rushmc

the 4th of July confession

RonD1120

The cultural war is similar to the cold war. Let us all hope and pray that we can tear down the wall before the nuclear option is mandatory.

That post pretty much shows the level of paranoia you have about outsiders and the progressives that you see as in league with them. And I understand what you are saying fairly clearly. Although I strongly disagree. The left and right have different ideas. Neither will be "defeated". Rather they will compete in the so called "marketplace of ideas".

But out of curiosity, what is the "nuclear option" you refer to?

SHTF, and I have no definite definition. To me, it is the worst fantasy possible coming to fruition.

In that case I will consider it just overblown hyperbole. Much like the rest of the post. Maybe you should consider calming down a little bit. God will sort things out in Her own time.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I think social media has given us as consumers so much power that it's getting weird. If someone posts about the founder of a pizza company using a word that he'd declared not allowed to use then the victims' outrage can shut the place down, so off with his head. If one ignorant employee mistreats a couple of customers than an entire coffee chain has to shut its doors for "retraining." and become a public restroom provider.
Black self-appointed leaders proclaim that white people can listen to their music and buy their music, in fact they're kind of hoping they do, but if the catch you singing along the music stops and the outrage starts because "I can say that word but you can't neener neener neener."
So now white people know they can't say that word but is the fact that so many who normally wouldn't are now thinking it part of the plan? After all, if your entire thing is being a victim then what happens if the hatred dies down.
And whoever told the Democrats that being smug and calling anyone who disagrees with you ignorant was a key to success must have been a well placed Republican troll.

Bob_Church

I think social media has given us as consumers so much power that it's getting weird. If someone posts about the founder of a pizza company using a word that he'd declared not allowed to use then the victims' outrage can shut the place down, so off with his head. If one ignorant employee mistreats a couple of customers than an entire coffee chain has to shut its doors for "retraining." and become a public restroom provider.
Black self-appointed leaders proclaim that white people can listen to their music and buy their music, in fact they're kind of hoping they do, but if the catch you singing along the music stops and the outrage starts because "I can say that word but you can't neener neener neener."
So now white people know they can't say that word but is the fact that so many who normally wouldn't are now thinking it part of the plan? After all, if your entire thing is being a victim then what happens if the hatred dies down.
And whoever told the Democrats that being smug and calling anyone who disagrees with you ignorant was a key to success must have been a well placed Republican troll.

Ya, poor white people. They are so downtrodden. What a pile of.....you know, but I shouldn't say the word. The times are still a 'changin it seems.

Social media is just a part of the communication revolution that is changing the world. It takes information and organization out of the hands of the established powers and re-distributes it to everyone. That is why governments like China's work so hard to keep a lid on it.

Black "self appointed leaders"? WTF are you talking about? Everyone is a leader if they choose to lead. Everyone is a follower if they choose to follow. Why are you so resentful? No one makes you buy anyone's music. You have a choice and so does everyone else. If the leader of Starbucks sees a need to open their bathrooms to the public why do you object? Starbucks will either thrive or not. They are a private company and they decide on their best policies to their own advantage.

Consumers have the power because they spend the money. Social media is making a difference. It is opening up the curtains and shining the blinding light on previously dark corners of society. It is an extension of fifth estate. You are using it right now.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***I think social media has given us as consumers so much power that it's getting weird. If someone posts about the founder of a pizza company using a word that he'd declared not allowed to use then the victims' outrage can shut the place down, so off with his head. If one ignorant employee mistreats a couple of customers than an entire coffee chain has to shut its doors for "retraining." and become a public restroom provider.

Ya, poor white people. They are so downtrodden. What a pile of.....you know, but I shouldn't say the word. The times are still a 'changin it seems.

Social media is just a part of the communication revolution that is changing the world. It takes information and organization out of the hands of the established powers and re-distributes it to everyone. That is why governments like China's work so hard to keep a lid on it.

Black "self appointed leaders"? WTF are you talking about? Everyone is a leader if they choose to lead. Everyone is a follower if they choose to follow. Why are you so resentful? No one makes you buy anyone's music. You have a choice and so does everyone else. If the leader of Starbucks sees a need to open their bathrooms to the public why do you object? Starbucks will either thrive or not. They are a private company and they decide on their best policies to their own advantage.

Consumers have the power because they spend the money. Social media is making a difference. It is opening up the curtains and shining the blinding light on previously dark corners of society. It is an extension of fifth estate. You are using it right now.

