2 2
normiss

WWIII???

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Not many folks up here discuss world affairs.

I must admit that I have concern for the safety and preservation of the Kurds. I have been aware of missionary support for the Kurds since the mid-1980s. 

It was reported that President Trump is leaving 1K troops in Syria. I assume they are SF and will continue to work with the Kurds.

You assume wrong. The SF troops that were working with the Kurds are the ones that got pulled. Leaving the Kurds to be massacred. Which has already begun.

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

And now some of the naysayers are considering the possibility. 

An amusing thought I have always held is that those who criticize me for talking about SHTF probably have an AAD on their rigs.

I don't think this would result in the 'standard' SHTF. This won't turn into mass civil unrest, chaos and anarchy. This won't be a 'prepper' fantasy scenario. This will be war in the Middle East, resulting in huge amounts of death and destruction. 
If Trump follows his usual playbook, he'll just let Putin take over the entire area. He's too much of a coward to actually stand up and fight (even if he sends others to die instead of himself). 

I have an AAD, I have disaster plans that include food & water to last a reasonable amount of time. 

But the widespread "SHTF" apocalyptic fantasy that you wish for is pretty unlikely. 

12 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Not many folks up here discuss world affairs.

I must admit that I have concern for the safety and preservation of the Kurds. I have been aware of missionary support for the Kurds since the mid-1980s. 

It was reported that President Trump is leaving 1K troops in Syria. I assume they are SF and will continue to work with the Kurds.

LMFAO - maybe you're listening to de debil again Ron.

He's pulling ALL troops from the area.

Part of the reason for the major concern on abandoning 50 B61 nukes in Turkey.

Dirty bombs from terrorists??? All but ensured now, unless the Turks hand them over to their true friend, Russia.

Just now, headoverheels said:

So now, the US is bombing their own munitions.  So much in a hurry to leave, they can't even take them with them.

Imagine how demoralizing that must be for the soldiers who put all the work into building that base and working with the Kurds.  "Hey buddy, good working with you, leaving you to die!"

On 10/15/2019 at 6:51 AM, DJL said:

Russia isn't interested in invading Turkey, they're interested in Turkey losing interest in NATO and becoming more accommodating to Russian.  Turkey is a NATO faction between them and their interests in the Middle East and the Med who just received Russia's missile defense system, there's no way they'd let Syria invade.

Foundations of Geopolitics, by Dugin, calls for Russia to use Kurds, Armenians and other Turkish minorities to create geopolitical shocks. If Turkey cannot be dismembered, they need to be encouraged to expand southward only.

The same book calls for the UK to be cut off from Europe.

The book further outlines how in the United States Russia should use its special services to fuel instability and separatism within the US. Russia should introduce geopolitical disorder in internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts. It would further make sense to simultaneously support isolationist tendencies in American politics.

The book calls for the Ukraine to be annexed by Russia.

Sound familiar?

Dugin wrote Foundations of Geopolitics in 1997 as a road map to bring power back to Russia and a road map to the world rule of Russians.

This book is part of the curriculum at the Russian Academy of the General Staff.

39 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Foundations of Geopolitics, by Dugin, calls for Russia to use Kurds, Armenians and other Turkish minorities to create geopolitical shocks. If Turkey cannot be dismembered, they need to be encouraged to expand southward only.

The book further outlines how in the United States Russia should use its special services to fuel instability and separatism within the US. Russia should introduce geopolitical disorder in internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts. It would further make sense to simultaneously support isolationist tendencies in American politics.

Sound familiar?

Dugin wrote Foundations of Geopolitics in 1997 as a road map to bring power back to Russia and a road map to the world rule of Russians.

This book is part of the curriculum at the Russian Academy of the General Staff.

Horrifying stuffski

43 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Sound familiar?

Our President is a Russian asset. Whether it's witting, unwitting, willing or unwilling he is doing Putins bidding. I wonder how many sleepers he's elevated to lifetime Judiciary seats. I wonder how many sleepers are now in high positions elsewhere in our government. I wonder if Melania was a honey trap or is possibly his handler. I wonder if it's too late to learn Russian. 

Just now, JoeWeber said:

Our President is a Russian asset. Whether it's witting, unwitting, willing or unwilling he is doing Putins bidding. I wonder how many sleepers he's elevated to lifetime Judiciary seats. I wonder how many sleepers are now in high positions elsewhere in our government. I wonder if Melania was a honey trap or is possibly his handler. I wonder if it's too late to learn Russian. 

