nigel99

Should China call Trumps bluff?

27 minutes ago, richravizza said:

When did Trump put on Blackface, my Northern Frenemy?

27 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Trudeau and his brilliant  beta socks emulate a sense of leadership that sends a warm  tingle up my leg, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not sure what to make of your free form prose. Or how you can think the the dotards past leverage of power and a little cash to buy rewards somehow can erase his long and well known history of overt racism and the use of other people's racism to curry political favour.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

And I would point out to you that Trudeau's cabinet reflects at least some of the ethnic and much of the gender diversity of Canada. Racist is as racist does. Policy is what matters in politics. Trump's policy is to do as much as he can to limit immigration to the US to a lily white as possible and to deny as many refugee claims as possible while Canada is expanding ours.

Money talks and bullshit walks.

21 hours ago, richravizza said:

When did Trump put on Blackface, my Northern Frenemy?  How's does this list fit your narrative?

Pretty well. He's massively racist against muslims, so the fact that he supports Israeli Jewish charities is pretty consistent. Others like the Ellis award, Unicorn award and Lois Pope award have nothing to do with helping minorities, and the Freedom Foundation award maybe tangentially connected to it.

But you probably never bothered to even read the entries, let alone check into any of them, did you? You just saw the list and ran with it, because that's all it takes to convince right wing groupthinkers these days. Well, here's another one that actually addresses the subject. Try it on for size.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/12/racism-and-donald-trump-a-common-thread-throughout-his-career-and-life

I am not going to defend this pricks moral character of the past. My past, his past, your past,Americas past is distasteful, if we are honest in reflection. This comes only with the luxury of hindsight.

We knew this before the election most of it is really old news.

Some of us wanted his chaos, the wrecking ball, a bull in the CHINA shop. A Complete prick,He is the man we elected, not because of his morals but in spite of them.Call me apologist if you want.

Repeat after me, "once a racist aways a racist "again,while chasing your own tail.Throw in seven "words" and hearsay, from someone with chip on their shoulder.

What do you got, a good ole' Democratic BBQ..Justice Brett Kavanaugh anyone?

Lily white race bait, not for me. Merkels European experiment was example enough,12- 20 million illegals US Aliens, we're done.When generosity is abused its lost.This is the kick in the ass you get we don't listen to citizens for decades, it's not uniquely American. France Italy Germany England all lilly white racist we must assume.

33 minutes ago, richravizza said:

I am not going to defend this pricks moral character of the past. My past, his past, your past,Americas past is distasteful, if we are honest in reflection. This comes only with the luxury of hindsight.

We knew this before the election most of it is really old news.

Some of us wanted his chaos, the wrecking ball, a bull in the CHINA shop. A Complete prick,He is the man we elected, not because of his morals but in spite of them.Call me apologist if you want.

Repeat after me, "once a racist aways a racist "again,while chasing your own tail.Throw in seven "words" and hearsay, from someone with chip on their shoulder.

What do you got, a good ole' Democratic BBQ..Justice Brett Kavanaugh anyone?

Lily white race bait, not for me. Merkels European experiment was example enough,12- 20 million illegals US Aliens, we're done.When generosity is abused its lost.This is the kick in the ass you get we don't listen to citizens for decades, it's not uniquely American. France Italy Germany England all lilly white racist we must assume.

It's quite clear that you (and many others) are fearful of the demographic change in your country. And that the feeling is strong enough that you will support even Trump if he can give you a vain hope the tide of history can be stopped. Is that racist? Well ask yourself if you would have the same feelings if the influx of new arrivals were European. Then you decide.

6 hours ago, richravizza said:

What do you mean you're not going to? You just fucking did.

On 12/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, richravizza said:

I am not going to defend this pricks moral character of the past. My past, his past, your past,Americas past is distasteful, if we are honest in reflection.

Ah yes, "whataboutism."  Can be used to defend everything from Trump to theft to rape.  After all, someone else did those things once and got away with it, so . . . .

On 12/26/2019 at 6:23 PM, gowlerk said:

And I would point out to you that Trudeau's cabinet reflects at least some of the ethnic and much of the gender diversity of Canada.