I admire your agility. I could never be limber enough to get my head far enough my own rear end to believe the things you seem to believe.
You've displayed the ability to twist logic like a balloon animal.

So, point by point what do you mean? I realize that is too much work. Hell it's too much work for me as well. So, pick one thing you disagree with. One point.

RonD1120

My motivation was to make SOCOM aware of your allegiance to an enemy during wartime.

In my day-to-day interactions, I don't encounter people like you. As I have little desire to visit backwoods hick towns and interact with the locals, I'm certain we will never meet.

This general "fucking about" on the internet is one thing, however I find it unbelievable that you would attempt to interfere with someone's real life/business.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

tkhayes

I don't think I ever said 'fired' or if I did, I was eluding to the idea of Skydive City being 'fired' by USSOCOM. Thanks for your comments

You're welcome.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

gowlerk

So, point by point what do you mean? I realize that is too much work. Hell it's too much work for me as well. So, pick one thing you disagree with. One point.

I don't buy rap or hip hop. I avoid hearing it if I can, I'm just not into it, but does that mean I shouldn't be indignant when one person may lose her job because someone heard her singing along to one? Because she enjoyed the song. Or in another case when a singer invited a young woman up onto stage to sing along then stops, on cue when she gets to "that word" and the has the entire audience turn on her?
Is it important to me, maybe not. But that doesn't mean it isn't very bad. And I don't understand how you couldn't see that. Or that the underlying point is to stir up hatred.
As far as the Starbuck's thing if you really interpret the situation the way you say I don't even know where to start. "sees a need" Are you under the impression that this started when the CEO of Starbucks said "hey, you know what, we're gonna let anyone come in and pee."? Which would be fine and it would be strange if I was upset about that but it's about as far from reality as you can get. One ignorant employee out of 179,000, an ex-employee at that, did something wrong and stupid and Starbucks is now being labeled a racist business.
You don't think that's problematic?
We've created a system where anyone, anywhere at anytime can basically shout fire in a crowded theater. And people are.

RonD1120

***you can ask RonD1120 himself for the verification of the story. It's not like he ever denied it the other couple of times that it came up.

You asked for examples. I gave them to you. 'fake news' right? So easy not having to think when you can simply parrot rhetoric like that. I would expect nothing less from you....

And it is not like I have to prove anything to you anyway, like suddenly you will change your views or even that your viewpoint matters in the greater picture of things

I have my well-founded opinions of RonD and he is the worst of what Christianity and religion bring to the table. I wouldn't sell him my snot.

The Holy Spirit is dealing with me now about this issue. At the time you were bragging about aiding and abetting an enemy of the U.S.A. in a wartime situation. I was angered and I reacted, yes, overreacted.

I was foolish and nothing productive has come from my transgression.

At this juncture, I sincerely apologize. I am sorry for my behavior and I ask for your forgiveness.

And who advised you to rat him out? The Holy Spirit? The Devil? Some other poltergeist? I'm curious, Ron, if it's always the devil making you do it why do you need forgiveness?

Phil1111

******The progressive left cannot be bargained with any longer. It must be summarily defeated.

Throughout our nation's history, conservatives have made it their mission to obstruct positive progress, and have virtually always found themselves on the wrong side of history.

Not true. Lincoln was republican. Both Bush presidents were open to compromise. trump is not a real conservative and the entire republican party today has been stripped clean of real conservatives. Replaced by trump followers.

Prior to the civil rights movement of the sixties most conservatives were Dems, especially in the south. Don't confuse party with philosophy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

DJL

She had too much political clout and everyone knew it. In any other election Bernie Sanders would've been gone before the first quarter. Everyone else stayed home so she took the nomination.

What? You don't think the DNC had anything to do with it?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

The Left has been embroiled in a cultural war against America since the advent of the children of the '60s. President Trump is our first wartime president in this cultural war.

The progressive left cannot be bargained with any longer. It must be summarily defeated.

The strategy, as I see now, is to make America economically and militarily strong and secure our borders and thus stop illegal immigration.

The progressive left can only intensify the hatred and conflict of the division. They are well rooted in the shadow government and the deep state. They must be systematically uncovered and moved to a position of neutrality.

The cultural war is similar to the cold war. Let us all hope and pray that we can tear down the wall before the nuclear option is mandatory.

yes, here we go again....
the 'Left' is actually PART OF America. There is no exclusivity anywhere that claims that the only true americans or owners of america are people on the right. except within very narrow views skewed by whatever is going on inside you head.