Нам хана

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

15 hours ago, normiss said:

What about those of us that don't believe in fairy tales and non-existent beings?

LMFAO thanks,

Like Red lines, the Crimea,and a video tape seen in Libia.

Do you remember the Nuclear crisis with North Korea?

How about Trumps destruction of NATO?

How about  0's Califate? Terrorist Attacks?

How about We retaliate on Iran?,heck, We all agree..We dont need the Oil.

Aren't you tired of Regime Change wars?

Well, We Are.    Unfortunatly,this is the sort of mess thats left after such foolishness.

Do you think We should Intervene? Would that make you feel Safer?

25 minutes ago, richravizza said:

LMFAO thanks,

Like Red lines, the Crimea,and a video tape seen in Libia.

Do you remember the Nuclear crisis with North Korea?

How about Trumps destruction of NATO?

How about  0's Califate? Terrorist Attacks?

How about We retaliate on Iran?,heck, We all agree..We dont need the Oil.

Aren't you tired of Regime Change wars?

Well, We Are.    Unfortunatly,this is the sort of mess thats left after such foolishness.

Do you think We should Intervene? Would that make you feel Safer?

There's just so much to unpack here.

And I'm only referring to the disjointed grammar and spelling.  Goodness.

"I love the poorly educated!" - Donald John Trump, 2016

• Like 1

(edited)
On 10/14/2019 at 6:07 PM, normiss said:

I don't yet know how many insane POTUS threads we have, need, or understand how to even consider sorting them. So I started a new one.

Until this reckless disaster of a human landed in DC, I had never feared for our country and humanity.

I have always felt safe here. I no longer do.

The current administration is fully invested in destroying the great nation, while lining their selfish pockets.

My point is your Paranoid and should stop watching CNN.

I'm not going to waist my time unpacking it for you,

Calling me ignorant is a good way for you to stay in your psychosis.

How do you Feel about each statement?

Edited by richravizza

26 minutes ago, richravizza said:

My point is your Paranoid and should stop watching CNN.

I'm not going to waist my time unpacking it for you,

Calling me ignorant is a good way for you to stay in your psychosis.

How do you Feel about each, statement?

*you're

*waste

*F???

*comma for what???

* I totally missed the ignorant comment

• Like 1

(edited)
45 minutes ago, normiss said:

*you're

*waste

*F???

*comma for what???

* I totally missed the ignorant comment

LOL you can text but cant comprehend.Thanks for the corrections

I'm an old fart with sausage fingers and old eyes,I 'm not on social media and normally communicate in person,I dont have a social media account so actually I'm A RUSSIAN BOT 

I was asking for your Introspect about the above situations,But an insult will do.

How did you feel about the North Korea Crisis?

Should we intervene in Syria if so would it make you feel safer?

Edited by richravizza
syria

28 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Kim went riding up a sacred mountain on a white horse.  Kim was asked later whether it was a male or female horse, but he had not noticed.  Then he brightened up and said "oh, it was a male horse, and well endowed.  I heard several people say 'would you look at that schmuck on that horse.'  "

24 minutes ago, richravizza said:

LOL you can text but cant comprehend.Thanks for the corrections

I'm an old fart with sausage fingers and old eyes,I 'm not on social media and normally communicate in person,I dont have a social media account so actually I'm A RUSSIAN BOT 

I was asking for your Introspect about the above situations,But an insult will do.

Should we intervene in Syria if so would it make you feel safer?

North Korea has been a crisis since I've been alive.  The current regime presides over a humanitarian nightmare, they are posturing in a way that suggests they will try to start a world war, and instead of clamping down on them and treating them as the existential threat that they are to our allies (South Korea and Japan, namely), our Cheeto-in-Chief is giving Kim photo ops and telling the world how they "fell in love." Fucking gross.  And dangerous.  And it's gotten worse under Herr Drumpf because now we're just turning a blind eye to the missile tests, pretending that it's not happening; this gives cover to Kim to ramp up his efforts to further fortify his stranglehold on the region.

Yes, we need to intervene in Syria for myriad reasons.  Assad uses chemical weapons against his own people.  The Kurdish people were promised statehood by the United States, France, and Britain after the first World War under the Treaty of Sevres, which has still gone unfulfilled.  They lost over 11,000 of their people assisting the United States in the fight against ISIS, where the US only lost a little more than a dozen.  They have fought beside America for decades upon decades, in hopes that the United States would live up to their promises and Ferret-Hair pulls the plug and abandons them for SLAUGHTER to appease yet another authoritarian (Erdogan). 

