Shark

Shindig

Reposted from the Elsinore e-mail:

Hi everyone, for those of you who would like to contribute in honor of Shindig's memory, please send donations to:

Navy Federal Credit Union
C/O: Richard Schindler Memorial Fund
39826 Winchester Road
Temecula, CA 92591
Attention: Julia

Also, for those people asking about the ash dive, please contact Lob directly as he is the main organizer of the jump.
[email protected]

We will have beer, food, and good memories flowing at the DZ this Friday, 4:30pm.
See you there.
Much love and blue skies,
Mel

What an honor it is to have known and spent time with Shindig. I watched the video he put together after World Meet '06 and it reminded me of what an energetic, funny, all-around good guy Shindig was. I'm sad that you have left us, but am so grateful to be able to say you were my friend and teammate.

WWCD? - What would Chuck (Norris) do?

I hadn't seen Rick since I moved from California in 2004. He flew camera for a lot of ad-hoc four ways I was on during some of the pick-up meets.

I wish he didn't have to go. Blue Skies, Black Death.

He's a Marine, he'll go on forever.

Currahee, brother.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Shindig was a fantastic guy it seemed as I only met him a few times but he had a great personality from what I remember. He videoed some training jumps that my 8 way did down in Elsinore. Always seemed up beat and I am sure he has left a hole on the DZ.

Blue Skies and a very unfortunate Black Death to you Shindig

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Both the skydiving community and the community as a whole have lost a Great Man. These words are often used to describe politicians, athletes and world leaders. To often, these words are missing when describing men like Ricky.

A friend, a skydiver, a teammate, a husband, a father, a son, a Marine, a Sheriff, a joker, a lover of life and a lover of people. He created men; he saved men; and he protected us. Not because he had to, but because he wanted to. He was these things, and he excelled at them all. Ricky epitomized Greatness.

Set can be proud of her husband. His sons can be proud of their father. And we can be proud of our friend. We are blessed, and have become better human beings, for having known him for even the short time he was with us.

Ricky was a member of the GT Family, the Boardwalk Family and the Skydive Elsinore Family. His memory will be kept in our hearts. His love of the sport will be expressed in our flight. He will be missed. And his life will be celebrated.

Fly free my friend, the climbs to altitude are over.

Steve, Kathee and the GT Family

I remember when Shindig video taped my buddy Paul's tandem jump... while he video taped our interview before the jump we told him that 10 other people had backed out... he turned the camera around to himself, looked it square into the lens and said "WUSS'IES"...
He was the first person to ever video tape me leaving an airplane into the beautiful blue sky... he was my second coach in the wind tunnel and I can honestly say I will never forget the man...

Blue's Shindig...

Majus

This was a wonderful service, and for those in attendance, the story about the sheriff's academy instructor getting all wound up by the "shrimp" that wouldn't polish his boots was the best I've ever heard.

Shindig was already a retired and decorated Marine, HALO instructor, former DI, and a whole slew of other accomplishments, when he reported to the Sheriff's academy. "The Dude", as the much younger academy instructor called him, would not polish his boots. The Sheriff's Academy instructor let this get under his skin. It bothered him to the point that several weeks later, he could not sleep, so he got up, turned on the Discovery Channel, and saw a special on HALO: Freefall Warriors. We skydivers were already in stiches, we knew what was coming.

This instructor said, "And suddenly, on TV, was that dude." Can you imagine that? A student who so gets to you that you cannot sleep, you turn on escape TV, and there he is. The Dude.

A marvelous, wonderful, and heartbreaking ceremony. I watched from the ground the ash dive, and fly by. One of the most poignant tributes I've ever seen. I cried. I watched his kids play, and I cried some more. I watched my mentor in the sport hug and kiss the widow in front of me, and break down. Then I stepped up to pay my respects, and Gage, the older son and de facto man of the house at seven, took my offered handshake and turned it into a skydiving handshake. I cried.

I told everyone around me that was the way I want to be remembered.

A wonderful job by the Elsinore family, and I am left otherwise speechless.........my two cents.

Bob Marks
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

The shindig for our beloved Shidig was quite a shindig! His memorial service was honorable, beautiful, funny and sad. I was amazed at the turnout. He is loved by so many! His ashdive was incredibly beautiful and I'm so happy his wife made her first tandem. The smile on her face said it all~She gets it! Looking at his photos posted around the DZ is comforting. Like he's there. Pat Newman did a wonderful job putting together his memorial video. I think we were laughing/crying all at the same time. I will miss him. I wish his loved ones peace and comfort.

Reposted from the Elsinore e-mail:

Hi everyone, for those of you who would like to contribute in honor of Shindig's memory, please send donations to:

Navy Federal Credit Union
C/O: Richard Schindler Memorial Fund
39826 Winchester Road
Temecula, CA 92591
Attention: Julia

Also, for those people asking about the ash dive, please contact Lob directly as he is the main organizer of the jump.
[email protected]

We will have beer, food, and good memories flowing at the DZ this Friday, 4:30pm.
See you there.
Much love and blue skies,
Mel

"Wanna cookie little boy?"

Beautiful, wonderful, moving tribute to Shindig on Elsinore's web page today..

Very nice work, Pat. Thank you for creating such an incredible memorial.

http://www.skydiveelsinore.com/Shindig.html

ltdiver

I agree. That was awesome.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Beautiful, wonderful, moving tribute to Shindig on Elsinore's web page today..

Very nice work, Pat. Thank you for creating such an incredible memorial.

http://www.skydiveelsinore.com/Shindig.html

ltdiver

A wonderful tribute. Quite obviously an exceptional man.

Semper Fidelis ...BSBD.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

To this day, when I jump a first time jumper, I use what I called the "Shindig" exit. He taught me much. Mostly how to just shut up and get shit done.

Hadn't seen him in 3-4 years.

What a Loss. What a great dude.

Nice Memorial on the Elsinore Web Page.

Blue Skies "Shindig."

I served with Rick in the Marines, where he got his name Shindig. Ska Diga Diga Diga ! When things were going bad Shindig always put a smile on our faces. The best Marine I ever served with period.

2nd platoon will never forget you Devil Dog!

RIP!

Kindercare

To all friends & family today mark's the first year anniversary without Rick Schindler. The Marines lost one of their best & brightest few good men. Gone but not forgotten brother, Semper Fidelis! R.I.P. Blue Skies forever!

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od7YMLQXlQg]
Live every day as it was your last, one day you'll be right!

To all friends & family today mark's the first year anniversary without Rick Schindler. The Marines lost one of their best & brightest few good men. Gone but not forgotten brother, Semper Fidelis! R.I.P. Blue Skies forever!

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od7YMLQXlQg]

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!