You got what you wanted, preference and discrimination based on what's between your legs.Bravo.So much for meritocracy.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:23 PM, gowlerk said:

'm not sure what to make of your free form prose. Or how you can think the the dotards past leverage of power and a little cash to buy rewards somehow can erase his long and well known history of overt racism and the use of other people's racism to curry political favour.

I figure, if this thread morphed into  "ridicule the leader" it was open game. It was simple humor, definitely lost here.That's how free speech works.

On 12/28/2019 at 7:13 PM, gowlerk said:

It's quite clear that you (and many others) are fearful of the demographic change in your country. 

Nope. This is one of the many false narratives.I find it quite disgusting to cast anyone, in that light.Those who create that narrative know exactly to whom they cater.

On 12/28/2019 at 7:13 PM, gowlerk said:

It's quite clear that you (and many others) are fearful of the demographic change in your country. And that the feeling is strong enough that you will support even Trump if he can give you a vain hope the tide of history can be stopped. Is that racist? Well ask yourself if you would have the same feelings if the influx of new arrivals were European. Then you decide.

US Immigration is the most generous in the world.If you want more up north, go for it.Can you image if the 12-20 million Illegal aliens were all Russians?

Personally I could care less about race.As Americans We open our doors when we need more citizens, close them when we don't, regardless, it should be merit based.

Our labor Unions in California have been decimated, illegal immigration, under the table workers, unlicenced contractors and laborers.Trade schools don't exist in public education despite their need.

I really don't want to get into our public education system.In two pages we went from racism to immigration,Religion anyone? Just joking.

Back to the thread this might help some here to understand Trumps strategy without all the emotion attached.Try to remain objective and say Trudeaus name instead of Trumps. These are some of the reasons he's Prez.

All of America remembered these events, we witness most of it, in real time.We saw the country and economy go into a death spiral, as did his business.We remember.

"Never give up"

As for his Leadership skills this might help you understand what Americans were looking for in  candidate.

Lesson #5 is interesting, learn form your mistakes.

Edited by richravizza

The advantage of diversity is not the rainbow, it’s the questioning of assumptions that a good leader welcomes. People with widely divergent backgrounds are more likely to have different backgrounds, and therefore make different assumptions. 

A “strong” leader sees his (or her) vision of both the goal and path as the goal; it confirms their “strength.” However, that singular goal may not, in fact, be a particularly valuable one in any greater context. Consider the Edsel; all the long-entrenched successful execs thought it was great. 

A better body of advisers can identify things that a leader might not even be aware of. And now it’s not necessarily OK to ignore them simply because they pertain mainly to women or former minorities. 

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 5:55 AM, wmw999 said:

The advantage of diversity is not the rainbow, it’s the questioning of assumptions that a good leader welcomes. People with widely divergent backgrounds are more likely to have different backgrounds, and therefore make different assumptions. 

Welcome to America, why do you doubt her so.Trumps diversity, not a politician or an entrenched partisain politician of either side.

A “strong” leader sees his (or her) vision of both the goal and path as the goal; it confirms their “strength.”

You described the thirty year Trump vision as it applies to this thread.

Consider the Edsel; all the long-entrenched successful execs thought it was great. 

Considering the majority of America thinks Washington has been broken for decades and a complete swampland. Your Edsel example is very appropriate. 

6 hours ago, richravizza said:

Welcome to America, why do you doubt her so.Trumps diversity, not a politician or an entrenched partisain politician of either side.

You described the thirty year Trump vision as it applies to this thread.

Considering the majority of America thinks Washington has been broken for decades and a complete swampland. Your Edsel example is very appropriate. 

Trump's vision is to screw everyone involved, not pay them or keep agreements, then screw everyone while pocketing as much money as possible.

Diversity my ass.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:17 AM, normiss said:

Trump's vision is to screw everyone involved, not pay them or keep agreements, then screw everyone while pocketing as much money as possible.

Diversity my ass.

That's a pretty lare assumption.

Can you cite where that was said, or confirmed?

I'm willing to get behind this argument with you, if you can prove it to me.