2 2
Phil1111

Michael Cohen Testifies

(edited)
27 minutes ago, billvon said:
36 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Let's look at it another way.  Let's say that Patton was actually called to be character witness for Trump and testify as to why she doesn't think Trump is racist.  Would that be a racist act?

I'd say no.  Because you are asking Patton for her words and opinions on the topic, not just having her stand there as a model.

I agree that would've been more effective, but it seems they were improvising to mimic that effect.  As I've already mentioned, they weren't given sufficient time to prepare.  It's not like Meadows could just yield his 5 minutes to Patton, and it would've been even worse if he talked about her without her presence to give a nod of approval.

27 minutes ago, billvon said:

1) A law firm seems to refuse to hire women.  They claim that they are NOT SEXIST at all.  To prove it, they hire models to stand on stage at a company event, with instructions to pose but not talk.

2) A law firm seems to refuse to hire women.  They claim that they are NOT SEXIST at all.  To prove it, they bring their two female partners to the next meeting to negotiate on behalf of their client.

Which one is making a better case?

Obviously #2, but I still don't see how #1 is sexist, especially if the rules say that they can't allow the women to talk unless they do X, Y and Z.

Edited by Coreece

On 2/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, billvon said:

Looks like Trump got frustrated and walked out of the meeting with North Korea.

Are you sick of all the winning yet?

No. Trump walked out because Kim didn't see eye to eye with him on the issues. They made some progress but I knew this wasn't going to get resolved in one or two meetings.

Look, I know Kim is a murderous scumbag and I don't trust him, but he and his government haven't done any saber-rattling in a long time. It's been over a year since the last missile test over Japan. The public insults seem to have stopped as well. I'd say that's a step in the right direction. Whatever we had been doing for the last 60+ years dealing with those guys just haven't worked. Can't blame Trump for trying something different.

11 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

No. Trump walked out because Kim didn't see eye to eye with him on the issues. They made some progress but I knew this wasn't going to get resolved in one or two meetings.

Look, I know Kim is a murderous scumbag and I don't trust him, but he and his government haven't done any saber-rattling in a long time. It's been over a year since the last missile test over Japan. The public insults seem to have stopped as well. I'd say that's a step in the right direction. Whatever we had been doing for the last 60+ years dealing with those guys just haven't worked. Can't blame Trump for trying something different.

North Korea accuses US of 'gangster-like' behaviour after Pompeo talks from Jul 7, 2018

North Korea Appears to Be Expanding Nuclear Missile Program       from Nov 12, 2018

Trump: Playing war games with South Korea is ‘fun’ but too expensive

Canceled US 'war game' with South Korea would have cost $14 million

Here's Why Ending 'War Games' With South Korea Would Be a Grave Mistake    Admiral Stavridis (Ret.) was the 16th Supreme Allied Commander at NATO

They haven't been sabre rattling because their nuclear weapon production lines and missile programs are going all out. You don't kick a cow while you're milking it.

1 hour ago, BillyVance said:

They made some progress 

What progress specifically?

Look, I know Kim is a murderous scumbag and I don't trust him,

So do you support Trump saying he isn't a murderous scumbag, he didn't have anything to do with murdering a US citizen who was murdered by NK, and that he is loved by the North Korean subjects of his murderous regime?

The public insults seem to have stopped as well. I'd say that's a step in the right direction.

You mean the public insults that started with Trump and his 'rocket man' jibes?

2 hours ago, BillyVance said:

No. Trump walked out because Kim didn't see eye to eye with him on the issues.

Trump walked out because he couldn't get his way, and he doesn't know any other way to negotiate.

He and his government haven't done any saber-rattling in a long time. It's been over a year since the last missile test over Japan. The public insults seem to have stopped as well.

Agreed.

The public insults have stopped because Kim is getting EXACTLY what he wants - legitimacy and status.  And in return we get a hearty "fuck you" from North Korea.  (And South Korea gets joint exercises with the US cancelled so we don't upset the little guy.)

If Kim Jong Un gets all the nuclear weapons he wants, and our allies are blocked from doing exercises in the area, will you consider that "working?"  

I'd say that's a step in the right direction. Whatever we had been doing for the last 60+ years dealing with those guys just haven't worked. Can't blame Trump for trying something different.

If, during Obama's presidency, he started visiting Osama bin Laden as a recognized world leader, paying him respect, and regularly complimenting him, and bin Laden ratcheted down the rhetoric as a result - would you consider that a "step in the right direction?"  Would that have been preferable to killing him, in your mind?

(edited)
3 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Trump walked out because he has the maturity of a three year old. He did the exact same thing during negotiations with the Ds during the shutdown a couple months ago.
He's a fool. And KJU played him for one, both this week and last year.

