1 1
gowlerk

The Trump recession

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

The ventilators is a good point. W/O research I'd guess 1/2 may need a ventilator and critically ill ones for sure.

Ventilators don't actually work very well for people who's lungs are filled with fluid. A treatment called " extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for refractory hypoxemia " is often required. In other words, a machine to oxygenate the blood. Needless to say the capacity for this is very limited.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Well then, good news for me. The investment I made Monday AM when I saw a good buying opportunity is almost back to the price I paid. Quite a ride this week has been.

I'm up 19 points today.  ( might be a dead cat bounce)

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Well then, good news for me. The investment I made Monday AM when I saw a good buying opportunity is almost back to the price I paid. Quite a ride this week has been.

I told you to stay chill, mine today are up 5.8%. Outside of your inability to follow financial advice from someone who isn't qualified to offer financial advice we have a real damn question on the table here. Are you on the run from the law? Do you have 6 wives? Do you just get a nut swerving around Moose's at night? Inquiring minds want to know.

6 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I told you to stay chill, mine today are up 5.8%. Outside of your inability to follow financial advice from someone who isn't qualified to offer financial advice we have a real damn question on the table here. Are you on the run from the law? Do you have 6 wives? Do you just get a nut swerving around Moose's at night? Inquiring minds want to know.

No none of the boring stuff for me. I do exciting stuff like driving to Grand Forks to pick up a load of macaroni and bring it back to Winnipeg before I take the weekend off. Sometimes I see moose when I drive south of Dryden Ontario on my way to Green Bay Wisconsin. Running from the law doesn’t work very well when you have to show ID And answer questions about what country do you have visited lately to get across the border four or five times a week.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The media will find another topic . . . I don't think it will be three weeks - There is WAY to much meat on this bone for them to gnaw on.

PLUS - they know that the longer they keep it going, the more they hurt Trump.  This is like the biggest win win the media has had since the impeachment proceedings?

So the entire world is now a conspiracy against Trump? 
I have been slow to realise it, but I think you’re an avid Trump supporter, you just post enough breadcrumbs along the way to be able to in the future cover your arse.

This is a first in my lifetime, I’ve never seen entire countries locked down, global restrictions on mass gatherings and the list goes on. This is momentous and we are in territory that is possibly uncharted. 

That fucking idiot of a president you have tweeted a picture of him playing a fiddle with a caption of ‘I don’t know what this means but I like it’, jeez has he never heard the phrase about Nero fiddling while Rome burns? Part of the whole problem with this crisis is we have inept and stupid world leaders (Trump, Scott Morrison, Boris Johnson to name a few)

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

No none of the boring stuff for me. I do exciting stuff like driving to Grand Forks to pick up a load of macaroni and bring it back to Winnipeg before I take the weekend off. Sometimes I see moose when I drive south of Dryden Ontario on my way to Green Bay Wisconsin. Running from the law doesn’t work very well when you have to show ID And answer questions about what country do you have visited lately to get across the border four or five times a week.

No mention of your wives but that's understandable. My point, like you didn't get it, is that you are a sharp guy and an anomaly. Please make an effort to be one or the other.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

My second and current wife is a nurse and a skydiver. My ex wife is an ex skydiver and a retired nurse. I am a man of habit.

I knew a skydiver married to a nurse.  He met her in the hospital when they hauled him in with a broken leg from a botched landing.  Is that how you meet your wives?

Edited by ryoder

31 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I knew a skydiver married to a nurse.  He met her in the hospital when they hauled him in with a broken leg from a botched landing.  Is that how you meet your wives?

My first wife was the girl next door. She wanted to try skydiving so we both did. After that marriage fell apart I met my current wife at the DZ. I’ve not spent a night in a hospital since I was 10. But there was a cute nurse there that I sort of remember.

10 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

My first wife was the girl next door. She wanted to try skydiving so we both did. After that marriage fell apart I met my current wife at the DZ. I’ve not spent a night in a hospital since I was 10. But there was a cute nurse there that I sort of remember.

So ryoders point is intact: you have a system.

11 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The media will find another topic . . . I don't think it will be three weeks - There is WAY to much meat on this bone for them to gnaw on.

PLUS - they know that the longer they keep it going, the more they hurt Trump.  This is like the biggest win win the media has had since the impeachment proceedings?

Trumps travel ban lasts for four weeks. But sure, the reason for the media to spend more than three weeks talking about it would be to damage Trump, not because there's something actually happening.

Just like airdvr - lazy, lazy thinking.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Trumps travel ban lasts for four weeks. But sure, the reason for the media to spend more than three weeks talking about it would be to damage Trump, not because there's something actually happening.

Just like airdvr - lazy, lazy thinking.

It’s beyond lazy thinking. The Trump cult is strong, so strong it’s scary. 
He has managed to connect with weak and vulnerable people in a way that other politicians haven’t for a long time. He will manipulate and milk them for all they are worth and they will sing his praises along the way. Sort of like the pied piper I guess

(edited)
19 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Not going to get into a values argument with you.  When this covid-19 scare has crashed the world's economies and you've nothing to haul in your truck I hope you can eat your values.

Make up your mind. Is it a scare, a media event, or are people going to get sick and crash the economy? Go to Italy and ask a doctor if it's a media event. Open you freaking eyes. The economy is not going to crash. There will be a recession. This will be a setback, it is not an existential threat. And last of all, it is not a conspiracy against your beloved leader.

If I can't work I have savings to fall back on. That's not what I was planning on spending them on, but what the hell, saving for a rainy day is part of being a responsible adult. I'm more worried about how my wife who is a nurse is going to be affected. So yes, I approve of the media spreading the word and doing what it can to lower the impact.

Edited by gowlerk

On 3/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, gowlerk said:

I'm expecting a drop on Monday, but I've shown over the years a consistent record of under performing the market.

1 minute ago, headoverheels said:

I'm expecting a drop on Monday, but I've shown over the years a consistent record of under performing the market.

I know the feeling. I get the odd win, but that just makes me overconfident for a while till I error again. That's why I keep most of my savings in a hands off professionally managed fund and only play with a smaller portion.

• Like 2