3 3
brenthutch

Green new deal equals magical thinking

18 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It is typical global warming hysteria; the headline,  (you know, the one that gets parroted on every newspaper, NPR broadcast and network TV) says, "Mosquito Habitat: Current and Projected.  You have to read, as Paul Harvey would say, "The Rest of the Story" to find out that it is all a bunch of hyped up click bait BS.  BTW congratulations on your new Grand Poo Bah of climate change hysterics, the sixteen year old Greta Thornburg. 

How would you know? All you have shown is an inability to decipher a "cute little map" and an inability to read a legend on a "cute little map". Considering you were unable to grasp a "cute little map" how exactly are we supposed to take you serious on anything more complex, like say a cute big map?

Lastly, since you also have shown an inability to own a mistake on something as obvious as what you did with the "cute little map", it is clear you will do anything and say anything in stead of admitting you were wrong. Which shows that all your posts are inherently biased and that you will twist in any direction.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:30 PM, SkyDekker said:

How would you know? All you have shown is an inability to decipher a "cute little map" and an inability to read a legend on a "cute little map". Considering you were unable to grasp a "cute little map" how exactly are we supposed to take you serious on anything more complex, like say a cute big map?

Lastly, since you also have shown an inability to own a mistake on something as obvious as what you did with the "cute little map", it is clear you will do anything and say anything in stead of admitting you were wrong. Which shows that all your posts are inherently biased and that you will twist in any direction.

The arc of the man-made global warming debate is long, but it bends towards me being right.  Time is, and always has, been on my side.

Polar bears? Still here. Peak oil? Nowhere in sight.  Ice free artic? Nope. Planet ravaged by hurricanes, wildfires, droughts, and floods?  Sorry try again. 

Edited by brenthutch

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The arc of the man-made global warming debate is long, but it bends towards me being right.  Time is, and always has, been on my side.

Polar bears? Still here. Peak oil? Nowhere in sight.  Ice free artic? Nope. Planet ravaged by hurricanes, wildfires, droughts, and floods?  Sorry try again. 

And your inability to own a mistake is thereby confirmed, garnished with a touch of arrogance and some red herring. 

14 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You figure if you wait long enough, global warming will really end in 1998?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/green-new-deal-preview-texas-town-environmentalism-chuck-devore

“Trouble started when politicians’ promise of cheaper renewable energy was mugged by reality.”

www.foxnews.com  Ha!  You should tell them to come by my place and tell me how expensive my energy is.

20 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/green-new-deal-preview-texas-town-environmentalism-chuck-devore

“Trouble started when politicians’ promise of cheaper renewable energy was mugged by reality.”

It sounds like the cost effectiveness of "Green" energy bit them in the ass.  They spent a bunch of money building a system so that they could lock in a fixed rate and sell the rest to the grid but because of the statewide move to renewables the buyback value has decreased and they're stuck paying off the capital investment.  They're paying $13 more per household not for the cost of their electricity but because they made probably the worst deal you possibly could to maintain a fixed rate AND be on the hook for the construction bill.  In the meantime the rest of the state is enjoying rates below the national average.

You'd think a Republican led city in Texas would learn a lesson from Venezuela and not let the government have such control over their energy source.  They're putting a $63 million proposal to buy themselves out of the contract and it'll be their taxpayers footing that bill too.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:11 AM, DJL said:

You'd think a Republican led city in Texas would learn a lesson from Venezuela and not let the government have such control over their energy source.  

So you agree with me that the government should not have such control over our energy sources.

18 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

So you agree with me that the government should not have such control over our energy sources.

Nope.  We have public, not private, utilities here.  That's what America is all about.

The lesson here is that a government should make better decisions than buying into 20 year fixed price contracts for power.  No matter what the source.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Nope.  We have public, not private, utilities here.  That's what America is all about.

The lesson here is that a government should make better decisions than buying into 20 year fixed price contracts for power.  No matter what the source.

You would think those articles praising him for getting it done might have pointed that out.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

You would think those articles praising him for getting it done might have pointed that out.

I agree. Everyone got ahead of themselves in the overjoy towards a "Green" thing happening and all the magical thinking involved.  Fortunately the remainder of public funding for renewables doesn't work like that.

Another bigger-than-normal hurricane. Just not the largest ever. Death toll expected to rise significantly above the confirmed 30. 

But it didn’t impact the shore vacation, and those people live in another country. So it’s business as usual  

Wendy P. 

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Another bigger-than-normal hurricane. Just not the largest ever. Death toll expected to rise significantly above the confirmed 30. 

But it didn’t impact the shore vacation, and those people live in another country. So it’s business as usual  

Wendy P. 

If only we had a carbon tax after the Civil War we could have prevented this, bigger than normal hurricane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane

Edited by brenthutch

Just trying to show that destructive and deadly weather events predate AGW.  The notion that we can control the weather is nothing short of delusional.  It reminds me of the flood myth motif.

A vengeful and angry god (in this case Gaia) punishes humanity for the wicked excesses of the Western world.  The only solution is to sacrifice our wealth at the alter of the United Nations.

25 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just trying to show that destructive and deadly weather events predate AGW. 

Of course.  And skin cancer predated the use of CFC's.  Does that mean that the work we did to preserve (and restore) the ozone layer was foolish?

The notion that we can control the weather is nothing short of delusional. 

We cannot control the weather.  We can, through our emissions, make it warmer overall - and that will AFFECT the weather.

Your claim is like saying "the thought that you can live forever is delusional.  So why quit smoking?"

A vengeful and angry god (in this case Gaia) punishes humanity for the wicked excesses of the Western world.  The only solution is to sacrifice our wealth at the alter of the United Nations.

That's your religion, not mine.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Did you just "I know you are but what am I" me?

If you want to think of it that way, be my guest.  No one else here holds that position, so either you just made it up to have a strawman or you honestly believe that and have some sort of religious objection.   I don't really care either way.

23 minutes ago, billvon said:

If you want to think of it that way, be my guest.  No one else here holds that position, so either you just made it up to have a strawman or you honestly believe that and have some sort of religious objection.   I don't really care either way.

Go watch the Global Climate Action Summit and tell me if no one on your side holds that position.   Pay particular attention to Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, and Dave Matthews, all thought leaders in the alarmist community.

Edited by brenthutch

When hurricanes Harvey and Irma both hit mainland US in quick succession in 2017, critics claimed this was the “new normal.”

In fact, those two storms, along with Michael in 2018, were the only three major hurricanes greater than a Category 3 to hit the continental US in the last 13 years. That’s a record low since 1900. For comparison, the average over the same timeframe has been nearly eight major hurricanes.

It’s vital to consider the science. In its most recent assessment, the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reported that “no robust trends in annual numbers of tropical storms, hurricanes and major hurricanes … have been identified over the past 100 years in the North Atlantic basin.”

Globally, the international scientific body finds “no significant observed trends in global tropical cyclone frequency.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/05/what-aoc-co-get-horribly-wrong-about-dorian-and-climate-change/

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Go watch the Global Climate Action Summit and tell me if no one on your side holds that position.   Pay particular attention to Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, and Dave Matthews, all thought leaders in the alarmist community.

Are you talking about the actors and the singer?   Are you seriously trying conflate the lines they speak with a real position?  That's pretty silly.  I mean, Trump says that climate change is just a Chinese conspiracy.  Is that really what "your side" believes?