5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

58 minutes ago, billvon said:

You remind me of Trump, who took credit for ending the Birther conspiracy after using it for years.

Up next - In 30 years Rich takes credit for ending climate change due to his support for EVs and renewables.

To go through your list of strawmen one at a time:

America is systemically racist.  Parts are.  We are getting better.

Racism is unconscious.  Nope.  Homophily is unconscious.  What you do with that determines whether or not you are a racist.  If you pretend it doesn't exist - chances are, you are.

Racism explains all discrepancies.  Your dumbest strawman yet.

Anti racist policy is needed to treat people unequally as individuals Nope.  Anti-racism policies are needed to end racism.  Pretty simple there.

The same lame false conclusions.  Given that you are the one making them - agreed.

You like facts, I like facts. I like polls and statistics even more. Rich is not in any measure unique as a MAGA republican. Nothing new here as racism, White supremacy with a underbelly of wishful thinking that a few Black slaves living in their basements to supply free labor. Isn't something that twenty percent of them dream about. Along with a Ar-15 to keep those uppity Libs from interfering with their treatment of their property.

Nearly 20% of Trump Fans Think Freeing the Slaves Was a Bad Idea "38 percent of them wish the South had won the Civil War. ..."Nearly 20 percent of Mr. Trump’s voters disagreed with Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, which freed slaves in the Southern states during the Civil War...Mr. Trump’s popularity with white, working-class voters who are more likely than other Republicans to believe that whites are a supreme race and who long for the Confederacy may make him unpopular among leaders in his party. But it’s worth noting that he isn’t persuading voters to hold these beliefs. The beliefs were there — and have been for some time."

46 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Nearly 20% of Trump Fans Think Freeing the Slaves Was a Bad Idea "38 percent of them wish the South had won the Civil War. ..."Nearly 20 percent of Mr. Trump’s voters disagreed with Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, which freed slaves in the Southern states during the Civil War...Mr. Trump’s popularity with white, working-class voters who are more likely than other Republicans to believe that whites are a supreme race and who long for the Confederacy may make him unpopular among leaders in his party. But it’s worth noting that he isn’t persuading voters to hold these beliefs. The beliefs were there — and have been for some time."

"Look I am NOT RACIST.  But really, wasn't slavery the best thing to ever happen to these people?  They went from being dirt poor blacks with bones through their noses to having healthcare and a place to live in the United States.  Free education, free food, free Christianity.  I mean, lots of refugees would LOVE to be in that position today!  As long as they were willing to work, of course, like those slaves. 

Why don't the libtards just SEND THEM BACK if they think slavery was so bad?"

On 7/19/2023 at 5:24 AM, wmw999 said:

You just said a lot about yourself there. Yes, it’s a facile trope and easy to disavow — but you were the one who posted it. The very strong differentiation of black from white as a designator or slavery was a white invention. Slavery, no. Servitude by color, yeah. Not uniquely USian (the Iberian peninsula has a lot to answer for), but we codified the color barrier, and served as an example to the S Africans. Now that’s a proud legacy.

And I guess it’s your feeling that as long as a single person is out there who agrees with you, they must be satisfied individually, but all those people who don’t, well, fuck ‘em

Wendy P. 

You don't know the half of me.

I thought We had a conversation on a particular subject,I even wrote my story explaining myself, but you didn't reply.FYI the lady that got spiked for the recruitment video,she ended up with a concussion and won't be playing college Volleyball any longer.

Instead, you reply to a comment I made to someone else, in jest.

As for my falice trope, you must think the natives stopped slavery LOL.

I'll agree, in the particulars of your assertion that slavery and racism was uniquely defined to include those of dark skin here..  Throughout history we usually just enslaved our own, the weak.Simply follow the supply chain. But Please Don't make the assumption that Racism or S.Africa is our legacy, 

Some 8 minutes of perspective 

7 minutes ago, richravizza said:

I'll agree, in the particulars of your assertion that slavery and racism was uniquely defined to include those of dark skin here..  Throughout history we usually just enslaved our own, the weak.Simply follow the supply chain. But Please Don't make the assumption that Racism or S.Africa is our legacy.

Of course not.  We just used it.