I find it amusing that you realize that KJU is a 'murderous scumbag', yet Trump has publicly stated how great he is, how much the people of North Korea love him, and how much Trump loves him. Trump said he didn't think that this 'murderous scumbag' had anything to do with the death of a US citizen in DPRK custody.

I guess I don't find compliments and kowtowing towards a 'murderous scumbag' and acting like a spoiled child 'something different' in a good way.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

On 3/1/2019 at 3:33 PM, Phil1111 said:

North Korea accuses US of 'gangster-like' behaviour after Pompeo talks from Jul 7, 2018

North Korea Appears to Be Expanding Nuclear Missile Program       from Nov 12, 2018

Trump: Playing war games with South Korea is ‘fun’ but too expensive

Canceled US 'war game' with South Korea would have cost $14 million

Here's Why Ending 'War Games' With South Korea Would Be a Grave Mistake    Admiral Stavridis (Ret.) was the 16th Supreme Allied Commander at NATO

They haven't been sabre rattling because their nuclear weapon production lines and missile programs are going all out. You don't kick a cow while you're milking it.

You also don't kick the can down the road avoiding dealing with North Korea like Clinton, Bush and Obama did. North Korea somehow gained the ability to make nuclear weapons during THEIR watches.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:00 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Trump walked out because he has the maturity of a three year old. He did the exact same thing during negotiations with the Ds during the shutdown a couple months ago.
He's a fool. And KJU played him for one, both this week and last year.

I find it amusing that you realize that KJU is a 'murderous scumbag', yet Trump has publicly stated how great he is, how much the people of North Korea love him, and how much Trump loves him. Trump said he didn't think that this 'murderous scumbag' had anything to do with the death of a US citizen in DPRK custody.

I guess I don't find compliments and kowtowing towards a 'murderous scumbag' and acting like a spoiled child 'something different' in a good way.

I call it placating the tyrant kid to keep him from having a meltdown, without really giving him anything of substance, like the recent summit. "OK, we don't see eye to eye and can't come to an agreement so we must stop here, but should you change your mind, give me a call."

Sounds better than "fuck this shit, I'm outta here."

6 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

I call it placating the tyrant kid to keep him from having a meltdown,

He wasn't going to have a meltdown.

without really giving him anything of substance,

His image and prestige was given a substantial boost, for absolutely no reason and gaining nothing in return.

??? That's pretty much exactly what Trump said.

18 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

You also don't kick the can down the road avoiding dealing with North Korea like Clinton, Bush and Obama did. North Korea somehow gained the ability to make nuclear weapons during THEIR watches.

Clinton tried the trump approach already. Called negotiating in good faith.= failure

Bush tried the get tough sanctions approach already.= failure, but restricted the NK ability to expand its nuclear programs.

trump already conceded the SK-US war games which are a absolutely positive deterrence to NK adventurism. trump got a cessation in nuclear testing (after two tests) and missile testing. All while NK expanded production of missiles and nuclear weapons.

So since NK is still expanding its programs. So since John un got a suspension of the war games on his border. Got two face to face meetings as equals with trump. trump has in fact tried to kick the can and missed it four times.

24 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

I call it placating the tyrant kid to keep him from having a meltdown, without really giving him anything of substance, like the recent summit. "OK, we don't see eye to eye and can't come to an agreement so we must stop here, but should you change your mind, give me a call."

Why hold the summit in the first place? North Korea accuses US of 'gangster-like' behaviour after Pompeo talks

This is the direct quote from the NK government " But, the U.S. side came up only with its unilateral and gangster-like demand for denuclearization just calling for CVID, declaration and verification, all of which run counter to the spirit of the Singapore summit meeting and talks."

The above states clearly that denuclearizeation is counter to what trump said was agreed to at the first summit. The above statement was issued subsequent to Pompeo's meeting in NK. So what would make trump think NK has changed its mind on anything. During the time since the meeting with Mr. Kim and Pompeo. NK has built 2-3 nuclear weapons according to trump's own intelligence officers.

Sounds like a whole lot of winning.

(edited)
3 hours ago, BillyVance said:

And NK made more progress (ICBM and full thermonuclear capabilities tested) and launched more missiles during Trump's presidency than all previous years combined.  What do you suggest they should have done for so much to have happened in Trump's presidency that he was unable to deal with?  I guarantee that short of a full blown invasion, if you list it, they did it.

NK has absolutely not stopped their weapons program and by all indications tech for improving both their rockets and weapons have been coming in from China and Russia.  Nothing would suite those two countries more that NK making a first strike nuke attack and then ducking into bunkers for the retaliatory strike while Russia and China take advantage of conventional warfare against a technologically depleted US force who recently gave up their long term alliances with NATO members.

Edited by DJL