turtlespeed

Corona virus stimulus bill - superfluous adds.

NOAA does NOT need a 32.2M for the corona virus.

I can see a use for the Obama Phones, but the program needs to be run more stringently.

Buying back your own stock should not be allowed.

We do NOT need, and should not allow language about audits and elections in the bill.

We do NOT need, and should not allow language about collective bargaining

What else should not be included that has nothing to do with the corona virus and the impact on the populace and economy?

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I can see a use for the Obama Phones, but the program needs to be run more stringently.

We do NOT need, and should not allow language about audits and elections in the bill.

What else should not be included that has nothing to do with the corona virus and the impact on the populace and economy?

It's going to contain pork.  You KNOW this, I know this.

All that's being debated is whose pigs it comes from.

(edited)

Handing an impeached, multiple bankrupt, barred from operating a CHARITY, can't get a bank loan in the country he is supposed to lead, IMPOTUS an open and entirely unregulated without oversight checkbook for at least $500 billion.

Loans for small businesses yet golden platters of bailout cash for major corporations who have repeatedly been spoon fed billions they tend to use for stock buy backs and bonuses.

Trying to spin unemployment as the source for monies to working people while forgetting how unemployment actually works.

Edited by normiss

45 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Bailouts for cruise ship lines.
A 500 billion slush fund.

For starters.

55 minutes ago, normiss said:

Handing an impeached, multiple bankrupt, barred from operating a CHARITY, can't get a bank loan in the country he is supposed to lead, IMPOTUS an open and entirely unregulated without oversight checkbook for at least $500 billion.

The same guy who recently went on a pardoning spree, commuting the sentence of such poor unfortunates as Blagojevich.

Wendy P.

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It needs to be detailed out - not put in petty cash.

I agree.  Unfortunately if Democrats (either side, really) ask for that detail, they are "obstructionists who want to block a lifesaving bill for petty politics."

2 hours ago, billvon said:

I agree.  Unfortunately if Democrats (either side, really) ask for that detail, they are "obstructionists who want to block a lifesaving bill for petty politics."

That sucks - but both sides need to stand up and demand the fat be trimmed.

Just now, SkyDekker said:

And they start sailing under US flag so they pay taxes in the US and have to abide by US labour laws.

Gee everyone has a hate on for cruise ships!!  Well on the face of it that makes sense.

But

" It was May 2013, and Mr. Cook, the chief executive of Apple, appeared before a United States Senate investigative subcommittee. After a lengthy inquiry, the committee found that the company had avoided tens of billions of dollars in taxes by shifting profits into Irish subsidiaries that the panel’s chairman called “ghost companies.”

Google still exploiting tax loopholes to shelter billions in overseas ad revenue

Apple, Google and Microsoft are hoarding $464 billion in cash   and most of it is stashed far away from the taxman.

Boeing Paid Tax Rate of 8.4% in Previous Decade, But Trump to Speak About Why It Needed His Corporate Tax Cut

Boeing and airlines shouldn't get bailouts either. They have all been using the majority of their free cash flow to buy back stock for the benefit of the executives with stock options and stock price based compensation. Turns out those companies have been mismanaged for the personal benefit of a select few.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Gee everyone has a hate on for cruise ships!!  Well on the face of it that makes sense.

But . . . .

. . . other people are bad, too?

IIRC you become irate when a Trump deception is downplayed by Trump supporters saying "but Hillary . . ."

(edited)
39 minutes ago, billvon said:

. . . other people are bad, too?

IIRC you become irate when a Trump deception is downplayed by Trump supporters saying "but Hillary . . ."

I believe that an oversight on a loan to them would be acceptable.

Meaning the cruise lines

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
31 minutes ago, normiss said:

Now you're getting all Nancy on us. Expecting some requirements for the golden platter.

You're all so very silly. Cruise lines are American based already. Note the peak in the last recession. Lubricant always reduces friction.

Total for Cruise ships & lines: $3,607,000
Total Number of Clients Reported: 10
Total Number of Lobbyists Reported: 33
Total Number of Revolvers: 27 (81.8%)

and just for laughs and giggles.

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

You're all so very silly. Cruise lines are American based already. Note the peak in the last recession. Lubricant always reduces friction.

Total for Cruise ships & lines: $3,607,000
Total Number of Clients Reported: 10
Total Number of Lobbyists Reported: 33
Total Number of Revolvers: 27 (81.8%)

and just for laughs and giggles.

American based, foreign registrations for labor and tax law avoidance.

Made quite clear from your post as to how that works for them.

6 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

And they start sailing under US flag so they pay taxes in the US and have to abide by US labour laws.

All, and I don't mean most, I mean all of the huge mega yachts I see every day are foreign flagged. BrentHutch and others listen to me: the super rich do not give two fucks about trickling down the wealth. It sounds nice but if it happens it's incidental. Think clearly on just one example, Bill Gates had $65 Billion when he promised to give it all away. He hasn't paid tax on anything he's given away best I can tell and now he has over $100 Billion. Had he declared all of his stock gains back then he'd have stood with $40 Billion. At the rate he's giving it away he'd be back to $65 Billion. Wealth is trickling up. 

Not a goddamn penny should go to any carrier that has not been US Flagged from day one. Not a goddamn penny should go to any US corporation with untaxed (in the US) overseas reserves. And for goddamn sure that douche Trump shouldn't be in charge of any bail out funds.