5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

You don't see the apparent danger of using our system of justice to target political opposition,

And you don't see the danger of allowing a politician to get away with financial and electoral fraud, rape and treason?  He's already been found liable for financial fraud and rape.  There is no question that he is an actual criminal.

If you want to see an example of using a justice system to target political opposition, look at the current targeting of the Biden family.  They couldn't find anything on Joe so they went after his son.  They are now not allowing his son to testify publicly, because they fear the truth coming out.

The party trying to hide the truth are never the good guys.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

We are not.  But we are going to close schools when it snows and the roads become dangerous, because we don't want people to die unneccesarily when a temporary closure can avoid that.

We did something similar during the pandemic.

A snow day of sorts with a twenty years loss in learning achievement.Bravo.

Just a tradeoff for the poorly educated I suppose.I'm sure Newsomes kids didn't get the message it snowed that year.

21 minutes ago, richravizza said:

A snow day of sorts with a twenty years loss in learning achievement.

No 20 year loss in achievement.  We lost the equivalent of four months in math and three months in reading.  That was the cost; the benefit was saving hundreds of thousands of lives.  A fair trade IMO.

Just a tradeoff for the poorly educated

True dat.  Republicans should be loving this.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, billvon said:

And you don't see the danger of allowing a politician to get away with financial and electoral fraud, rape and treason?  He's already been found liable for financial fraud and rape.  There is no question that he is an actual criminal.

If you want to see an example of using a justice system to target political opposition, look at the current targeting of the Biden family.  They couldn't find anything on Joe so they went after his son.  They are now not allowing his son to testify publicly, because they fear the truth coming out.

The party trying to hide the truth are never the good guys.

If it weren't for double standards the left wouldn't have any standard at all.

We haven't even started with Biden, we'll need about 24 months and 40 million to start a Special council inquiry.We'll load it up with our fav's.

Truth, that's funny.Twitters ex-CEO Jack, finally came out of his xanax cult induced stupor, and admitted it was wrong to ban/censor the vampire Trump, and the laptop story.

enjoy brotha

Edited by richravizza

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

If it weren't for double standards the left wouldn't have any standard at all.

Right.  I recall the right's "culture of life" that refused to give a 10-year-old who was raped an abortion that would save her life.  And when she went out of state to get one, threatened to go after the doctor who saved her life.  And is now refusing to abort a dead fetus that may just make the woman carrying it sterile.  But hey, as long as they own the libs that's all that matters, right?

We haven't even started with Biden

You must have missed the last four years; the republicans have been ready to announce impeachement Any Day Now since he was first elected, just as soon as someone tells them what they can impeach him for.

It tells you a lot about how republicans think that the impeachement was announced long before they had anything to impeach him for.  Again, owning the libs as opposed to anything resembling justice.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, billvon said:

Right.  I recall the right's "culture of life" that refused to give a 10-year-old who was raped an abortion that would save her life.  And when she went out of state to get one, threatened to go after the doctor who saved her life.  And is now refusing to abort a dead fetus that may just make the woman carrying it sterile.  But hey, as long as they own the libs that's all that matters, right?

You must have missed the last four years; the republicans have been ready to announce impeachement Any Day Now since he was first elected, just as soon as someone tells them what they can impeach him for.

It tells you a lot about how republicans think that the impeachement was announced long before they had anything to impeach him for.  Again, owning the libs as opposed to anything resembling justice.

The republicans that refuse to allow a woman to cross state lines for that medically needed abortion will allow someone to cross states to commit murder like Rittenhouse did.

Edited by normiss
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, richravizza said:

Are you familiar with the book and author I'm referring, or are you just refuting being tone deaf?

Tone deaf is where I say,"this is CCCCC..." and you say, yes,  B-B-B-B-B...

No, tone deaf is saying something upsetting or offensive without realising it. Kinda like a failure to read the room. Double speak is completely different. I have no idea what book or author told you they were the same. 

You don't see the apparent danger of using our system of justice to target political opposition, it's a uniquely dangerous approach to "Justice"

Of course! That’s why you should hope that Biden gets re-elected, not Trump. 

Do you see the danger of deliberately not prosecuting criminals just because they are powerful or popular politicians? 

Woke conservative activists Kellyanne Conway, Susan Hirschmann and Heather Higgins are advising the real anti-woke conservatives to maybe go easy on the war on contraception, because it turns out that denying women woke contraceptives actually causes people to vote for the other guy.

Who'd a thunk it?  No woke, no vote!

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/13/kellyanne-conway-contraception-republicans-2024-00131410

Apparently having (gasp) black people in a White House seasonal video is enough to send the anti-woke right into apoplexy.

ttps://www.instagram.com/p/C0z1oNluTbT/

“Woke nonsense” and part of the “Biden freak-o-rama,” said Laura Ingraham. She said it was designed to “offend” the public and appeal to “flag burners and the America haters. It is kind of a big middle finger to Christians in this country, I think, and frankly to all Americans, not just Christians.”

Newsmax's Eric Bolling called the routine “replete with tasteless perversions” and “beyond woke.”  The Federalist called the video an “abomination” and an attempt by the Bidens to slip “radical Marxism into the country’s Christmas celebrations.”

Looked like tap dancing to a jazzed-up Nutcracker me.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 12:00 PM, SkyDekker said:

no it isn't

Correct Sir, But they are not mutually exclusive please allow me to correct.