Consumers have always had that power. The net just organizes it.

So now white people know they can't say that word but is the fact that so many who normally wouldn't are now thinking it part of the plan?

Nope.

I know you understand this. You might tell a joke about a kid dying and going to St. Peter and St. Peter says XXX - but you wouldn't tell the same joke to a mother who had just lost her infant. So I know you understand the concept.

I'm just not into it, but does that mean I shouldn't be indignant when one person may lose her job because someone heard her singing along to one?

You can be as indignant as you want about anything you want.

And I don't understand how you couldn't see that. Or that the underlying point is to stir up hatred.

The underlying point is to reduce hatred. The term "nigger" has been used as a pejorative for decades. It was used back when white supremacists were murdering blacks for being black, and daring to do things like look at white women. So reducing its use as a pejorative (specifically by whites, who were the ones doing the lynching) is a good thing overall.

We've created a system where anyone, anywhere at anytime can basically shout fire in a crowded theater. And people are.

And that is a very good thing - because it gets people out of a burning theater. Do some use it when it's not needed? Yes, sometimes, and that's sad. But better to deal with that problem than to let people burn because people are afraid to call out fire when they see it (or think they see it.)

The Left has been embroiled in a cultural war against America since the advent of the children of the '60s. President Trump is our first wartime president in this cultural war.

The progressive left cannot be bargained with any longer. It must be summarily defeated.

The strategy, as I see now, is to make America economically and militarily strong and secure our borders and thus stop illegal immigration.

The progressive left can only intensify the hatred and conflict of the division. They are well rooted in the shadow government and the deep state. They must be systematically uncovered and moved to a position of neutrality.

I'm a little surprised this revealing statement by Ron, and his few lame responses, have received so little play. This is not his ever quaint way of stating things. This is who he is and what he really believes. And it's not just him. This notion that he can be reasoned with or add to a conversation by explaining things from his extreme point of view has played out a failure here again and again.

I've gone so far as to directly call him out for lying, for saying things he does not believe which, in allegiance to his twisted beliefs, he can not deny. Apparently lying about being a liar is taking matters a bit too far.

Read his post for what it is: he wants us neutralized and he's not talking vasectomies, Marc. He is fatigued by efforts to bring us to our senses. He believes we can not be bargained with any longer and must be summarily defeated. Or, get yourselves ready, it's the nuclear option. There is a reason Ron isn't bothered by the idea of putting kids in cages. In his mind, the problem is not having enough cages.

This is the drumbeat to anarchy that so many people chant to these days. However, right thinking people are still in the majority in this country. We do not need to let happen what is happening, especially the nirvana Ron envisions. But we need to stop limiting ourselves to discussing the words; we need to discuss the people.

I once referred here to Ron and his ilk and received a warning from Bill. That was wrong. Ilk is not a pejorative term. More importantly, they see us as ilk's and that's how they are beating us. They know that ilk's like us will roll over on robbed Supreme Court seats, pee on our bellies and let pass into the cabinet someone like Betsy DeVoss and, just like crows, allow ourselves to get distracted by something shiny just before the mid-terms and fuck that up, too.

Ron posted a road map to dystopia. If we don't change the conversation, that's where we're going.

After a similar exchange, he said it will start with a massive Pentecostal influx because the Holy Spirit will fill people, as happened in the early 1900’s.

I got less worried.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

After a similar exchange, he said it will start with a massive Pentecostal influx because the Holy Spirit will fill people, as happened in the early 1900’s.

I got less worried.

Wendy P.

That and the ballot box again.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***After a similar exchange, he said it will start with a massive Pentecostal influx because the Holy Spirit will fill people, as happened in the early 1900’s.

I got less worried.

Wendy P.

That and the ballot box again.

Well that reply certainly makes things clear. I guess the harmless neighborhood kid who likes beating on cats is moving on to bigger game. It isn't just Ron who should make you worried. It's them and they don't think they need you anymore. They are that emboldened.

He could easily have said, "Thanks, Wendy, I do expect that the Holy Spirit will fill all of the worlds hearts and change will come. Have a Blessed Day."

Nope. They intend to ram it down our throats at the ballot box. Based on how things have gone, who can argue they won't?

