2 2
Phil1111

Michael Cohen Testifies

So next week Mr. Cohen comes to testify about fraud, corruption and racketeering. Ordinary a lawyer can't give up the concept of privilege. Without facing substantial penalty from their clients and the Bar itself. Privilege dosn't exist under the law where the parties act for criminal purpose.

trump, conveniently will be out of the country, visiting with a close friend.

There's a ‘big red line’ for Trump in Cohen's testimony

Omarosa, "Manigault Newman told MSNBC host Alex Witt that she would be interested in "how much [Cohen] shares about the role of Trump’s children in a lot of these deals, including senier advisor Ivanka Trump, Jared, her husband, and the children, Don and Eric Trump."

“There is no question that that big red line for Donald Trump is his children, particularly Ivanka, and once Michael Cohen starts sharing details that may actually implicate them, you will see him truly become unhinged,” she said of the president...

"Donald relied on him to carry out so many different tasks, and I think on Wednesday what you’ll see is a man who wants to share the inner workings of the Trump crime family."

WTF,Omarosa stole my tagline, more unhinged than what he is now? Popcorn at the ready.

Edited by Phil1111

Trump and his supporters are getting very, very worried about what Cohen will say tomorrow.  Matt Gaetz, one of Trump's strongest supporters, just tweeted this:

"Hey @MichaelCohen212 - Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot..."

Nothing like a little witness tampering to get Cohen's testimony off to a good start.   "Hey, I'd really just HATE to tell your wife about your girlfriends.  I guess we'll see what you say in your testimony, eh?  Nobody likes a rat."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Trump and his supporters are getting very, very worried about what Cohen will say tomorrow.  Matt Gaetz, one of Trump's strongest supporters, just tweeted this:

"Hey @MichaelCohen212 - Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot..."

Nothing like a little witness tampering to get Cohen's testimony off to a good start.   "Hey, I'd really just HATE to tell your wife about your girlfriends.  I guess we'll see what you say in your testimony, eh?  Nobody likes a rat."

When the suggestions are made that the US is a banana republic this is why. Gaetz is 36 and these comments are what you'd expect from a lieutenant in the Gambino crime family.

Its similar to what trump has said before about testimony against him. It suggests that Gaetz and trump are both fools with more mouth than brains.

"A Michael Cohen Preview: How To Evaluate a Known Liar’s Testimony" - National Review

"Michael Cohen's testimony can't be taken seriously because he's always been a sad joke" - Washington Examiner

If he's a known liar and has always been a sad joke, why did Trump employ him for so many years?

• Like 1

On the other hand:

“I have no concern that Michael Cohen is going to do anything but tell the truth,”  Rudy Giuliani, July 2018

“I always liked Michael Cohen… No, he’s not my lawyer anymore. But I always liked Michael, and he’s a good person.”; Trump, June 15, 2018

And lest Trump tries again to disown Cohen, from Whitehouse.gov March 28, 2018:

Q    Sarah, the attorney for Stormy Daniels filed a motion to depose the President of the United States.  Do you have a response from the White House — a reaction to that deposition?

MS. SANDERS:  Nope.  We have addressed this, once again, extensively.  And we have nothing new to add.  And for any new questions, I would refer you to the President’s personal counsel.

Q    If subpoenaed, would the President sit for a deposition?

MS. SANDERS:  Again, I’m not going to get into a hypothetical question, and I would refer you to Michael Cohen on that matter.

4 hours ago, Stumpy said:

HOLY SHIT. I just read the opening statement. This is going to be goooood

Opening statement

I had a good feeling I'd be entertained by it, so I turned on FOX and Friends just to see how they were dealing with it.

Within the first 30 minutes or so:

Kellyanne Conway:

"The opposition party is flailing and failing because they can't beat this president on the issues. He (Cohen) is not going to be able to take down the president with him. . .but respectfully, it's beside the point.  How is this relevant?  How is this relevant to what the president is trying to do in North Korea?"

Fox and Friends Cast:

Cast Memeber 1:  It's amazing that another network has a countdown not to the KJU dinner and negotiations with world peace at stake, but to Michael Cohen's testimony." (shaking head) 

Cast Member 2:   Do people care about his suspicions?  This is a convicted liar.  Do they care about his suspicions or proof? 

Cast Member 3:   Excellent questions, so stay tuned for that, you'll see it live at 10am EST!

2 hours ago, kallend said:

On the other hand:

“I have no concern that Michael Cohen is going to do anything but tell the truth,”  Rudy Giuliani, July 2018

“I always liked Michael Cohen… No, he’s not my lawyer anymore. But I always liked Michael, and he’s a good person.”; Trump, June 15, 2018

And lest Trump tries again to disown Cohen, from Whitehouse.gov March 28, 2018:

Q    Sarah, the attorney for Stormy Daniels filed a motion to depose the President of the United States.  Do you have a response from the White House — a reaction to that deposition?

