5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

Not sure these scumbags should get off scot free with a plea deal. They were neck deep in it, and would have been looking forward to a successful outcome of Trumps scheme. Nothing could have happened without their involvement. We are seeing crocodile tears and false repentance. They all need to see the inside of a jail cell.

• Like 3

Just now, obelixtim said:

Not sure these scumbags should get off scot free with a plea deal. They were neck deep in it, and would have been looking forward to a successful outcome of Trumps scheme. Nothing could have happened without their involvement. We are seeing crocodile tears and false repentance. They all need to see the inside of a jail cell.

Agreed. The Deranged Moron was the core of the rot, but he couldn't have done it without the enablers.

Just now, ryoder said:

Agreed. The Deranged Moron was the core of the rot, but he couldn't have done it without the enablers.

Presumably the deranged moron knows this as well and if not I'm sure his lawyers told him this. Its motivating to see disclosure of all the material against trump then throw in all the personal discussions with his own lawyers.

Cue "I fought the law and the law finally won".

(edited)
26 minutes ago, ryoder said:

For sure. Like with Sydney Powell breaking into the election machines, tampering with them, stealing voter data and causing damage that cost a lot of money to put right. Those criminal acts were her idea and she carried them out. With support and financing from Trump, yes, but it's not like she was just a mindless henchman carrying out the bosses orders, and I think she got very, very lucky with her sentence. (Edit: at least we can hope she'll be bankrupted forever by the lawsuits though.)

Plus, what's it going to look like if everyone gets a sweetheart plea deal then only Trump is locked up? That'd be some fuel for the "political prosecution!" Maga crowd.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 5:58 PM, billvon said:

Yesterday: "MS. POWELL WAS NOT MY ATTORNEY, AND NEVER WAS."

Which is a very interesting statement, specially since he went on to state how that would have been a conflict for Ms. Powell since she was Mike Flynn's attorney. She also started to get pushed out of the "Kraken Team" the day Flynn was pardoned.

She was brought on to ensure Flynn's cooperation in return for a pardon and pushed out as soon as the pardon was granted and no longer needed. 

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Plus, what's it going to look like if everyone gets a sweetheart plea deal then only Trump is locked up? That'd be some fuel for the "political prosecution!" Maga crowd.

So give Trump a sweetheart plea deal as well.  Two months in jail with time off for good behavior, a fine, and an agreeement to never run for office again.  Boom!  Done.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

So give Trump a sweetheart plea deal as well.  Two months in jail with time off for good behavior, a fine, and an agreeement to never run for office again.  Boom!  Done.

I'd also want an agreement that he would never again in any forum claim the election was stolen and never in any way, shape, or form have any contact with any representative of a foreign government, and never again discuss anything he learned in his capacity as President with anyone on pain of jail.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

I'd also want an agreement that he would never again in any forum claim the election was stolen and never in any way, shape, or form have any contact with any representative of a foreign government, and never again discuss anything he learned in his capacity as President with anyone on pain of jail.

Hi Joe,

Re:  I'd also want an agreement that he would never again in any forum claim the election was stolen

Me thinks you ask too much:   The judge overseeing Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial accused the former president Wednesday of potentially violating the judge’s gag order a second time

Trump’s latest insult prompts judge to weigh further penalties - POLITICO

As I continue to say:  He is his own worst enemy.

We should be glad of that.

Jerry Baumchen

44 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Re:  I'd also want an agreement that he would never again in any forum claim the election was stolen

Me thinks you ask too much:   The judge overseeing Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial accused the former president Wednesday of potentially violating the judge’s gag order a second time

Trump’s latest insult prompts judge to weigh further penalties - POLITICO

We should be glad of that.

Jerry Baumchen

The new fine is double the last one at $10k. Pity no jail time.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The new fine is double the last one at $10k. Pity no jail time.

Oh but it wasn't just the fine. He had to take the witness stand, tell his story and then be called a liar by the judge. That hurts his frail ego so much more than the fine. He will fundraise off the fine and make it a 100 times over by tonight.

Edited by SkyDekker
"is" to "his"
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Oh but it wasn't just the fine. He had to take the witness stand, tell his story and then be called a liar by the judge. That hurts is frail ego so much more than the fine. He will fundraise off the fine and make it a 100 times over by tonight.

You're right. If the American martyr been sent to jail the fundraising would have exploded.

7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

You're right. If the American martyr been sent to jail the fundraising would have exploded.

After a bit of Cohen's testimony, where the judge refused to end the trial right then and there, Trump threw up his arms, said "I'm leaving" and stormed out of court.  No doubt to either immediately violate the gag order again, or stew in silence until his blood pressure reached into the stratosphere.

Thoughts and prayers.

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

After a bit of Cohen's testimony, where the judge refused to end the trial right then and there, Trump threw up his arms, said "I'm leaving" and stormed out of court.  No doubt to either immediately violate the gag order again, or stew in silence until his blood pressure reached into the stratosphere.

Thoughts and prayers.

Hamberder and coke.

(edited)
1 hour ago, johnhking1 said:

Will the Secret Service agents be in the cell with him or sitting outside.  I think I'd call in sick.