It was like watching the Presidents each take a bite of a stinking shit sandwich; the same question,as they passed it around, mouths full of... they responded in chorus.   " Exquisite" LOL... 

The past month has been a rollercoaster on this story, I'm not surprised at the lack of interest in the underlying rot this exposes within the DEI Institutions.Harvard in particular rejection of the supreme court ruling on Affirmative Action seems notable,as did Gays resistance to resign. Plagiarism and calls to genocide, just a matter of context.LOL

Carol Swains' concerns seemed particularly ironic as  double think,speak and double standard in academia became so apparent.

Like your response, Gays predicament and response is particularly enlightening. 

I should have elaborated how that response would unfold. Like an investigation to find no wrongdoing,Apostles falling on their swords and of course the race, then victim card. The best one was that Harvard didn't want to make it appear they kowtow to billionaires.LOL

https://www.thefp.com/p/end-dei-woke-capture

True to form your response sb five words or less and quicker than the run time.

You are trying to tie things together, that I don't think have anything to do with each other.

I believe Gay should have been fired, or should have resigned a long time ago.

I think DEI is good business. Having a diverse workforce is good for business. Having a homogenous workforce is bad for business.

Being very anti-DEI can lead to very bad hires. I will paraphrase Mark Cuban here, but one of the most prominent anti-DEI organizations led to the hiring of the following people:

Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Steve Bannon, John Bolton , John Kelly, Michael Flynn, Rance Preibus, Tom Price, Mark Esper, Anthony Scaramucci, Bill Barr, Mark Milley, Jim Mattis, Mick Mulvaney, Sean Spicer, Dan Coats, Ryan Zinke, David Shulkin, Don McGahn, Scott Pruitt , HR McMaster, Ty Cobb , Paul Manafort, Rudy Giuliani, Jeffrey Clark

Many of those hires were so bad they have turned into memes, jokes, criminals or general laughing stock.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 8:25 PM, normiss said:

The republicans that refuse to allow a woman to cross state lines for that medically needed abortion will allow someone to cross states to commit murder like Rittenhouse did.

The next time I run onto that situation,I'll remind them dastardly republicans,"I can't get pregnant"LOL "This is a free country and we'll go as we please, pregnant or not." The freedom loving folks having a collective memory of lockdowns and school closures will get it ;As they do with your murder inference.

56 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I believe Gay should have been fired, or should have resigned a long time ago.

We can agree on something,Cool.

She had a lot of Harvard Firsts.... add one more. "The Shortest," and I don't mean in stature. LOL

I don't have any grand illusions, the institution will just create another hypocritical NPC.

The next time I run onto that situation,I'll remind them dastardly republicans,"I can't get pregnant"LOL "This is a free country and we'll go as we please, pregnant or not."

That’s just the point, isn’t it? It’s a free country for a white man. But you’re supposed to care about whether it’s free for other people too.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jakee said:

That’s just the point, isn’t it? It’s a free country for a white man. But you’re supposed to care about whether it’s free for other people too.

Yeah, don't bet on it.

"I got mine, Jack. Keep your hands off my stack."

And this is the same sort of person who pretends 'white privilege' doesn't exist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Well, except for the Herman Cain Award recipients of course. 

Well, they would remember - if they could.  Perhaps their families will.

But many of the survivors have learned the hard way what happens when they follow Trumpian anti-science types.

==================

A man who previously condemned the use of face masks amid the coronavirus pandemic has shared a video from his hospital bed expressing his regret and urging others to use the safety measure after he was diagnosed with the virus.

On Monday, Daniel Uhlfelder shared a video to Twitter that his friend Chuck Stacey filmed of himself from his hospital bed with the caption: “My friend didn’t wear a mask because he believed the lies from our leaders. Now, he’s close to being intubated. He asked that I share this.”

In the video, Stacey, who can be seen with an oxygen tube in his nose, struggles to breathe as he says: “I didn’t wear a mask. I should have. I didn’t."

=================

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/anti-mask-hospital-video-chuck-stacey-coronavirus-b1782822.html

Ought we not limit our wokeness to this planetary body? And if such a contraction to our area of offense taking is reasonable, maybe a little more contraction in other domains is also reasonable. For sure, it is clearly possible to be too woke:

"The Navajo Nation, America's largest Indigenous tribe, has raised concerns over the presence of human cremated remains on the lander vehicle, calling the mission a "desecration" of the Moon which holds a sacred place in their culture."

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Ought we not limit our wokeness to this planetary body? And if such a contraction to our area of offense taking is reasonable, maybe a little more contraction in other domains is also reasonable. For sure, it is clearly possible to be too woke:

"The Navajo Nation, America's largest Indigenous tribe, has raised concerns over the presence of human cremated remains on the lander vehicle, calling the mission a "desecration" of the Moon which holds a sacred place in their culture."

There would seem to be hardly a grain of sand anywhere that is not sacred to some indigenous person.

10 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

There would seem to be hardly a grain of sand anywhere that is not sacred to some indigenous person.

It's not the physical, it's the numinous that causes the real troubles. That causes far worse problems than pronouns, carbon release, or open borders, for sure.

On 1/21/2024 at 1:17 PM, gowlerk said:

Even the most cursory reading of the book of Genesis makes it clear that the entire universe is sacred to Jews, Christians and Islamists.

15 hours ago, kallend said:

Even the most cursory reading of the book of Genesis makes it clear that the entire universe is sacred to Jews, Christians and Islamists.

No mention of any title deeds for Apaches or Zoroastrians? That's too bad.