4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

(edited)
35 minutes ago, billvon said:

When you were a kid back in Davenport, did you ever imagine that one day your political agenda would lead you to defend a rapist?

Again I am unfamiliar with Trump’s rape conviction. Would that be like Clinton’s rape conviction?

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Are you now running for office as a Republican? Can I buy one of your virtual token friends?

No, I am supporting Nikki Haley, I have FAR to much history to run for public office.

Edited by brenthutch

Here's some from President 

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, I am supporting Nikki Haley, I have FAR to much history to run for public office.

Ahhh... Nimarata Nikki Randhawa. A birthright American born in South Carolina of immigrant Sikh parents from Punjab, India. She'll be tough on immigrants, for sure. And trust me, you could use a lot more history. Here's some, from a speech U.S Grant gave in Iowa on September 29, 1875:

"I do not bring into this assemblage politics, certainly not partisan politics, but it is a fair subject for soldiers in their deliberations to consider what may be necessary to secure the prize for which they battled in a republic like our"s. Where the citizen is sovereign and the official the servant, where no power is exercised except by the will of the people, it is important that the sovereign — the people — should possess intelligence.

The free school is the promoter of that intelligence which is to preserve us as a free nation. If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition, and ignorance on the other.

Now in this centennial year of our national existence, I believe it a good time to begin the work of strengthening the foundation of the house commenced by our patriotic forefathers one hundred years ago, at Concord and Lexington. Let us all labor to add all needful guarantees for the more perfect security of free thought, free speech, and free press, pure morals, unfettered religious sentiments, and of equal rights and privileges to all men, irrespective of nationality, color, or religion.

Encourage free schools, and resolve that not one dollar of money appropriated to their support, no matter how raised, shall be appropriated to the support of any sectarian school. Resolve that the State or Nation, or both combined, shall furnish to every child growing up in the land, the means of acquiring a good common-school education, unmixed with sectarian, pagan, or atheistic tenets. Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private school supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and state forever separate. With these safeguards, I believe the battles which created the Army of the Tennessee will not have been fought in vain."

59 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Biden can’t pass laws by fiat.

So what is the point? If Biden were able to perfect the legality would you be offended? Most of the world, and you are not helping, does not live in a political environment anything close to being called a democracy. The autocrats in those nations make the laws and decide what is legal. The general issue when dealing with people is making a distinction between what is legally right and what is morally right. The personal issue is making a choice between the two that supports our individual world views. 

I personally do not think you are a troll in spite of the fact that you intentionally jerk more chains than a railroad work crew of prisoners. But I do think you have a big blind spot. 

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.48.21 PM.png

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Again I am unfamiliar with Trump’s rape conviction. Would that be like Clinton’s rape conviction?

Interesting. So when you said, for instance, that "Biden is just as unsullied as Senator Menendez" you meant that they were in fact both completely unsullied because neither of them have been convcted of anything?

Regardless, Trump is not a rapist because he has been convicted of rape, he's a rapist because it is in reality true that he raped someone. That is what he did. That is who he is.

So what will you do once Nikki Haley is not the Republican nominee? 

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Did they immigrate legally?

The last two Home Secretaries here in the UK (responsible for border policy) were ultra hard line anti immigration children of immigrant parents. They would both tout the fact that there parents 'did it right' and came here legally, while conveniently ignoring the fact that it is no longer remotely possible for people in their parents' position to come here legally. But I'm alright, Jack.

• Like 1

(edited)

Some statistics from the Iowa Caucus.

Source: https://independentvoterproject.org/voter-stats/ia

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/15/us/elections/results-iowa-caucus.html

So just 7.8% of GOP-registered voters chose Trump, and they account for 2.7% of Iowa registered voters.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.50.24.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.50.49.png

Edited by ryoder

(edited)
17 hours ago, brenthutch said:

That is because you are sticking your head in the sand and in doing so are condoning sexual assault. Your wife must be so proud of you.

Edited by SkyDekker

18 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

That is because you are sticking your the sand and in doing so are condoning sexual assault. Your wife must be so proud of you.

Nah, it's simpler: his internet connection is missing a few ones and zero's.

15 hours ago, ryoder said:

Some statistics from the Iowa Caucus.

Source: https://independentvoterproject.org/voter-stats/ia

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/15/us/elections/results-iowa-caucus.html

So just 7.8% of GOP-registered voters chose Trump, and they account for 2.7% of Iowa registered voters.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.50.24.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.50.49.png

The point is - if this is who turns out for the election because they care the most and are most riled up, Trump is gonna win.
I REALLY hope for the US sake, thats not the case.

On 1/16/2024 at 6:49 PM, brenthutch said:

As is your preferred candidate, Nikki Haley:

"First of all, I haven’t paid attention to his cases, and I’m not a lawyer,” Haley offered. “All I know is that he’s innocent until proven guilty, and when he’s proven guilty, and he’s sitting in a courtroom—that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You’ve got investigations on Trump and Biden.”

Peas in a pod, it seems.

6 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

As is your preferred candidate, Nikki Haley:

"First of all, I haven’t paid attention to his cases, and I’m not a lawyer,” Haley offered. “All I know is that he’s innocent until proven guilty, and when he’s proven guilty, and he’s sitting in a courtroom—that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You’ve got investigations on Trump and Biden.”

Peas in a pod, it seems.

If I were you I would encourage your fellow lefties to change their registration to R and support her in the primaries, like they are doing in New Hampshire, otherwise buckle up for four more years of mean tweets from the Orange Man.

6 hours ago, Stumpy said:

The point is - if this is who turns out for the election because they care the most and are most riled up, Trump is gonna win.
I REALLY hope for the US sake, thats not the case.

The only people eligible to vote in the Iowa caucus were registered Republicans. They constitute just 34.5% of eligible voters. In a general election the other 2/3 of the electorate will be eligible to vote.

33 minutes ago, ryoder said:

The only people eligible to vote in the Iowa caucus were registered Republicans. They constitute just 34.5% of eligible voters. In a general election the other 2/3 of the electorate will be eligible to vote.

Yeah no I get that - but I'm not seeing the passion (from the other side of the pond admittedly) in the US electorate to KEEP trump out, as much as there was to get him out the first time round. For most of the western world, that's a bit of a worry. I hope I'm wrong on that and D turnout will be good.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

If I were you I would encourage your fellow lefties to change their registration to R and support her in the primaries, like they are doing in New Hampshire, otherwise buckle up for four more years of mean tweets from the Orange Man.

Since we both know the Trump-stacked Supreme Court is the only thing that can stop Trump being the nominee, you should be spending your time convincing your fellow non-Maga righties to vote for Biden. 

43 minutes ago, jakee said:

Since we both know the Trump-stacked Supreme Court is the only thing that can stop Trump being the nominee, you should be spending your time convincing your fellow non-Maga righties to vote for Biden. 

The problem with that is even if they don't like Trump much it does not mean they are non-MAGA. Much of the stuff I see quoted from him is very MAGA.

(edited)
1 hour ago, jakee said:

You sound like Wendy. Everyone here has been trying to influence Brent for a decade for zero effect. This could be......Brent. You need to start at the beginning of the video for full effect.

Edited by Phil1111