billvon

A new week

After the dumpster fire of last week, what will this week bring? Trump started off with saying he'll require a personal loyalty pledge from the next FBI director. What will be next? With a rational president you could expect action on some of his initiatives - the border wall, Obamacare replacement, what have you.

But with Trump it could be firing Spicer and all his assistants because he didn't read Trump's mind last week. Or because he DID read Trump's mind last week. Or perhaps Spicer will just hide in the bushes again then disappear on another "perfectly normal, pre-planned" trip somewhere. Trump might require all US soldiers to pledge allegiance to Trump. He might appoint Jared to fill a vacant seat in the Senate. He might state that the US has never dropped any nuclear bombs on anyone, so what North Korea is doing is unforgivable. Or he might point out that we are dropping nukes in Syria, so North Korea better watch out. He might deny climate change, or deny Antarctica exists, or deny that the US was ever a slave-owning country, and that the blacks back then were treated "wonderfully, no one treated blacks better than we did back then. You can't believe how well they were treated."

You never know.

billvon

After the dumpster fire of last week, what will this week bring? Trump started off with saying he'll require a personal loyalty pledge from the next FBI director. What will be next? With a rational president you could expect action on some of his initiatives - the border wall, Obamacare replacement, what have you.

But with Trump it could be firing Spicer and all his assistants because he didn't read Trump's mind last week. Or because he DID read Trump's mind last week. Or perhaps Spicer will just hide in the bushes again then disappear on another "perfectly normal, pre-planned" trip somewhere. Trump might require all US soldiers to pledge allegiance to Trump. He might appoint Jared to fill a vacant seat in the Senate. He might state that the US has never dropped any nuclear bombs on anyone, so what North Korea is doing is unforgivable. Or he might point out that we are dropping nukes in Syria, so North Korea better watch out. He might deny climate change, or deny Antarctica exists, or deny that the US was ever a slave-owning country, and that the blacks back then were treated "wonderfully, no one treated blacks better than we did back then. You can't believe how well they were treated."

You never know.

You are right, you never know. But you do not have to thrown in highly disputed fake news from your arguments.

Come on Bill, you are better than that.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

> But you do not have to thrown in highly disputed fake news from your arguments.

I didn't; that is Trump's specialty.

I'm surprised you didn't defend the 1977 "cover" of Time Magazine. I mean, sure, it's factually incorrect - but it says what you FEEL is true.

The R rats are just beginning to jump off of the good ship Trump. I think it's almost time to start a pool. How many more days can he last? There is no one thing yet that I believe will bring him down. But there is no way that he can go much longer without making a final fatal error. We'll know the game is up when even Marc gives up on him.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Foreign Leaders Have Realized Trump Is a Pushover

The pattern has become clear: A foreign official comes to President Trump. They speak. The official leaves with what he or she wants, and Trump emerges chastened, having reversed a major policy, or both....

According to The Washington Post’s Josh Rogin, NPR, and other reports, Chinese leaders began lobbying for a face-to-face meeting with Trump as soon as possible in his presidency. Ahead of the April visit by President Xi Jinping to the United States, Trump warned that their meeting would be “a very difficult one.” That was a reasonable prediction. Trump had spent much of the campaign assailing China, complaining that the country was a currency manipulator (which had not been true since 2014) and that he would take a much harder line than the Obama administration had.

As it happened, the meeting with Xi was something of a love-fest. Trump and his spokesman have boasted since about the very good relationship they created with China’s leader, and hailed their friendship. If Trump was pleased with the outcome, Xi must have been ecstatic. The Chinese president emerged from the meeting with warm praise from Trump; a concession from the U.S. president that China was not manipulating its currency; and conciliatory statements about China’s ability to twist the arm of North Korea, its wild-eyed, nuclear-armed neighbor.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/trump-foreign-leaders-negotiate/526815/

See if anyone can identify the prominent republican who said these things:

"The real story that Congress, the FBI and all others should be looking into is the leaking of Classified information. Must find leaker now!"

