8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

23 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Same point you are making about Ukraine invasion, Israel and Hamas conflict happening on Biden's watch.

Weakness demonstrated in Afghanistan, and the failure of a Democrat administration to take action against Russia after its invasion of Crimea invited Russian adventurism.  Arguably Trump could be blamed for Hamas, as the success of the Abraham Accords threatened to split Arab opposition to Israel. However the impending influx of billions into Iranian coffers didn’t help matters.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Weakness demonstrated in Afghanistan, and the failure of a Democrat administration to take action against Russia after its invasion of Crimea invited Russian adventurism.  Arguably Trump could be blamed for Hamas, as the success of the Abraham Accords threatened to split Arab opposition to Israel. However the impending influx of billions into Iranian coffers didn’t help matters.

Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-02/coronavirus-trump-pandemic-program-viruses-detection

7 million dead.

Edited by SkyDekker

8 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-02/coronavirus-trump-pandemic-program-viruses-detection

7 million dead.

From your post 

“It is unclear whether another five-year grant would have dulled the impact of the current pandemic”

Clearly the money spent was wasted as demonstrated by the program’s inability to perform its mission, resulting in 7 million dead.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

From your post 

“It is unclear whether another five-year grant would have dulled the impact of the current pandemic”

Clearly the money spent was wasted as demonstrated by the program’s inability to perform its mission, resulting in 7 million dead.

If it is unclear, that does not mean it is therefor clear the opposite is true. Unless, like you, one has already made up their mind and are only looking for anything to support their pre-determined opinions.

I will give you credit for actually reading more than a headline, I didn't think you had it in you. Must have slept well after all that exertion!

56 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

If it is unclear, that does not mean it is therefor clear the opposite is true. 

You seem to think a few more weeks of funding would have prevented 7 million deaths. Not to mention the program purpose was to identify virus in the field, COVID was already identified, modified, in a lab in Wuhan and soon to be unleashed on the world. BTW phrase like “it is unclear”,  “it’s complicated” and “probably” is lefty media speak for “the actual facts belie the gist of my article” (It is the LA Times after all)

(edited)

Seem like the smoking gun in that article is that James Biden failed to secure Middle Eastern investment for the businesses he was representing.

So yeah, that’s terrible for Joe Biden. Everyone knows the President whose family doesn’t make billions from the Saudis is the corrupt one.

Edited by jakee

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You seem to think a few more weeks of funding would have prevented 7 million deaths. Not to mention the program purpose was to identify virus in the field, COVID was already identified, modified, in a lab in Wuhan and soon to be unleashed on the world. BTW phrase like “it is unclear”,  “it’s complicated” and “probably” is lefty media speak for “the actual facts belie the gist of my article” (It is the LA Times after all)

Ahhh, I see the issue. When you made that rather silly post you had actually thought about it. That makes it even worse. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Seems like it's their only comeback. Attack the bearer of bad news.

Since they are unable to address the substance of the message, their only recourse is to attack the messenger. We even had one member discount another persons point based on their diet.  It would be like me staying Paul McCarthy was a bad songwriter because he was a vegetarian. But if that is all they have…then that is all they have.

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Seems like it's their only comeback. Attack the bearer of bad news.

38 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Since they are unable to address the substance of the message, their only recourse is to attack the messenger.

You two sure are cute together

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Since they are unable to address the substance of the message, their only recourse is to attack the messenger. 

You know who you’re talking to there, right? So why are you saying ‘they’ instead of ‘you’?

I had you flat out lying about the content of the source you were trying to use to prove your point and you just ignored it. Now you’re just ignoring that Slim’s only tactic in any discussion is to attack the messenger. So why are you agreeing with him that it’s a ‘they’ problem? 

Why don’t you have the intellectual honesty to point out the bad behaviour of people you think are on your side instead of just the other side?

15 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Dude has gone full "China virus conspiracy"? Are you sure he's not just Trolling again?

Ahhhh yes.

The conspiracy fantasy that Covid was 'engineered' and intentionally released.

Without even attempting to address the fact that anyone trying to use a virus as a weapon would probably pick one that has more than single digit percentage mortality.

Kinda hard to address the 'substance' of an accusation when there's...

Absolutely NO SUBSTANCE to it in the first place.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I ignored it because what you were saying made absolutely no sense.

Well that’s obviously not true. If you thought I’d got something wrong you wouldn’t hesitate to attack. The only things you ignore are the things you know you can’t defend. 

8 hours ago, jakee said:

Well that’s obviously not true. If you thought I’d got something wrong you wouldn’t hesitate to attack. The only things you ignore are the things you know you can’t defend. 

No truly I have no idea what you are talking about. I ignored you because it is bad form to punch down. (Not that I really have any alternative on this forum)