I mean, we didn't invent murder.  But I bet you are pretty strongly against people who participate in it.  I bet you would even condemn a fellow American who supported mass murder, even if he pointed out to you that America didn't invent murder, so why are you upset?

On 7/19/2023 at 6:11 AM, Phil1111 said:

You should put this as a caption for all your posts. Sort of a sub rosa admission  of Proud White Boys.

"Just A Proud American" is fine,please. With a caveat of Canadian French descent.LOL You don't listen to lyrics very well.

On 7/19/2023 at 6:53 AM, kallend said:

It hasn't ended, just taken a different form.

I agree,some forms right under our noses.Like the Sound of Freedom.

And for the record, the transAtlantic slave trade was ended by the Royal Navy, not by American white males (or American  males of any color).  I don't think YOU have much to be proud of.

I'll agree, the trans atlantic route was just a tiny fraction of the trade, the east African trade beat it by multitudes. But the brits were both white and male. Give me that at least  LOL

I suppose  western tradition as irrelevant.The German American perspective, that slavery a particularly  abhorrent institution.Ironic,    their insight and contributions alone a reason to be proud.

I have plenty to be Grateful and Proud of. What are you proud of ?

On 7/18/2023 at 6:54 PM, normiss said:

White conservatives have earned said prejudice.

They put in a large violent and anti-democracy platform and actions to deserve it.

The majority seem rather proud of it.

I admire your honesty.

Just so we are clear. Prejudice is not a Conservative value,prejudice is not a Liberal value.Prejudice is a Left wing value.  Just sayin; Being  prejudice leaves you in terrible company. insert; "are we the baddies video."LOL

My tossed salad of a post you admired on the fourth was my lead in, I was hoping to highlight, the difference between the Left and Classical Liberals. 

Now I know why Winsor doesn't contribute anymore,This place, it echoes the same word,strange thing. No matter what you say the Echo is the same. Guess what it says?

Instead of watching a disney movie, try this one. It's a bit long but would go a long way in helping.

and to think we could have had this guy as a LA Mayor.

(edited)
On 7/19/2023 at 10:40 AM, billvon said:

Joel Greenberg, republican tax collector from Florida, was recently sentenced to 11 years in jail for sex trafficking of children.  So as of a few years ago, slavery was in fact alive and well in the US.

Fun fact - Matt Gaetz, republican hero, was Joel Greenberg's partner.

So is Matt guilty of sex trafficking ? or guilty by your association.This is fun.

Edited by richravizza
fun

22 hours ago, richravizza said:

So is Matt guilty of sex trafficking ? or guilty by your association.This is fun.

His partner is - and he is under investigation for the same.

There was a time that republicans thought those things were bad.  They actually objected to sex trafficking even when it was their guy doing it / being investigated for it.  Nowadays it's "well, he said she said.  She said she was over 17.  And my partner just introduced her to a guy who was interested - is that a crime now?  And besides, slaves got great practical skills by being slaves - same sort of thing here."

On 7/19/2023 at 9:58 AM, billvon said:

You remind me of Trump, who took credit for ending the Birther conspiracy after using it for years.

Up next - In 30 years Rich takes credit for ending climate change due to his support for EVs and renewables.

Racism is unconscious.  Nope.  Homophily is unconscious.  What you do with that determines whether or not you are a racist.  If you pretend it doesn't exist - chances are, you are.

Anti racist policy is needed to treat people unequally as individuals Nope.  Anti-racism policies are needed to end racism.  Pretty simple there.

The same lame false conclusions.  Given that you are the one making them - agreed.

That's is terrible, I'm sorry to be in your nightmares.

I try to do the opposite. I find beautiful or comical quotes from people I disagree, and hold them close to my heart.My favorite Canadian said he "proudly wears a poppy"

The "dumb strawmen" are not mine. They are the wholly owned by the Left. The consiquences five years of Dei programing are actually creating the polar opposite outcomes you seek. Kinda like, "build backwards better".

https://hbr.org/2016/07/why-diversity-programs-fail

https://youtu.be/VZSusqfJeD4 

30 minutes ago, richravizza said:

The "dumb strawmen" are not mine. They are the wholly owned by the Left.