Progressives seem unable to stop believing that hugs will win the war when actually hugs are best reserved for after the war. Make no mistake about it, these crazy assholes have declared war on progressive values and they are winning. Now, we may hope to win back the House in November but they'll still have the Senate, Supreme Court and the White House. We may hope Mueller will deliver impeachable offenses and we may hope that something will come of it.

On the other hand, they don't need to hope for what they'll damn sure have in November. Nor will they need to hope that in 2020 there will be another Jill Stein to take more votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin than the winning margin that gave Trump the Presidency. They can now expect it and they are acting like it.

I say it again, it isn't Ron or Marc. It's them. And they do not feel that they need to pretend to play nice anymore. They have the ballot box.

It is the people who have The Ballot Box! And they see you and yours for what you are.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Please understand this. I have hope again.

I'm not a particularly religious person but there is a difference between you and me when it comes to Ron.
I respect his beliefs and understand where he comes from.

You on the other hand, and those who agree with you, cannot have any respect or understanding for that with which you do not agree with. That level of hatred and discourse shows up every time when the subject comes up.

the left likes to dance on the High Rock and say they have the moral High Ground. Quite frankly they ain't got shit!

You need to remember that those of socialist beliefs have to purge religion from community in order to survive. I understand that. Do you?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Please understand this. I have hope again.

I'm not a particularly religious person but there is a difference between you and me when it comes to Ron.
I respect his beliefs and understand where he comes from.

You on the other hand, and those who agree with you, cannot have any respect or understanding for that with which you do not agree with. That level of hatred and discourse shows up every time when the subject comes up.

the left likes to dance on the High Rock and say they have the moral High Ground. Quite frankly they ain't got shit!

You need to remember that those of socialist beliefs have to purge religion from community in order to survive. I understand that. Do you?

Marc, I have a video for you. I don't think you have the patience to watch it or the capacity to understand it but I offer it by way of explanation. The problem for most folks, like you, is that things happen too quickly or too slowly for them to comprehend. That, or things are too large or too small for them to grasp. I would prefer to offer to you one of Feynman's Cornell lectures but I doubt you would do other than consider it a waste of your valuable time. So instead here is a time lapse video of a glacier calving. Do yourself a big favor and think about it.

https://youtu.be/7tyfSlnMe8E

rushmc

It is the people who have The Ballot Box! And they see you and yours for what you are.

He is 'the people' too.

You and Ron both seem to think the country belongs to you, and everyone else just lives there. It's an ugly attitude.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***It is the people who have The Ballot Box! And they see you and yours for what you are.

He is 'the people' too.

You and Ron both seem to think the country belongs to you, and everyone else just lives there. It's an ugly attitude.

I believe those people are not the rest of the country but rather those centered in the left coast, Chicago, Milwaukee, New York and New England, and parts of Michigan. Those are the heavily populated areas of progressive liberalism. They think the rest of the country should support their problems. Thus, they seek to spread their disease. The rest of us are trying to contain it, to quarantine them.

In 2020 if our economy is strong, our borders secure, and we are militarily dominant we will be on our way to a great America again.

If not, I fear we will descend into chaos. If a progressive liberal is the next POTUS that person will seek revenge to teach us a lesson. Then we will have SHTF.

If a progressive liberal is the next POTUS that person will seek revenge to teach us a lesson. Then we will have SHTF.

I am a progressive liberal by your standards. I even live in a rural farming area of progressive liberal New England.

I, and most people I know, would never vote for someone who we thought would take actions to get back at groups, if nothing else because basing your decisions on others gives them the power. I would prefer to vote for someone who articulated goals I agree with for the country (not necessarily personal goals), and would work for them.

Ones power comes from inside, not from proving that one can disagree with or step on others. Bullies never, ever, understand that. And it’s why the absolute best revenge is a happy life.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

******It is the people who have The Ballot Box! And they see you and yours for what you are.

He is 'the people' too.

I believe those people are not the rest of the country but rather those centered in the left coast, Chicago, Milwaukee, New York and New England, and parts of Michigan. Those are the heavily populated areas of progressive liberalism.

Yes, you would like to believe that. But even in your own state Trump barely scraped 50% of the vote, and only 5% more than Hillary.

They think the rest of the country should support their problems. Thus, they seek to spread their disease. The rest of us are trying to contain it, to quarantine them.

Yeah yeah, we’re all well aware by now of your love of divisive politics and cultural war. Like is said, it’s just ugly.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?