5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Lady Liberty keeps her blindfold on as she cries for the state of American justice.

A rich White guy with 78.75 million shares of DJT stock sits $10 a share richer this morning alone than he did yesterday afternoon. She sees his new grifting of bibles, shoes, etc. to prey upon the weak minded cultists that whoreship him. He has figured out how to milk the cows dry. How to laugh at judgements and sanctions. Now recognizing what a lifetime of scamming the system has taught him.

Is it possible to make it more clear - the end justifies the means?  I don't think so.  How can you not see what you've become?  Liberals used to protect the constitution, and the liberties it ensured.  Now their religion is government, they worship it, see the constitution as an obstacle to effective governance, an impediment to doing what is needed to be done for the greater good, determined by...

Do you recognize it is possible to support policies without supporting the politician?  I don't think you all can have policy debates anymore, so much hate, intolerance, and bigotry has filled your world view.

Edited by sundevil777

38 minutes ago, sundevil777 said:

Is it possible to make it more clear - the end justifies the means?  I don't think so.  How can you not see what you've become?  Liberals used to protect the constitution, and the liberties it ensured.

Yep.  And still do.  And we fight against those who say they will "terminate" it.

Now their religion is government, they worship it, see the constitution as an obstacle to effective governance, an impediment to doing what is needed to be done for the greater good, determined by . . .

Wait.  I thought our religion was climate change?  Or vaccines?  It's tough to have to change your religion so often when conservatives change their mind . . .

But seriously no liberal I know worships government.  It's good at some things, bad at others.  It is at its best when it protects the rights of everyone - women, minorities, LGBT people - against the tyranny of the masses.  It is at its worst when it's used to support and enable individual strongmen.

Do you recognize it is possible to support policies without supporting the politician? 

Sure.  I support better control of our border, for example, even though I oppose Trump.

That being said, it's ironic that what triggered this anti-liberal diatribe was the mention of one particular politician.

• Like 2

(edited)
39 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  And still do.  And we fight against those who say they will "terminate" it.

Wait.  I thought our religion was climate change?  Or vaccines?  It's tough to have to change your religion so often when conservatives change their mind . . .

But seriously no liberal I know worships government.  It's good at some things, bad at others.  It is at its best when it protects the rights of everyone - women, minorities, LGBT people - against the tyranny of the masses.  It is at its worst when it's used to support and enable individual strongmen.

Sure.  I support better control of our border, for example, even though I oppose Trump.

That being said, it's ironic that what triggered this anti-liberal diatribe was the mention of one particular politician.

You worship several things, correct, some would call it paganism.  

Diatribe?  Pretty dramatic sounding.  

I understand opposing Trump.  I don't understand how you think the process honors our constitution or lady liberty.  You underestimate the threat to democracy/the constitution/liberty is enabled by how he is being opposed.  

What is your limiting principle? What is out of bounds?

Edited by sundevil777

1 hour ago, sundevil777 said:

Is it possible to make it more clear - the end justifies the means?  I don't think so.  How can you not see what you've become?  Liberals used to protect the constitution, and the liberties it ensured.  Now their religion is government, they worship it, see the constitution as an obstacle to effective governance, an impediment to doing what is needed to be done for the greater good, determined by...

Do you recognize it is possible to support policies without supporting the politician?  I don't think you all can have policy debates anymore, so much hate, intolerance, and bigotry has filled your world view.

The foundations of American conservative ideology has morphed into distrust of government. Washington, no all forms of government are nothing but a parasite upon the freedoms of Americans for them. The government doesn't function, politicians who are from the other side are all corrupt. This is unique to US conservatives. It has swung from 90% who trusted the government to handle domestic issues in 2002 to 17% who trust it today, twenty years later.

G.W. Bush was the president in 1991 when the percentage of government spending as a percentage of the economy(gdp) was 36%.. Last year it was 36%. Its too bad that propaganda has blinded you to facts.

You underestimate the threat to democracy/the constitution/liberty is enabled by how he is being opposed. 

You first have to show political influence on Trump prosecution. Like, actual evidence.

Exactly which lawsuit are you objecting to and for what reason?

I understand opposing Trump.  I don't understand how you think the process honors our constitution or lady liberty.  You underestimate the threat to democracy/the constitution/liberty is enabled by how he is being opposed.  

Trump needs to be held accountable for his crimes.

Allowing him to be free from any consequences for his behavior is far more dangerous.

What, exactly, is the 'threat to democracy' that is present by how he's being opposed?

Presidential immunity?
Please. As was noted in the SC arguments, if that was a thing, Biden could have Trump (or anyone) murdered without consequences.

The idea that "all men are equal under the law" would be shit on.

14th Amendment issues?
Again, please. There have been a number of Constitutional scholars who have stated pretty clearly that Trump should be barred from office for the Jan 6 insurrection attempt.
Scholars from all political sides.

The ones who are the REAL threat to democracy are the Rs who are trying incredibly hard, with zero success to impeach Biden. Every charge they've tried has fallen to pieces when closely examined.
Just about everything has been exposed as a Russian lie.

Seen elsewhere:
Either Biden is so good at being a criminal that the Rs can't prove their charges,

or the Rs are so incompetent that they can't provide any evidence of 'all this illegal activity'...

Or it's all bullshit.

2 hours ago, sundevil777 said:

Do you recognize it is possible to support policies without supporting the politician? 

Well, of course, that's the norm actually. In this particularly obscene case the politician is Donald J. Trump and even if his stated policy was free 1998, 2002, and 2005 Grand Cru Burgundies, free jumps, free jet fuel, and new yachts annually for semi-retired DZO's I would still oppose him for the threat to democracy, world peace, and plague on humanity that he is. 

2 hours ago, sundevil777 said:

You worship several things, correct, some would call it paganism.  

Fair enough.  You worship a rapist, which would seem to be worse.  I think that's what some might call worshiping a false prophet.

Diatribe?  Pretty dramatic sounding.

Yep.  When you assign someone a religion to someone, then go off on how filled with hate, hate, intolerance, and bigotry they are - that's a diatribe.

I understand opposing Trump.  I don't understand how you think the process honors our constitution or lady liberty. 

Because the opposition to - and support of - elected leaders is central to our democracy.  It's how democracy works.  Take that away and you have . . . North Korea.

You underestimate the threat to democracy/the constitution/liberty is enabled by how he is being opposed.  

Opposing corrupt politicians is actually central to our liberty.  Keep in mind that Trump has stated that he will "terminate" the Constitution and become a dictator.  That is a literal, direct threat to the Constitution.

Rape is out of bounds for me.  Sad that it is not for so many republicans.

Giving politicians immunity for their crimes is out of bounds.  They should obey the same laws we have to.

Conspiring with Russia against the United States is out of bounds.

Selling our secrets to our enemies is out of bounds.

Hurting the feelings of Trump supporters - not so much.

3 hours ago, sundevil777 said:

Of course you have specific numerous chapter, line and verse examples for your claims right?

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

The foundations of American conservative ideology has morphed into distrust of government. Washington, no all forms of government are nothing but a parasite upon the freedoms of Americans for them. The government doesn't function, politicians who are from the other side are all corrupt. This is unique to US conservatives. It has swung from 90% who trusted the government to handle domestic issues in 2002 to 17% who trust it today, twenty years later.

G.W. Bush was the president in 1991 when the percentage of government spending as a percentage of the economy(gdp) was 36%.. Last year it was 36%. Its too bad that propaganda has blinded you to facts.

yeah I always get a kick out of right wingers who do not trust the government, and think it should be dismantled and yet claim to 'believe in the constitution', which is apparently all about personal freedoms and nothing else.

They seem to ignore and gloss over all the parts of the constitution that specifically define the government and in many cases, its widespread and expansive powers to govern.

cherry picking - much like they do with the bible and so many other things.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tkhayes said:

believe in the constitution', which is apparently all about personal freedoms and nothing else.

Well, lots of people are interested in their own rights; a little less interested in others’ rights. Especially if those rights aren’t the the same ones.

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tkhayes said:

Of course you have specific numerous chapter, line and verse examples for your claims right?

Of course he does not, I requested that data in post #2049 but as usual from Trumpies: Nada. They can never simply state exactly what they like about Trump while owning his innumerable deficits.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

Funny how these conservatives who are so distrustful of government are all in favor of government having control of womens' bodies and government telling people who they may or may not love.

Indeed, just absolutely hilarious. 50.5% of us are female and of the 100% at least 10% are released by nature from victorian sex mores. So no matter how you do math a clear majority are being controlled by a minority and the only way they can pull off that trick is by using the government. Oh, and by lying their asses off, too, of course.

