COVID-19 than those that live in areas that went for President Biden."

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1098543849/pro-trump-counties-continue-to-suffer-far-higher-covid-death-tolls

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Like Wendy said, it's partial to the unvaccinated.  This has been borne out via experience.

"Residents of counties that went heavily for Donald Trump in the last presidential election are more than twice as likely to die from COVID-19 than those that live in areas that went for President Biden."

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1098543849/pro-trump-counties-continue-to-suffer-far-higher-covid-death-tolls

Herman Cain Appreciation Society.

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

I don't think Covid was partial.

It's not. 

Viruses don't care (they don't actually have a brain, so they CAN'T care).

But there is a rather large differential between people who are/were smart enough to adopt measures to reduce their chances of getting infected and those who weren't

People who did things like:
Staying away from others.
Wearing masks.
Getting vaccinated.

Did far, far better than people who:

Thought taking precautions was 'living in fear'.
Thought masks were 'controlling'.

Thought large gatherings were 'freedom' (freedumb).

Thought the vax was unnecessary (poison, microchipped, loss of freedumb, ect).

Seriously, the idiocy of the people who absolutely refused to take Covid seriously is appalling. 
The number of 'adult 3 year olds' is frightening. The level of defiant oppositional disorder is seriously scary. The number of people who are simply selfish assholes who refuse to give a shit about anyone else is...

Getting smaller. 

About 400 a day. A bit over 3/4 of them are unvaxxed.
That works out to about 145000 per year (about 108k unvaxxed).

And while the political divide is pretty clear, I'm only targeting 'stupid people'.
The fact that they tend to be Trump supporters says a lot about him...
And them.

But that wasn't my point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slim King said:

DeSantis is doing a fantastic job.

So is Biden.  He declared Florida a disaster area and got federal aid flowing.

DeSantis voted against hurricane aid for Sandy when it hit.  Trump blocked hurricane aid for Puerto Rico.  And while DeSantis piles undesirable people on airplanes to ship them off somewhere else, Biden get supplies piled on aircraft and flown down to Florida.

A great example of the basic difference between parties.  Republicans figure out how they can hurt liberals.  Democrats figure out how they can help Americans.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, billvon said:

So is Biden.  He declared Florida a disaster area and got federal aid flowing.

DeSantis voted against hurricane aid for Sandy when it hit.  Trump blocked hurricane aid for Puerto Rico.  And while DeSantis piles undesirable people on airplanes to ship them off somewhere else, Biden get supplies piled on aircraft and flown down to Florida.

A great example of the basic difference between parties.  Republicans figure out how they can hurt liberals.  Democrats figure out how they can help Americans.

Absolutely right Bill.  Nancy knows where they belong doesn't she?

39 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Absolutely right Bill.  Nancy knows where they belong doesn't she?

Thanks for a perfect example of what I was talking about.  As long as you hurt the left wing, anything is justified, right?  Remember - who you hurt is more important than who you help.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 10:18 PM, Slim King said:

We are just finishing cleaning up after IAN. We had some property damage from flooding and a bunch of  branches broke but no damage from the wind. I think that as of this evening well over 70% to 80% of those who lost power have had it restored. However the mansions along the coastline will takes some time because of the storm surge issues. Turning the power back on this quickly is record setting according to the power companies. IAN was only 2 mph under a cat 5. The cat 4, Katrina, that hit New Orleans killed over 1800 people. Thankfully we did much better PTL. Almost two decades ago we were hit by about 7 Hurricanes the same year as I remember.  DeSantis is doing a fantastic job. Better than any Governor I've seen down here in the last 23 years. We don't get nearly as many hurricanes as we used to and when we do people leave the low lying areas and many lives are saved.

Looks like all those federal aid dollars seem to be working. 

55 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Why isn't Biden visiting the border where thousands have died?

Because there are other things going on in the world.  Inflation.  A war in Ukraine.  Hurricanes killing hundreds.  Doing a photo op ranks very low in importance.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:54 PM, Slim King said:

Biden is a joke. He can't finish a sentence and he can't seem to find his way off of the stage when he is calling out for ghost people to shake their hands. He's not in charge of anything. If you compare our death totals from Ian's cat 4 to Katrina's cat 4 you'll see the Republican State did much better. Sadly the guy in charge of New Orleans went to prison for corruption and the Governor couldn't run for re-election because of the scandals. Why isn't Biden visiting the border where thousands have died?

Yeah let's compare a hurricane that hit a city that's 8ft below sea level against ones that are above....