1 1
Phil1111

Religious Authoritarianism Has America nailed to its Cross

trump increased his votes by 10,189,971 since his 2016 victory.  What hasn't been addressed is from where and why. "According to preliminary exit polls from Edison Research (the data is necessarily rough at this stage), 28 percent of voters identified as either white evangelical or white born-again Christian, and of these, 76 percent voted for Mr. Trump." Christian nationalists want America Christian. They want it white and they want to ensure that conservative christian nationalist values rule the land. They are ready to use whatever measures legal and illegal that are necessary.

It sees the election as proof of persecution and of its own righteousness. "Conservative voters of faith “came in massive numbers, seven and a half million more above the 2016 baseline, which was itself a record,” Ralph Reed, head of the Faith and Freedom Coalition and a longtime religious right activist, said at a postelection press briefing. “We believe they’re the reason why Republicans are going to hold the Senate.”

Conservative Christians are at the forefront of spreading the lies of election fraud. "Michele Bachmann, the former Minnesota congresswoman and 2012 presidential candidate, said, “Smash the delusion, Father, of Joe Biden is our president. He is not.” In Crisis Magazine, a conservative Catholic publication, Richard C. Antall likened media reporting on the Biden-Harris ticket’s victory to a “coup d’état.” Mat Staver, chairman and founder of Liberty Counsel, added, “What we are witnessing only happens in communist or repressive regimes. We must not allow this fraud to happen in America.”

Yet networks the MSM allows conservative Christians to get away with this, because they are afraid of Christians. More than they are afraid of trump. They repeat election fraud and how that fraud was perpetrated in their TV programs, their websites and on Sundays.

The conservative speaker and Falkirk Center fellow David Harris Jr. put it this way:

If you’re a believer, and you believe God appointed Donald J. Trump to run this country, to lead this country, and you believe as I do that he will be re-elected the President of the United States, then friends, you’ve got to guard your heart, you’ve got to guard your peace. Right now we are at war."

"War" and democrats, liberals don't even know it.

48 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Yet networks the MSM allows conservative Christians to get away with this, because they are afraid of Christians.

Because it's blasphemy to defame Christ's chosen ones. Oh, but if the Muslims get all twitchy when the Prophet is defamed that's intolerable! 

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The conservative speaker and Falkirk Center fellow David Harris Jr. put it this way:

If you’re a believer, and you believe God appointed Donald J. Trump to run this country, to lead this country, and you believe as I do that he will be re-elected the President of the United States, then friends, you’ve got to guard your heart, you’ve got to guard your peace. Right now we are at war."

Hah, who knew God could be defeated by a couple of dodgy Venezuelan voting machines?

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Hah, who knew God could be defeated by a couple of dodgy Venezuelan voting machines?

Never underestimate the power of Jews, i.e. Soros: Nov 14 NYT

"Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, continued on Saturday his effort to delegitimize votes cast through electronic voting machines, citing several conspiracies connected to the companies that make the machines and the software they run in a post on Twitter.

Looking to sow doubt about the vote count in multiple swing states that were recently called for President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr., Mr. Giuliani hinted support for a discredited theory that one of the companies that manufactures the voting machines used in some states, Smartmatic, is controlled by the billionaire philanthropist George Soros.

“Look up SMARTMATIC and tweet me what you think?” Mr. Giuliani wrote. “It will all come out.”

Hours later, President Trump picked up a similar refrain, stating in a tweet that the election was “stolen” by “privately owned Radical Left company, Dominion,” without providing evidence or explaining why Dominion was distinct among the many other privately owned election system vendors that routinely administer elections in the United States."

34 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

Although God maintains sovereignty over everything, his decrees aren't necessarily the same thing as his precepts which aren't necessarily the same as what he merely permits.  He didn't necessarily "appoint" President Trump, as has been stated here.

Gobbledegook.

1 hour ago, jaybird18c said:

Although God maintains sovereignty over everything, his decrees aren't necessarily the same thing as his precepts which aren't necessarily the same as what he merely permits.  He didn't necessarily "appoint" President Trump, as has been stated here.

I could eat alphabet soup and shit out a more coherent thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaybird18c said:

In other words, you don't have a clue what your god wants. Which is not surprising given the state of confusion you are in. But I'm sure you have some sort of a shaman or priest you see as a leader who will shortly be telling you.

Edited by gowlerk

9 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Man, I'm really struggling with this one. Is there a code?