Strawmen are arguments you make up for the other side so you can argue against them more easily.  You even say this - "your side are . . . it goes like this" then you list your strawmen that you made up because it's easier to argue against them.  I listed your strawmen.

You should try arguing about what people say, rather than arguing againt imaginary arguments that you create in your head.

The consiquences five years of Dei programing are actually creating the polar opposite outcomes you seek. 

There have been far more than five years of DEI programs.  Integrated schools were a diversity effort.  The push for women in STEM was an inclusion effort.  Affirmative action was an inclusion effort.  The end of legal segregation was an inclusion effort.  The legalization of homosexuality - and of gay marriage - was an equity effort.

And you know what?  They worked.  Getting black and white students together actually did decrease racism.  Having more blacks in companies and schools actually did increase the number of people who spoke to another race on a regular basis.  Programs like that are why, today, we have Gwynn Shotwell as the president of SpaceX.  That's why 6 years ago we had our first black president.  That's why there are black and women astronauts today and it's no big deal.  (In fact one of them, Mae Jemison, not only was the first black woman in space in 1992, she also played a character in Star Trek, which was the first time an astronaut had _played_ an astronaut on TV.)

In 1983 I started college.  MIT was just starting its women's outreach programs, but they were starting to have an effect.  More women were starting in physics, engineering, math and aero/astro.  From that class came Andrea Ghez, who discovered that there is indeed a supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy.  She won a Nobel prize for that.  From that class came Lindy Elkins, who is leading the space probe to the Psyche asteroid, a metal asteroid that could supply all our needs for metals for centuries to come.

Those were the outcomes that MIT sought back then.  They came to pass.

Integrating the military was a diversity effort; adding women during WW2, no, but the expansion of available jobs over the years, yes. That seems to have worked, too. Just because we're used to something doesn't make it perfect

Wendy P. 

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Integrating the military was a diversity effort; adding women during WW2, no, but the expansion of available jobs over the years, yes. That seems to have worked, too. Just because we're used to something doesn't make it perfect

Wendy P. 

The closest I get to 'diversity' is "Equal rights, equal responsibilities - no more and no less."

James Webb's discussion of women in combat applies nicely.  He was fine with it until they began to lower the physical training standards so women had a better shot.  He pointed out that training by touch football rules is all well and good until you go up against the Green Bay Packers.

If I take a round through the pelvis, a woman who can throw me over her shoulder and get me out of harm's way has my vote, and a guy who can't get me out of the line of fire is undeserving of a participation medal.

If a woman can shoot the eyebrows off a fruit fly at 800 meters and is cool with life in the field, I'm happy to have her in my squad.  From a practical standpoint, I'd prefer she have an IUD or birth control implants so her fire team doesn't have to deal with pregnancy issues.  Statistically speaking, sailors and soldiers who serve together tend to wind up with pregnancies if there is no intervention.

For some reason telling them not to have sex doesn't work 100%.

I still find it offensive that the women that stepped up to the plate and did an outstanding job of producing war materiel ('Rosie the Riveter' et al.) were sent packing after the war so that men could take their place.  This flies in the face of my concept of equality.

Despite the denial now at work, biological realities are realities, not abstract constructs.  I thought PMS was make believe until I witnessed it up close and personal.  It's not good or bad per se, it's just a factor to be considered in some cases, and some women need a sick day at least once a month as a result.  Female impersonators are spared these particulars.

I have exactly the same right to try out to play in the NBA as did, say, Michael Jordan.  Lucky for the NBA, they are allowed to discriminate against people who are singularly unsuited to playing basketball such as me.  There is a big difference between legitimate discrimination and illegal discrimination.

I am also fine with not qualifying for NAMBLA, since the North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes should be limited to people with a passing resemblance to Marlon Brando.

BSBD,

Winsor

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 9:20 PM, richravizza said:

Bill, I think your being Obtuse..

So, I'll take the credit for the climate right now. Thank you.

It's raining in SoCal, and I wouldn't be here without it.I'm sure you'll take credit for the lack of production and increase in prices at a latter date. I know, I'm a real Dunkelflute.

Again, the fallacies are all yours, you agree on their premise.I on the other hand, do not.Think you'll find most of the crapulence in your bible for CRT, the Pulitzer. Besides where does all the fear language come from, all the projection of phobia.

