1 1
brenthutch

The world goes Green

Yeah OK. You can confirm my findings in scientific papers, but you won't find it anywhere on NASA's site. They'll tell you the wrong thing.

I'm just so insecure about telling people the facts of reality. Or maybe they're too insecure to say "thanks, good points, i'll think about it some more".

"2.3% is actually a lot - earth has 0.04% CO2, and since methane has stronger IR absorption bands it's the equivalent of around 5000 times the greenhouse effect. "

So what? Uranus base atmosphere is sitting on a "hot stove"

Same as Venus, which has over 200,000 times the CO2.

At the same atmo pressure, Venus has the same temperature (discounted by distance to the sun) as Earth.

And what causes ...

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2014/11/how-can-uranus-have-storms-hot-enough.html

Edited by Zoe Phin

750x422

Look at that methane just decide to flare up like that! I guess a whole big load just decided to bundle up there, and that's why that hot spot is 18x hotter than the rest (sun induced). Yeah that's it. It bundled up. Wait, but that's supposed to reduce outgoing radiation. Oh whatever. Man-made climate change! Save the Earth, ppl. Believe!

It has hardly any methane to warrant ANY scientist from claiming there's a greenhouse effect making Uranus so hot underneath.

As I've shown, CO2 doesn't warm Earth's surface. Multiply 0 by 5000. Multiply that again by 2.5? for extra absorption.

And the temperature of Uranus at 1 bar atmo pressure is the same as on Earth, discounted by distance to the sun.

Again proving that IR gases mean nothing.

If you radiate 3 glass jars filled with: CO2, Water Vapor, and Argon. Which jar will get the hottest?

Can anyone in this crazy thread explain to me why Venus is twice as far from the sun as Mercury but it’s surface temperature is around 40% hotter? Another weird thing, Mercury’s surface temperature is only that hot on the hemisphere facing the sun. For some reason, Venus’ surface temperature seems to be relatively uniform all around. It’s gotta be the retrograde rotation, right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zoe Phin said:

The greenhouse effect is in many ways like the labor theory of value. Stupid. No evidence. But it gives the pretense to have something to complain about.

Wow, just wow. I drive my truck for a day and miss all this. I suggest doing simple searches on some of the key phrases being used by this poster. She is getting this crap somewhere, it's not just free form nonsense.

I'm going to bed now. It's a little cold here so I'm going to use a blanket to trap some heat to keep me warm.

Edited by gowlerk

6 hours ago, Zoe Phin said:

I just showed you that clouds reduce outgoing longwave radiation and this causes nonsurface warming.

Right.  So does CO2.  So does methane.   Are you starting to understand that . . . all that matters?  If so, great!

What planet are you on?

Earth.  You know, the planet that is warming due to increased concentrations of greenhouse gases.

3 hours ago, Zoe Phin said:

It has hardly any methane to warrant ANY scientist from claiming there's a greenhouse effect making Uranus so hot underneath.

So you are backtracking.  Good!  You're starting to learn from your mistakes.  Let's hope that continues.

As I've shown, CO2 doesn't warm Earth's surface.

Again, without CO2 (and water vapor, and ozone, and all the other gases that selectively block EM) we'd be an iceball.  So you should be happy that greenhouse gases actually work.

And the temperature of Uranus at 1 bar atmo pressure is the same as on Earth, discounted by distance to the sun.

But what sort of discount?  Like, Black Friday discount or everyday low prices at Target?

If you radiate 3 glass jars filled with: CO2, Water Vapor, and Argon. Which jar will get the hottest?

You don't really understand this stuff, do you.

21 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Wow, just wow. I drive my truck for a day and miss all this. I suggest doing simple searches on some of the key phrases being used by this poster. She is getting this crap somewhere, it's not just free form nonsense.

Most of it is from Watts Up With That, one of the more popular denier blogs.

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

You think?

As a troll ZP does not even have entertainment value.

At least RonD is good for a laugh.

Well, it's newer material than what brenthutch offers, which is really just going in circles. At least to me. Maybe brenthutch just lowered my standards a lot.

ZP is clearly used to speaking to non-scientists, judging by the amount of chaotic, nonsensical bullshit she came up with, using bad computer code, name-dropping random 200 year old scientists, jumping around various arguments chaotically - she's a con artist crackpot. She intentionally uses jargon to try to intimidate and try to impress, it might work with laypersons but when faced with people who actually know stuff it kind of collapses pretty quickly.

And don't lose hope - a glimpse of her page seems to indicate some election deniership as well (particularly in Georgia) so there's still a chance she'll turn full RonD. :tongue:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, olofscience said:

Well, it's newer material than what brenthutch offers, which is really just going in circles. At least to me. Maybe brenthutch just lowered my standards a lot.

ZP is clearly used to speaking to non-scientists, judging by the amount of chaotic, nonsensical bullshit she came up with, using bad computer code, name-dropping random 200 year old scientists, jumping around various arguments chaotically - she's a con artist crackpot. She intentionally uses jargon to try to intimidate and try to impress, it might work with laypersons but when faced with people who actually know stuff it kind of collapses pretty quickly.

And don't lose hope - a glimpse of her page seems to indicate some election deniership as well (particularly in Georgia) so there's still a chance she'll turn full RonD. :tongue:

When China, or Russia, farms out programming for its bots to Islamabad University grads this is what you get. Their top code writers are hacking the DOD, FAA, etc.

22 minutes ago, Zoe Phin said:

"For some reason, Venus’ surface temperature seems to be relatively uniform all around. It’s gotta be the retrograde rotation, right?"

It's internal.

http://phzoe.com/2019/12/25/why-is-venus-so-hot/

That's why it's so uniform.

Is the earth's temperature due to internal heat too? :rofl: