1 1
billvon

This is just funny

8 hours ago, Coreece said:

Atheists have been saying that for over 100 years.  First it was materialism that was going to save you guys from religion, then it was science and education and the separation of Church/State and the removal of religion from schools.  Then when that didn't work out, they took a more hands on approach and starting executing Church leaders and throwing people into gulags where they could "die a natural death."  But none of that worked out, and you guys have been banging your heads against the wall of separation ever since.

I doubt your predecessors would be impressed - they just seized Churches and turned them into public toilets. . .some were turned into atheist museums, tho I can't imagine there being much of a difference between the two.

Never?  He didn't say it in this thread, but he certainly said it in another. 

At least toilets contribute to humans. They also don't celebrate death. Just poop.

Wait. I just realized your perspective!

Toilets and religion are SHIT!

I didn't think you and I would ever agree on anything.

Life is full of surprises!!!

(edited)
22 hours ago, yobnoc said:

I don't know what group you are referring to when you say "you guys."

I suppose that if you're not familiar with the soviet bastardization of marxist principles and the role that atheism played in all of that, then I guess it would be difficult to recognize the rather chilling similarities between the anti-religious rhetoric of atheists today and that of atheist propaganda during soviet rule.

I do not read every thread. 

But that didn't stop you from calling me dishonest and saying that he NEVER said it, when you clearly didn't know that.

If it was said before, link it and I'll happily admit to the error.

The fact is that I was talking to Nigel - he knows he said it, and I know he said it.  Why do you need me to link it for you to admit your error?  Why can't you just admit that you didn't know what you were talking about?

On 9/27/2019 at 3:24 AM, nigel99 said:

I can’t wait for Christianity and Islam to die

The problem is that the longer this type of bigoted mindset festers, the less figurative it is likely to become.  

But good luck with that:

"despite predictions that religion will go the way of dinosaurs, the size of almost every major faith -- sorry, Buddhists -- will increase in the next 40 years, according to a study released Thursday by the Pew Research Center.

The biggest winners, Pew predicts, will be Islam and Christianity."

image.png.1b9dfeff874e0223ad8f6d0313531a41.png

https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/living/pew-study-religion/index.html

Edited by Coreece

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Oh please, If Trump died today you guys would be running around in a circle-jerk singing ding-dong the witch is dead, lol.

BTW, what are you doing for Halloween?

Rather presumptuous, and incorrectly of course. I don't celebrate the death of anyone, it typically causes me great pause.

Camping, hiking, dining out, waterfalling, brewerying, mountain driving, exploring rural towns and cities.

Also scheduling a few interviews during the trip.

You?

4 minutes ago, normiss said:

Worldwide decline of christianity - Wiki

Perhaps you didn't get the memo:

"despite predictions that religion will go the way of dinosaurs, the size of almost every major faith -- sorry, Buddhists -- will increase in the next 40 years, according to a study released Thursday by the Pew Research Center.

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I suppose that if you're not familiar with the soviet bastardization of marxist principles and the role that atheism played in all of that, then I guess it would be difficult to recognize the rather chilling similarities between the anti-religious rhetoric of atheists today and that of atheist propaganda during soviet rule.

But that didn't stop you from calling me dishonest and saying that he NEVER said it, when you clearly didn't know that.

The fact is that I was talking to Nigel - he knows he said it, and I know he said it.  Why do you need me to link it for you to admit your error?  Why can't you just admit that you didn't know what you were talking about and made a false claim?

The problem is that the longer this type of bigoted mindset festers, the less figurative it is likely to become.  

But good luck with that:

Nice 10-year-old projection. 

I unwittingly made a false claim.  Not a big deal. 

Never in history has someone performed an atrocity "In the Name of Atheism."  It's a nonsensical prospect.  Atheism is literally just the answer to one question: Do you believe in a god or gods? Yes=deist/theist, No=Atheist.  It has no other meaning tied to it.  There is no dogma to induce people to do bad things. 

Has anyone ever done anything evil in the name of religion?  You don't need to answer that.  It's not an even playing field, so I won't drag you through the mud on it.

7 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Oh please, If Trump died today you guys would be running around in a circle-jerk singing ding-dong the witch is dead, lol.

BTW, what are you doing for Halloween?

The last time someone’s death made me feel more or less that way was bin Laden’s. If Trump were to die today I would certainly not be sad about it. But I would not be celebrating. Especially since that would mean President Pence.

https://www.pewforum.org/2019/10/17/in-u-s-decline-of-christianity-continues-at-rapid-pace/

Since you prefer Pew as the source, here's a more updated perspective by them.

Also, this chart doesn't jibe with real numbers: it undercounts the world population by over 1B people in 2010.  Also: projected world population for 2050 is 9.7B. 

So even with your questionable data here: in 2010 Christians made up roughly 36.7% of the world population.  In 2050 that's projected to drop to 30.1% of the world population.  So...you just proved it's dying.  Congratulations.

13 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The last time someone’s death made me feel more or less that way was bin Laden’s. If Trump were to die today I would certainly not be sad about it. But I would not be celebrating. Especially since that would mean President Pence.

Not necessarily. That crowds not too sharp. Maybe we can backdoor Roger into the slot for a President Ponce. He's an excellent big way Captain so there is no reason he couldn't be an excellent President. 

8 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

Nice 10-year-old projection.

The study was conducted in 2015.  It's actually more recent than the Pew Research figure you referenced earlier. (snicker)

11 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

Never in history has someone performed an atrocity "In the Name of Atheism." 

Correct, militant atheists just committed atrocities in hope of stamping out the "drug" of religion, among other thing of course.

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

The study was conducted in 2015.  It's actually more recent than the Pew Research figure you referenced earlier. (snicker)

Correct, militant atheists just committed atrocities in hope of stamping out the "drug" of religion, among other thing of course.

Way to ignore that you actually proved that christianity is dying.  (snicker)

55 minutes ago, Coreece said:

then I guess it would be difficult to recognize the rather chilling similarities between the anti-religious rhetoric of atheists today and that of atheist propaganda during soviet rule.

Oh give over. Never have I heard someone so desperate to be the victim. You're not a poor oppressed majority, you run the whole damn country. What more do you want?

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Here is the figure for the US, from your same linked 2015 reference.   If you want to see growth in shear numbers of religious people, you have to go where the population is increasing the fastest (Africa, Mid East, ...)

PF_15.04.02_ProjectionsOverview_usReligComposition_310px.png

7 hours ago, jakee said:

Oh give over. Never have I heard someone so desperate to be the victim. You're not a poor oppressed majority, you run the whole damn country. What more do you want?

No need for all that again.  I'm merely pointing out how much of the anti-religious shit spewed by atheists today isn't that much different than shit spewed by bigoted dickheads 100 years ago.   

You guys need new material.

4 hours ago, Coreece said:

No need for all that again.  

Pretty much exactly what everyone else thinks about the hyperbolic hysteria of your posts, I’d say. 

Equating people who happen to be atheists with the political dogma of Stalinism? Come on man, give it a rest. No need for that kind of blatant trolling.

4 hours ago, Coreece said:

No need for all that again.  I'm merely pointing out how much of the anti-religious shit spewed by atheists today isn't that much different than shit spewed by bigoted dickheads 100 years ago.   

It is extremely difficult for them to accept and embrace new material. Dr David R Hawkins discusses and explains this deficiency as merely understanding levels of consciousness. I have read two of his books, Power vs Force and Transcending Levels of Consciousness. As a counselor I found them to be validating, fascinating, and edifying. 

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do." ~Jesus

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

It is extremely difficult for them to accept and embrace new material.

Says the person who believes a 2,000 year old text is the absolute final truth. 

How deficient does that make you?xD

7 hours ago, Coreece said:

You folks, and your text, are simply unbelievable. It's as if you wander through life with one hand covering an eye, constantly bumping into reality, unable to perceive the true depth of things, and not allowed to even take a peek because there lay's the work of Satan and perdition will surely be your end.

And you think it's we who need new material. Wow.

• Like 1