Moral turpitude strikes again.  So much winning!

https://apnews.com/article/john-eastman-donald-trump-2020-election-0041abb4a644638d916f3b5ad9006bdf

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge has recommended that conservative attorney John Eastman lose his California law license over his efforts to keep former President Donald Trump in power after the 2020 election.

Eastman, a former law school dean, faced 11 disciplinary charges in the state bar court stemming from his development of a legal strategy to have then-Vice President Mike Pence interfere with the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory.

State Bar Court of California Judge Yvette Roland’s recommendation, issued Wednesday, now goes to the California Supreme Court for a final ruling on whether he should be disbarred. Eastman can appeal the top court’s decision.

“Dr. Eastman maintains that his handling of the legal issues he was asked to assess after the November 2020 election was based on reliable legal precedent, prior presidential elections, research of constitutional text, and extensive scholarly material,” Eastman’s attorney, Randall Miller, said in a statement after the ruling. “The process undertaken by Dr. Eastman in 2020 is the same process taken by lawyers every day and everywhere – indeed, that is the essence of what lawyers do.”

The judge found Eastman liable for 10 of the 11 charges, including misleading courts, moral turpitude, making false statements and plotting with Trump to hinder the transfer of power.

And the marks keep sending him money:

NYT: How Trump Moved Money to Pay $100 Million in Legal Bills

The remarkable sum means that Mr. Trump has averaged more than $90,000 a day in legal-related costs for more than three years — none of it paid for with his own money.

Do you think the fool has ever considered how much more money he would have if he just stopped committing crimes, so he didn't need to spend it all on lawyers?

"The evidence clearly and convincingly proves that Eastman and President Trump entered into an agreement to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress by unlawfully having Vice President Pence reject or delay the counting of electoral votes on January 6, 2021. … Upon consideration of the totality of the facts, the court finds weighty circumstantial evidence demonstrating a collaborative effort between Eastman and President Trump to impede the counting of elector votes on January 6, 2021, as articulated in Eastman’s memos.";  Judge Yvette Roland,  in a 128 page finding, recommending the  stripping of John Eastman, Donald Trump’s former attorney, of his California law license.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:01 PM, ryoder said:

And the marks keep sending him money:

NYT: How Trump Moved Money to Pay $100 Million in Legal Bills

The remarkable sum means that Mr. Trump has averaged more than $90,000 a day in legal-related costs for more than three years — none of it paid for with his own money.

Do you think the fool has ever considered how much more money he would have if he just stopped committing crimes, so he didn't need to spend it all on lawyers?

Sure but trump could no sooner quit committing crimes than Pavlov's dogs could stop drooling.

No one could have forseen this, but the people who started Trump's disastrous Truth Social are starting to go to jail for their crimes.

“Michael and Gerald Shvartsman admitted in court that they received confidential, inside information about an upcoming merger between DWAC and Trump Media and used that information to make profitable, but illegal, open-market trades,” US Attorney Damien Williams said in a press release.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-investors-trump-media-insider-171511936.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Like 2

Co-founders of Trump Media, Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss are being counter-sued by Trump. They initiated suits against Trump alleging that Trump wanted to issue a billion shares. Which they felt would dilute the shares to practically nothing. So one day before it went public Trump filed against them stating that they should have no shares in Trump media whatsoever.

They were both formerly apprentices on Trump's TV show. The idea of the media corporation was evidently brought to Trump by them. But they evidently learned nothing on the show about Trump or prior to getting involved in a business deal with him.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:07 PM, sundevil777 said:

These are all very flowery and persuasive sentiments... But I notice you haven't elaborated on even one specific thing you think liberals are doing which is unconstitutional, hateful or bigoted. 

Almost as if there really aren't any.

On 3/27/2024 at 2:07 PM, sundevil777 said:

Why should we tolerate any politician who is a proven prolific liar, a proven rapist, a proven adulterer, an admitted sexual predator, and a proven fraud?

23 minutes ago, kallend said:

Why should we tolerate any politician who is a proven prolific liar, a proven rapist, a proven adulterer, an admitted sexual predator, and a proven fraud?

I thought your team liked Biden. 

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I thought your team liked Biden. 

Not the saddest attempt at trolling I’ve ever seen - but gets bonus points since some people consider you as one of the guys who should know better.