When Russia annexed Crimea, President Obama lobbied to have Putin's Russia expelled from the G-8, and we backed the Ukraine's efforts to push back against pro-Russian infiltrators in their own government, much to the chagrin of folks like Manafort, Parnas, and Fruman.  Don't worry though: yet again the Orange One went and fucked it all up so his buddies could get rich off of the Russian Oligarchy trying to annex the rest of the Ukraine in a tit-for-tat that included funneling Russian money illegally into Donald's pockets.

The ultimate point here is that Donald tRump makes the world, and America, less safe and doesn't give a shit as long as his bank account gets bigger.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Bingo.  I didn't want to get too elaborate in my response but Russia would love a sympathetic neighbor on the Southern Shore of the Black Sea.  It makes their work so much easier without a NATO slatwart eyeballing their movements.

On 10/15/2019 at 4:59 PM, yobnoc said:

When I took my oath of enlistment, I chose to use the word "Affirm" rather than "swear" and omitted the "So help me god" at the conclusion of it.  My wife administered the oath, because she was active duty and we had planned to leave those parts out.  When we got to the end, there was a palpable tension in the room, and my XO was looking at me with feverish anticipation of what wasn't to come.  After a very pregnant pause, he quietly said "So help me god," as if I had simply forgotten.

The next time someone wants you to swear an oath, especially on the Bible, open it up to Matt 5 and read aloud verses 33-37:

"Again, you have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill your vows to the Lord.'  But I tell you not to swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is His footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor should you swear by your head, for you cannot make a single hair white or black. Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ Anything more comes from the evil one."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The next time someone wants you to swear an oath, especially on the Bible, open it up to Matt 5 and read aloud verses 33-37:

"Again, you have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill your vows to the Lord.'  But I tell you not to swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is His footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor should you swear by your head, for you cannot make a single hair white or black. Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ Anything more comes from the evil one."

Good deal. Sounds like we can keep that bit and throw the rest in the bin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Yeah, it's refreshing to see a Christian who actually reads their bible instead of cherry-picking it.  Reading the bible thoroughly is the most efficient method of losing faith, in my opinion.  Especially if you start researching how the book was cobbled together.  Pretty interesting stuff that you'll never learn in Wednesday evening bible studies.  Preachers tend to avoid the bad bits.

(edited)
1 hour ago, yobnoc said:

Yeah, it's refreshing to see a Christian who actually reads their bible instead of cherry-picking it.  Reading the bible thoroughly is the most efficient method of losing faith, in my opinion.  Especially if you start researching how the book was cobbled together.  Pretty interesting stuff that you'll never learn in Wednesday evening bible studies.  Preachers tend to avoid the bad bits.

Yup.  Read it twice and studied it thoroughly in bible studies, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Young Life, etc.  My conclusion is that it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.  There are great lessons on morality in there but it's better to take those lessons and live with them than to use that book as instructions for how to live your life.  Christ never lived and most of the text is Bronze Age storytelling.  It's no wonder that religion thrives with people who do not read its text.

Edit: That said, I do think religion is a good foundation for morality and culture.

Edited by DJL

(edited)
21 minutes ago, DJL said:

Yup.  Read it twice and studied it thoroughly in bible studies, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Young Life, etc.  My conclusion is that it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.  There are great lessons on morality in there but it's better to take those lessons and live with them than to use that book as instructions for how to live your life.  Christ never lived and most of the text is Bronze Age storytelling.  It's no wonder that religion thrives with people who do not read its text.

Edit: That said, I do think religion is a good foundation for morality and culture.

Show me one moral act that a religious person can do that an atheist cannot, and I will concede that you have a point.

Edit: Not trying to be combative

Edited by yobnoc
clarity

57 minutes ago, DJL said:

That said, I do think religion is a good foundation for morality and culture.

You think that fear of Hell is a good foundation for morality? I would argue that it is not. For if you are convinced you are going to be damned anyway you would have nothing to lose. And the world is full of people who know they are not good enough. And to get back to the topic of the thread, some of these people think that WWIII is a good thing because it would be part of the end times. Religion is a scam that developed along with government and organization. It's not necessary, but it does go hand in hand.