turtlespeed

Corona virus stimulus bill - superfluous adds.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

All, and I don't mean most, I mean all of the huge mega yachts I see every day are foreign flagged. BrentHutch and others listen to me: the super rich do not give two fucks about trickling down the wealth. It sounds nice but if it happens it's incidental. Think clearly on just one example, Bill Gates had $65 Billion when he promised to give it all away. He hasn't paid tax on anything he's given away best I can tell and now he has over $100 Billion. Had he declared all of his stock gains back then he'd have stood with $40 Billion. At the rate he's giving it away he'd be back to $65 Billion. Wealth is trickling up. 

Not a goddamn penny should go to any carrier that has not been US Flagged from day one. Not a goddamn penny should go to any US corporation with untaxed (in the US) overseas reserves. And for goddamn sure that douche Trump shouldn't be in charge of any bail out funds.

Completely agree. The wealth effect should properly be called trickle offshore. Chinese families move their families and money to Canada, Australia, UK etc. US families to dozens of tax sheltered jurisdictions. " the tax years from 2008 through 2010. They showed a $406-billion “tax gap” between what taxpayers owed Uncle Sam and what they actually paid. ...not including " “revenue loss due to offshore noncompliance.”

" a wealth tax, the authors stress, will only succeed if we also take on the challenge of stopping the super rich from shifting assets offshore to evade their U.S. tax liability.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for the Trump administration to take any serious step down that road. Veteran tax journalist David Cay Johnston has just broken the news that a promising IRS investigation into a massive tax dodge that benefited the only Koch family billionaire who backed Donald Trump’s presidential campaign shut down soon after Trump became president. "

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

6 trillion?  Get real

$23.5 trillion plus another $6T would bring the US debt/GDP to 134%(currently 107%) So ranking next to Italy and Yemen

Thats a little misleading because the additional $4T in FED fiscal stimulus and some of the proposed $2T plans spenidng are loans. At $2T it would increase debt/GDP to 117% Which would be between Belgium and Italy.

MAGA