1 1
airdvr

Shelter in place? That's for the little people.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:44 AM, wmw999 said:

We're actually being pretty careful here in liberal-land. I haven't seen any congregations of more than about 3 people, and those often are homeless. Bike paths are full, but of people in motion, not standing still and talking to each other. We've changed the procedures at the food pantry where I volunteer to keep people away from each other, and the clients are driving through to pick up bags, rather than coming in and choosing what they want.

Wendy P.

Bike paths and lots of homeless, sound like liberal-land.

(sorry Wendy, I couldn't help myself)

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Bike paths and lots of homeless, sound like liberal-land.

(sorry Wendy, I couldn't help myself)

You force your needy to come to the food bank? I assume you expect them to cook it, too. That would never float in  Stumptown, no sir, no way. In Portland we have 38 places where a free cooked meal can be had. The Homeless Peoples Union makes sure there is plenty and that it's nutritious. They are also rated so no one need need take their meals at a sub par free kitchen. We have standards in Oregon.

Many years ago in Houston, we were donating something to a Christmas present drive (we'd won a large bag of very cheap toys from the video store -- our son picked the one he wanted from it, and we donated the rest -- and he was even OK with it!).

So we get there, my son and me, with this big bag. And the sign outside says "needy people line up here." >.<

Wendy P.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  But I bet the same people will be outraged and offended when the Trump Pandemic is used in a similar way.

The best part about it, is that those that scream in outrage about the term “Chinese flu” will be perfectly happy to, and feel justification, parroting “trump pandemic “ 

funny, that. 

Edited by turtlespeed

14 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The best part about it, is that those that scream in outrage about the term “Chinese flu” will be perfectly happy to, and feel justification, parroting “trump pandemic “ 

funny, that. 

Idiotic, that.  Please cite some instances of anyone calling it a "Trump Pandemic".

But we do have:

“We have it under control.”
“This is their new hoax.”
“The country’s in great shape. The market’s in great shape.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.”
“I’d rate it a 10. I think we’ve done a great job.”

(edited)
2 hours ago, kallend said:

Idiotic, that.  Please cite some instances of anyone calling it a "Trump Pandemic".

But we do have:

“We have it under control.”
“This is their new hoax.”
“The country’s in great shape. The market’s in great shape.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.”
“I’d rate it a 10. I think we’ve done a great job.”

He's said a lot more stupid shit than that, Professor.

And there's a huge (I mean HYOOOOOOGE!!!) difference between blaming the person who's supposed to be our 'leader', yet says 'I am not responsible' and blaming an entire nation of 1.4 Billion people for a virus.

But don't expect the Trumpettes to see that. 
They need their false equivalence to keep from having to admit how incredibly inept he is.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

47 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

funny, that. 

"Chinese Flu" is race baiting. "Trump pandemic" is political posturing. Like "lock her up". If you can't see the difference I would say it's likely because you have pulled your head into your shell and are refusing to look. As usual.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

"Chinese Flu" is race baiting. "Trump pandemic" is political posturing. Like "lock her up". If you can't see the difference I would say it's likely because you have pulled your head into your shell and are refusing to look. As usual.

Take your bitching to Bill- he’s the one that came up with the comparison.  I just pointed out the hypocrisy. 

but thanks for confirming it.

Edited by turtlespeed

10 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I didn't disagree. So we were both right.

Good to know you two are the arbiters of right and wrong :rofl::rofl:

Makes the rest of my life easier, but you might get busy with all the questions... :halo:

Wendy P.