1 1
JoeWeber

American Nero

5 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

The meme has meaning but that is not the message to the Patriots.

Back channel code

Posting messages to supporters on the open on the WWW is the opposite of a backchannel. It's as front channel as it is possible to get.

56 minutes ago, jakee said:

It compares Trump to a populist dictator who was widely viewed as an undiginified clown, who celebrated the burning of his capital

lol, the whole violin thing was Flavian propaganda used to distance themselves from Nero.  It was propaganda then, and it's propaganda now.

56 minutes ago, jakee said:

Let's see if the prediction comes true!

Sounds like wishful thinking to me - good luck with that.  Maybe he'll start killing hoards of Christians too.

34 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Still think Obama is responsible for the economy?

Of course not.  From a GOP perspective, the only reason the economy recovered under Obama was that they were expecting to elect Trump.  The recent Coronavirus market collapse, though?  THANKS OBAMA!

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

Still think Obama is responsible for the economy?

Until you can impress us with your entrepreneurial bone fides I think you should back off to observer status. Unless you've been in the trenches starting businesses, creating jobs and having your ass on the line through a few recessions and a few presidents then you are a nothing more than a voyeur. You can always say things like: "Still think Obama is responsible for the economy?" but you should always preface it with something self effacing.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

I have no need to impress you.  The only person I need to impress is my wife.

Cute. But you did state that  "you (sic) know nothing of how I earn my money" on an online forum. So man up and tell us or quit posting on economic issues.

I'm soooo tempted.  Let's just suffice it to say I live in a beautiful home on a golf course, drive a new truck, and keep a boat at a marina where I live on the weekends in the summer. I work for myself.  I thrive in an industry where 8 out of 10 don't make it 12 months. That didn't happen by accident.

If you think I know nothing about business you'd be mistaken.

25 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm soooo tempted.  Let's just suffice it to say I live in a beautiful home on a golf course, drive a new truck, and keep a boat at a marina where I live on the weekends in the summer. I work for myself.  I thrive in an industry where 8 out of 10 don't make it 12 months. That didn't happen by accident.

I'm happy for you. That's how it should be. But it doesn't mean you know jack about job creation or business creation from personal experience. Sooooo, be tempted.

51 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Sounds like it could be a pretty methed up business. Man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Commercial real estate and your wife is a travel agent, right?  What's the mystery?

Actually no.  The Real Estate part is right.  We have the travel agency strictly for the great travel deals we get.  My wife is an RN and is director of an ICFDD (Intermediate Care Facility Developmentally Disabled).

22 hours ago, Coreece said:

lol, the whole violin thing was Flavian propaganda used to distance themselves from Nero.  It was propaganda then, and it's propaganda now.

Sure - but that’s the propaganda they’re referencing. You’d have to ask them why.