"Racism is unconscious. " Nope.  Homophily is unconscious."

As Is Hemophilia and Histrionic ,LOL.....Did you mean homophobia?

"What you do with that determines whether or not you are a racist.  If you pretend it doesn't exist - chances are, you are."

Thanks for the echo, Seems every time we're six layers deep into a juicy Vidalia, you want us to chew on the epidermis.Dude, it's the dirty paper peal. So if we believe in a race neutral society, the one that our forefather dreamt of, chances are...

Please find time and open mind, don't respond before the run time.

This guy was teaching your religion please pay attention, to paraphrase." if you want to keep people down without them realizing it, Woke is a wonderful tool.

What is Land Acknowledgement?

A.an Apology Performance 

B. cultural marxism

C. a Sandwich

D.All the above

(edited)
14 minutes ago, richravizza said:

No, he meant homophily. It's ok to admit you don't know what that means. We should all be comfortable saying what we don't know. After all, without first acknowledging that, we'll never learn anything new.

Thanks for the echo, Seems every time we're six layers deep into a juicy Vidalia, you want us to chew on the epidermis.Dude, it's the dirty paper peal. So if we believe in a race neutral society, the one that our forefather dreamt of, chances are...

See, as an example, I'm perfectly happy saying I have no idea what any of that means.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 4

(edited)

It hasn't ended, just taken a different form.

And for the record, the transAtlantic slave trade was ended by the Royal Navy, not by American white males (or American  males of any color).  I don't think YOU have much to be proud of.

As you proby know, the majority of the transAtlantic trade made America no more than a minor stakeholder in the "industry".

Thought you'd like this guy. He was born the same year as our Country.A true First Generation American, his story might just help you attain some balance.His name, Presley O'Bannon. I believe they made a song about his exploits. 

Would I be correct in assuming your not a Libra?

Edited by richravizza
typo no grammery 2day

21 minutes ago, jakee said:

No, he meant homophily. It's ok to admit you don't know what that means. We should all be comfortable saying what we don't know. After all, without first acknowledging that, we'll never learn anything new.

See, as an example, I'm perfectly happy saying I have no idea what any of that means.

From your lips to the ear of Mother Earth.You just caused an earth quake, really. A 5.1 in Ojai. What would you like for me to do to abosolve myself.

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

No. He meant homophily. 

The funny part is that the first time he used it, my reaction was somewhat similar to yours.

Fortunately, Bill seems to be a thoughtful and considerate person, so when he used a word not a whole lot of people are familiar with, he also included the definition.

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

From your lips to the ear of Mother Earth.You just caused an earth quake, really. A 5.1 in Ojai. What would you like for me to do to absolve myself.

1 - Stop linking stupid, biased videos. Nobody watches them.

2 - Stop typing out long, unhinged, incomprehensible rants that make me wonder just how many fatties you smoked before logging on.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:14 AM, winsor said:

James Webb's discussion of women in combat applies nicely.  He was fine with it until they began to lower the physical training standards so women had a better shot.  He pointed out that training by touch football rules is all well and good until you go up against the Green Bay Packers.

Nice idea, but it is all bullshit. Most of these tests are performed once, when getting into the service, then never done again.

A firefighter's experience with bariatric weight loss surgery

Community rallies around local fire chief who lost his home in weekend  blaze | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com

Pin on 太め

MUSC Supports Obesity Care Week 2020 | MUSC Health | Charleston SC

No way these guys are passing any firefighter fitness test.

52 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Nice idea, but it is all bullshit. Most of these tests are performed once, when getting into the service, then never done again.

A firefighter's experience with bariatric weight loss surgery

Community rallies around local fire chief who lost his home in weekend  blaze | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com

Pin on 太め

MUSC Supports Obesity Care Week 2020 | MUSC Health | Charleston SC

No way these guys are passing any firefighter fitness test.

A wild guess says you weren't Infantry.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:34 AM, SkyDekker said:

This guy is:

Picture

Down the rabbit hole of standards we go ....How many men of standard does it take to take this man out of harms way, perhaps that's the reasoning of the standard.How many women of standard does it take ..... a gaggle.You see problem solved....LOL

• Like 1