MS. SANDERS:  Nope.  We have addressed this, once again, extensively.  And we have nothing new to add.  And for any new questions, I would refer you to the President’s personal counsel.

Q    If subpoenaed, would the President sit for a deposition?

MS. SANDERS:  Again, I’m not going to get into a hypothetical question, and I would refer you to Michael Cohen on that matter.

Cohen lied FOR Trump. When they ask “why didn’t the Dems bring an honest witness to testify?” the answer is Trump didn’t surround himself with honest people.

• Like 2

I only caught the opening but it did jump out that he asked explicitly for 'protection for my family from presidential threats'... 

No one in a first world country should have to be worried about their leader directly targeting an individual for personal recrimination after testifying. The office of the president should be above shit like this.

Edited by yoink

38 minutes ago, yoink said:

I only caught the opening but it did jump out that he asked explicitly for 'protection for my family from presidential threats'... 

No one in a first world country should have to be worried about their leader directly targeting an individual for personal recrimination after testifying. The office of the president should be above shit like this.

Yes, it should. 

But we have Trump. He already has targeted people he doesn't like. He has done a zillion things that the office of the President 'should be' above. 

I would think at least some of those should be impeachable offenses. 

But the Trumpettes simply don't care.
And the R party is totally spineless in the face of those idiots.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Rep. Paul Gosar (Trump supporter) actually just used the term "liar, liar pants on fire."

This is the level that our government has descended to.

Well, did anyone say back to him, "I know you are but what am I?"

26 minutes ago, billvon said:

Rep. Paul Gosar (Trump supporter) actually just used the term "liar, liar pants on fire."

This is the level that our government has descended to.

Cohen:

"I'm responsible for your (Congress's) silliness because I did the same thing that you're doing now for 10 years. I protected Mr. Trump for 10 years,"

• Like 1

Is it just me who wishes Cohen would respond to the continual 'this is just for the purpose of creating a political circus' comments with "Senator, with the greatest respect I'm telling the truth. If this is a circus then you're creating it."?

Edited by yoink
  • Like 1

and I'm really pissed off with all the pre-prepared statements by the panel...

What's the point of you being there if you're just going to make a blanket denunciation regardless of anything that is being said in the moment, you fucking arsemonkeys?  

This whole thing is a bit of a farce.

Edited by yoink
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yoink said:

What's the point of you being there if you're just going to make a blanket denunciation regardless of anything that is being said in the moment, you fucking arsemonkeys?  

The point of them being there is so they can make a blanket denunciation regardless of anything that is being said.

Most of the republicans on that panel went in with an agenda - protect the president at all costs.  That's why they are there.  (Which, ironically, is why Cohen is going to jail.)

• Like 1

I'm not sure what Cohen is bringing to the table in this testimony.

Whether Trump knew about the wiki dump again of time: Not relevant even if Trump said in a press conference that he didn't know.

Whether Trump told Cohen to lie.

Whether Trump told Stone to lie.

Whether Trump knew about email hack.

What else?  I've only been watching it off and on.

Edited by DJL

4 minutes ago, DJL said:

Whether Trump knew about the wiki dump again of time: Not relevant even if Trump said in a press conference that he didn't know.

I agree with you. been watching on and off, but appears to be mostly useless.

In the meantime, President Trump is standing on the International Stage proclaiming a brutal dictator a "great leader".

Can't help but watch this charade and see it is a kangaroo court in a banana republic.

Edited by SkyDekker

1 hour ago, DJL said:

To you and most of the posters on this thread?  Not much.  His only real new contributions are the documents he turned over; they provide some additional hard proof of his allegations.

To Democrats?  A chance to tut-tut about how bad Trump is.

To Republicans?  A soapbox with which to attack Cohen and curry favor with Trump.

To the people watching?  A lot of people don't know who Cohen is.  Even one of the Trump supporters on the panel said that before Cohen was arrested, he had never heard of him.  And most Americans are less informed than him.  So they may learn something.

2 hours ago, DJL said:

I didn't care to watch. I knew it was gonna be a Democratic shit show.

What did Cohen say about Wikileaks releasing Hillary's emails? Assange tweeted about it in June 2016, yet Roger Stone's discussion with Trump on that was apparently in July, after the fact. Doesn't add up for the Democrats.

Talking about collusion, Cohen said he worked with Elijah Cummings and Adam Schiff to prepare for his testimony. Sounds a lot like Hillary getting debate questions ahead of time during the lead up to the election.

Hell, even CNN is calling Cohen a liar. 9_9

Meanwhile, Trump is in Vietnam working with North Korea on the nuclear issues, as well as getting Vietnam to order $15 billion in Boeing aircraft orders. WINNING!

The Democrats are desperate. They'll do anything to get Trump out of the White House. :D

Collusion? My ass. It's all on the Democrats.