·ǝɹǝɥ pǝʇɐʇs uǝǝq sɐɥ sɐ ʻdɯnɹꓕ ʇuǝpᴉsǝɹꓒ ˌˌʇuᴉoddɐˌˌ ʎๅᴉɹɐssǝɔǝu ʇˌupᴉp ǝH ·sʇᴉɯɹǝd ʎๅǝɹǝɯ ǝɥ ʇɐɥʍ sɐ ǝɯɐs ǝɥʇ ʎๅᴉɹɐssǝɔǝu ʇˌuǝɹɐ ɥɔᴉɥʍ sʇdǝɔǝɹd sᴉɥ sɐ ɓuᴉɥʇ ǝɯɐs ǝɥʇ ʎๅᴉɹɐssǝɔǝu ʇˌuǝɹɐ sǝǝɹɔǝp sᴉɥ ʻɓuᴉɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ ɹǝʌo ʎʇuɓᴉǝɹǝʌos suᴉɐʇuᴉɐɯ poꓨ ɥɓnoɥʇๅⱯ

.ereh detats neeb sah sa ,pmurT tnediserP "tnioppa" ylirassecen t'ndid eH .stimrep ylerem eh tahw sa emas eht ylirassecen t'nera hcihw stpecerp sih sa gniht emas eht ylirassecen t'nera seerced sih ,gnihtyreve revo ytngierevos sniatniam doG hguohtlA

10 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

So the 13 death row inmates trump has ordered to be executed. Where does god and trump fit into that equation?

16 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Despite the ignorance of the Luciferians here, I understand perfectly what you stated.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Despite the ignorance of the Luciferians here, I understand perfectly what you stated.

Gotta love how you equate 'disagreement' with 'demon worship'.

How about them election lawsuits?

Trump has gone from 'voter fraud' to 'overturn the results'. 

He's blatantly trying to undermine the Constitution and steal the election.
Even the judges he nominated are not permitting it.

19 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Still waiting for that 'preponderance of evidence' you promised a few years ago.

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How about them election lawsuits?

Trump has gone from 'voter fraud' to 'overturn the results'. 

He's blatantly trying to undermine the Constitution and steal the election.
Even the judges he nominated are not permitting it.

I don’t think these people really care about the constitution. I think they worry more about having a white America than anything else. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I don’t think these people really care about the constitution. I think they worry more about having a white America than anything else. 

I think it’s somewhat different; they want an America that’s comfortable, where they know where they fit, and how to react to things. However, that’s generally the America of their childhood, when, yes, the power structure was white and male and Christian. 
An awful lot of people just want to be in their comfort zone. That their comfort zone depends on other people fitting into the structure around them and their preconceptions is secondary to most. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I think it’s somewhat different; they want an America that’s comfortable, where they know where they fit, and how to react to things. However, that’s generally the America of their childhood, when, yes, the power structure was white and male and Christian. 
An awful lot of people just want to be in their comfort zone. That their comfort zone depends on other people fitting into the structure around them and their preconceptions is secondary to most. 
Wendy P. 

That's pretty mushy. What are you saying? That they are racist and bigoted but it's not too bad because they are soft racists and bigots?

Edit to add.  The problem is that there are both Christian fundamentalists and white nationalists out there and there is a fair amount of overlap between these groups. Then there are those who lean that way, or have varying degrees of sympathy with them. That is the group that Trump is calling to when he says things like "there are good people on both sides". If that kind of thinking is tolerated it emboldens the extremes to become more extreme and it encourages those leaning to fall off the fence and join them. 

Stephen Miller and his ilk are counting on your understanding and acceptance as they go about their mission.   

Edited by gowlerk

27 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

That's pretty mushy. What are you saying? That they are racist and bigoted but it's not too bad because they are soft racists and bigots?

That's obviously NOT what she's saying.  She's not defending their viewpoint, just offering a bit of nuance rather than screaming 'they're all evil racists!'  Trying to understand where people are coming from doesn't necessarily mean you agree with what they think.  If there's the slightest bit of hope that the current levels of polarization-based hatred can be deescalated, it's gotta start with people trying to understand the other side.....that's difficult as fuck when the 'other side' considers anybody to the political left of Stephen Miller to be Luciferien, but I don't have any better ideas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lippy said:

If there's the slightest bit of hope that the current levels of polarization-based hatred can be deescalated, it's gotta start with people trying to understand the other side.....that's difficult as fuck when the 'other side' considers anybody to the political left of Stephen Miller to be Luciferien, but I don't have any better ideas.

I think we do understand them just fine. The current levels of hate in the public sphere are there because leaders on the right whipped them up and caused them deliberately. It is not an accident, it is a goal.

Edited by gowlerk

And...the Proud Boys in action....

https://us.cnn.com/2020/12/12/us/stop-the-steal-protest-washington-dc-trnd/index.html

It looks like there must be some kind of gun control working in DC because miraculously the 4 people in the hospital in critical condition were all stabbing victims.

Edited by gowlerk

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I think it’s somewhat different; they want an America that’s comfortable, where they know where they fit, and how to react to things.

Piffle. There are things you can not hug out of people. Self focused carelessness about the fate of their fellow human beings being #1.