RonD1120

House of Cards

RonD1120

******I finally got around to looking up Hawkins. What are your thoughts on LoC calibration and the methods used?

Quackery which doesn't hold up to investigation.

http://pathstoknowledge.com/1022/a-critique-of-david-r-hawkins-and-kinesiology/

Have you used the Path to Knowledge often? Do you believe the authors have credibility? The author of the article you cited is anonymous. At least, I did not find his name.

That said, I am not studying David Hawkins for all his works or his political beliefs. I read one book of his because the Holy Spirit put it in my awareness and I found it educational and comforting. It validated some of my professional philosophies.

The question, and my response, only applied to the LoC "calibration" nonsense. And let's be perfectly clear here, it's complete and utter nonsense on the level of reading tea leaves, or bumps on the head, or palm reading.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Jesus was actually resurrected and it is proven by those who have experienced salvation through His gift of life. If it was a myth, a metaphor, then it is impossible to believe that the original apostles would have gladly been martyred just to perpetuate a lie. Think about that!

Hmm. 12 apostles martyred themselves, thus proving that Jesus was the Son of God.

How many hundreds of Islamist Extremists have martyred themselves over the last twenty years? Does that prove that Allah is the one true God and Mohammed was his prophet?

Men being willing to die for a cause doesn't mean that cause is right.

- Dan G

quade

***Have you used the Path to Knowledge often? Do you believe the authors have credibility? The author of the article you cited is anonymous. At least, I did not find his name.

That said, I am not studying David Hawkins for all his works or his political beliefs. I read one book of his because the Holy Spirit put it in my awareness and I found it educational and comforting. It validated some of my professional philosophies.

The question, and my response, only applied to the LoC "calibration" nonsense. And let's be perfectly clear here, it's complete and utter nonsense on the level of reading tea leaves, or bumps on the head, or palm reading.

But he found it comforting. And educational.

And it validated his beliefs.

Therefore it must be true.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

What about Bill's brother being involved with cocaine smuggling?

What about Hillary's brother skimming money from the Haitian fund through their pay for play foundation?

What about Hillary cheating during the presidential debates by having the questions beforehand?

What about the clandestine meeting in a private airplane on the tarmac of the Phoenix airport between Loretta Lynch and Bill?

And here is the central dichotomy in your thinking.

You believe all those things. And tomorrow when someone suggests something new (i.e. "Clinton killed a soldier in Vietnam and then pissed on him.") you'll believe that one too. Perhaps not believe it 100%, but you will certainly say "well, it's something they would do, so it's not impossible."

But then you hear the story of Trump raping a 13 year old. Of Trump being sued by four other women for sexual assault. Trump mocking a disabled reporter. Trump saying he thinks it's OK to grab women by the pussy when you are famous. Trump claiming Obama was born in Kenya. Trump defrauding hundreds of students. Trump abusing undocumented workers and threatening them with deportation unless they worked for him. And through it all you claim that those things are, and I quote, "fake news regarding President Trump." Even in cases where the story is revealed by Trump's own words.

I can sort of understand why you have to maintain such a careful wall between your beliefs and reality. If you ever had to confront that dichotomy head-on, the cognitive dissonance that would result could do you great harm.

And here is where your thinking goes awry. Donald Tump was the candidate in opposition to Hillary Clinton. The operative word is opposition.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

And here is where your thinking goes awry. Donald Tump was the candidate in opposition to Hillary Clinton.

Right. And your political worldview requires you to believe every questionable story about the Clintons, and none of the stories (many of them provable) about Trump.

Like I said, I hope for your sake that you never have to ponder that, because the cognitive dissonance it may create in you may well upend the peace you have tried so hard to cultivate. (And I hope for the country's sake that most people do not have such carefully constructed fabrications that they must cling to.)

RonD1120

And here is where your thinking goes awry. Donald Tump was the candidate in opposition to Hillary Clinton. The operative word is opposition.

That was actually the point.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hi Ron,

Donald Tump was the candidate in opposition to Hillary Clinton.

So, are you saying that merely because of his opposition to Ms. Clinton, in the last election, that wipes away all the bad & terrible things that he done in his lifetime?

I just want to try to understand how you value him.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ron,

Donald Tump was the candidate in opposition to Hillary Clinton.

So, are you saying that merely because of his opposition to Ms. Clinton, in the last election, that wipes away all the bad & terrible things that he done in his lifetime?

I just want to try to understand how you value him.

Jerry Baumchen

I valued Donald Trump as the man who could and did defeat Hillary Clinton.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Stumpy

***My peace of mind is secure. I probably will not have to vote in another presidential campaign.

Fwiw I am sorry to hear that.

Thank you, Stumpy. That is very kind of you.

Actually, my health is good so far has I know. I just sort of feel like it is getting close to translation time.

RonD1120

******My peace of mind is secure. I probably will not have to vote in another presidential campaign.

Fwiw I am sorry to hear that.

Thank you, Stumpy. That is very kind of you.

Actually, my health is good so far has I know. I just sort of feel like it is getting close to translation time.

And one more time, you believe something because you want it to happen, not because there is any real evidence that it will happen.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>And one more time, you believe something because you want it to happen, not
>because there is any real evidence that it will happen.

==========
Magical Thinking
(from Wikipedia)

Magical thinking is a term used in anthropology and psychology, denoting the fallacious attribution of causal relationships between actions and events, with subtle differences in meaning between the two fields. . . . In psychology, the entities between which a causal relation has to be posited are more strictly delineated; here it denotes the belief that one's thoughts by themselves can bring about effects in the world or that thinking something corresponds with doing it.
==========

That's just plain silly.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

That's just plain silly.

What motivated you to say that?

wolfriverjoe

And one more time, you believe something because you want it to happen, not because there is any real evidence that it will happen.

Evidence is not a requirement.

As a Christian, I awaken each day expecting it to be my last. At night I thank God for one more day.

As a spirit living in a body, I am already living in eternity. I live mostly in the spirit realm. I have little attachment to this earthly vessel.

And, the men in my bloodline don't seem to live past 80.

billvon

>And one more time, you believe something because you want it to happen, not
>because there is any real evidence that it will happen.

==========
Magical Thinking
(from Wikipedia)

Magical thinking is a term used in anthropology and psychology, denoting the fallacious attribution of causal relationships between actions and events, with subtle differences in meaning between the two fields. . . . In psychology, the entities between which a causal relation has to be posited are more strictly delineated; here it denotes the belief that one's thoughts by themselves can bring about effects in the world or that thinking something corresponds with doing it.
==========

That is quite true but not applicable in my life.

SkyDekker

And, the men in my bloodline don't seem to live past 80.

Longevity tends to be dictated by the mother.

Ironic that your lifespan is going to be dictated by a gender you see as inferior.

I do not see females as inferior. If fact I agree with Ashley Montagu on their natural superiority.

m529gft

So in my cod psychology view, Claire Underwood is a sociopath.

Is this correct? Is she exhibiting the signs? What about Francis?

I agree, both Claire and Francis are sociopaths/psychopaths.

RonD1120

***So in my cod psychology view, Claire Underwood is a sociopath.

Kill them with fire B|
Werewolves not swearwolves

m529gft

******So in my cod psychology view, Claire Underwood is a sociopath.

Kill them with fire B|

I think season 7 will be explosive. Francis stated that he will kill Claire if she removes him from the circle of power.