Compare and contrast the Secret Service agents looking after President Jimmy Carter and trump. One is out building houses for the poor and the other is out stealing from the poor and weak minded.

I wonder if trump realizes that they don't serve McD in prison and the toilet paper isn't the soft and fluffy type.

Edited by Phil1111

The judge overseeing the $250 million civil trial against Donald Trump and his company ordered Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump to testify in the case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/judge-orders-ivanka-trump-testify-250-million-fraud-case-rcna122482

I particularly liked this from the AG:

"Ms. Trump remains under the control of the Trump Organization, including through her ongoing and substantial business ties to the organization," the AG argued, adding that she "does not seem to be averse to her involvement in the family business when it comes to owning and collecting proceeds from the OPO (hotel) sale, the Trump Organization purchasing insurance for her and her companies, managing her household staff and credit card bills, renting her apartment or even paying her legal fees in this action. It is only when she is tasked with answering for that involvement that she disclaims any connection."

On 10/27/2023 at 10:29 AM, kallend said:

The judge overseeing the $250 million civil trial against Donald Trump and his company ordered Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump to testify in the case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/judge-orders-ivanka-trump-testify-250-million-fraud-case-rcna122482

I particularly liked this from the AG:

"Ms. Trump remains under the control of the Trump Organization, including through her ongoing and substantial business ties to the organization," the AG argued, adding that she "does not seem to be averse to her involvement in the family business when it comes to owning and collecting proceeds from the OPO (hotel) sale, the Trump Organization purchasing insurance for her and her companies, managing her household staff and credit card bills, renting her apartment or even paying her legal fees in this action. It is only when she is tasked with answering for that involvement that she disclaims any connection."

Hi John,

the former president derided the judge, Arthur Engoron, as “unhinged” and “an out of control ‘Nut Job,’”

Trump lashes out at New York judge for order requiring Ivanka to testify - POLITICO

It will be very interesting to see what Judge Engoron has to say about this one.

One can only hope,

Jerry Baumchen

33 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

the former president derided the judge, Arthur Engoron, as “unhinged” and “an out of control ‘Nut Job,’”

Trump lashes out at New York judge for order requiring Ivanka to testify - POLITICO

It will be very interesting to see what Judge Engoron has to say about this one.

One can only hope,

He might be ok on that one - in the name of free speech I think the Judge has effectively said that he is fair game - it's his staff that is off limits.

But speaking of unhinged, Sidney Powell might have blown her plea deal up already, saying the prosecutor 'extorted' her guilty plea.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sidney-powell-doubt-election-results-attack-prosecutors-after-guilty-plea-2023-10?r=US&IR=T

29 minutes ago, jakee said:

He might be ok on that one - in the name of free speech I think the Judge has effectively said that he is fair game - it's his staff that is off limits.

But speaking of unhinged, Sidney Powell might have blown her plea deal up already, saying the prosecutor 'extorted' her guilty plea.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sidney-powell-doubt-election-results-attack-prosecutors-after-guilty-plea-2023-10?r=US&IR=T

Maybe, maybe not.

It's not a stretch to say that the prosecutor put a LOT of pressure on her.
The prospect of very big legal bills (that Trumpty Dumpty is NOT helping with) and a long stretch in prison is pretty serious 'coercion'.
"Extortion" is a bit strong, but not completely incorrect.

Reading the article, I don't see anywhere that she says she's innocent of the charges.

She's still pretending the election was stolen, votes were fraudulent and the prosecution is 'rigged' against conservatives (you know, a 'witch hunt').
Also crying that she can't have 'attorney client privilege' (Funny how Trumpty had claimed she was never his attorney).
All of the standard crap to rile up the MAGA morons and get them to send her money.

But I don't see anywhere that she denies she committed the crimes she pled guilty to.
THAT would be a problem. 

I remember when Kathleen Soliah was found, arrested & tried. She had been part of the SLA (that kidnapped Patty Hearst) and was a fugitive for a long time.
She pled guilty in late 2001, correctly thinking that a terrorist who planted bombs would not likely get much sympathy in the immediate aftermath of the Sept 11 attacks.
After pleading guilty, she went out on the courthouse steps and held a news conference where she proclaimed her innocence. And promote her cookbook, being sold as a fundraiser.
The judge got rather pissed and pulled her back into court. There was an interesting kerfuffle, and she ended up going to trial. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Jane_Olson

As with most of the court stuff after the 'stolen election', she's saying a lot of shit.

But she knows where the line is, and doesn't seem to be crossing it.

On 10/28/2023 at 3:24 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Maybe, maybe not.

It's not a stretch to say that the prosecutor put a LOT of pressure on her.
The prospect of very big legal bills (that Trumpty Dumpty is NOT helping with) and a long stretch in prison is pretty serious 'coercion'.
"Extortion" is a bit strong, but not completely incorrect.

That applies to every criminal prosecution - even more so to those of more limited means than Sidney (like most of us).

"The People versus John Doe" is a bit lopsided in terms of available resources, and funding for public defenders is woefully inadequate.

Trump spent a career using legal bullying tactics in civil cases too.