"Leaking, and even illegal classified leaking, has been a big problem in Washington for years. Failing @nytimes (and others) must apologize!"

"The FBI is totally unable to stop the national security "leakers" that have permeated our government for a long time. They can't even find the leakers within the FBI itself. Classified information is being given to media that could have a devastating effect on U.S. FIND NOW!"

"The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!"

"Hillary Clinton should not be given national security briefings in that she is a lose cannon with extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts."

"Crooked Hillary Clinton and her team "were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information." Not fit!"

"FBI director said Crooked Hillary compromised our national security. No charges. Wow!"

"It is terrible that @BarackObama did not appoint an independent counsel to investigate the national security leaks. No accountability."

What is your plan if all your worst fantasies come true?

I posed this question to yoink and he did not respond.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Pense, Ryan, Bo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_(dog)

Braggart in Chief

President Trump’s incessant need to prove how important and successful he is proved costly in a meeting with Russian diplomats.

Why did Donald Trump last week reveal highly classified, potentially life-endangering, intelligence to Russia’s foreign minister? Because he wanted to impress him.

“In his conversations with the Russian officials,” reports Reuters, “Trump appeared to be boasting about his knowledge of the looming threats, telling them he was briefed on ‘great intel every day.’”

It fits a pattern; Trump loves dazzling guests. After his April meeting with Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago, he recounted the Chinese president’s supposed shock when Trump told him, over dessert, that the U.S. had just bombed Syria: Xi “paused for 10 seconds and then he asked the interpreter to please say it again.” When two Time reporters followed Trump around the White House last month, Trump told them that Ronald Lauder “went crazy” after being shown “the painting of George Washington above the fireplace.” Then Trump beckoned the reporters to follow him into his private dining room, where “You’ll see something that is amazing.” It turned out to be Trump’s newly installed flat-screen TV.

It’s not exactly a secret that Trump brags. During the campaign, he boasted about the size of his penis. This March, he said he was the reason no NFL team had signed Colin Kaepernick. And he does so in private, too. In his infamous Access Hollywood tape, Trump crowed about his ability to get away with sexual assault, declaring that, “when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

One might hope Trump would realize that Sergei Lavrov is not Billy Bush. In dealing with foreign leaders, presidents are not supposed to brag about the powers of their office. They’re supposed to pursue the national interest. But even in private, Trump appears obsessed with using the presidency to prove how important and successful he is.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/braggart-in-chief/526827/

Oh!! and after trump had McMaster go out last night and lie for him. Less than 18 hours later trump threw McMaster under the bus and admitted that he disclosed the information in tweets this morning.

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety," Trump said on Twitter. "Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

In a later tweet, Trump took aim at "LEAKERS in the intelligence community," a frequent target of his months-old administration.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-defends-sharing-information-russians-121114068.html

McMaster, well your allegiances to the constitution and to your political master, trump, are now established.

billvon

"Leaking, and even illegal classified leaking, has been a big problem in Washington for years. Failing @nytimes (and others) must apologize!"

hmmmmm, another equivalency for both teams to deny and get totally outraged when someone brings it up (but...but... with MY team it's different)

Dems that rationalized Hillary's gross mishandling of classified info - I'm assuming they will give Trump a pass then....of course

Reps that wanted Hillary to go to jail - I assume they are calling for Trump to serve time too?????

I won't be holding my breath on either count.

Maybe this will be sufficient to get Trump to resign or be kicked out? If so, we all win, neither of these horrible people get the job and maybe, just maybe, the two parties learn a lesson for next time..... (again, not holding my breath)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***"Leaking, and even illegal classified leaking, has been a big problem in Washington for years. Failing @nytimes (and others) must apologize!"

hmmmmm, another equivalency for both teams to deny and get totally outraged when someone brings it up (but...but... with MY team it's different)

Dems that rationalized Hillary's gross mishandling of classified info - I'm assuming they will give Trump a pass then....of course

Reps that wanted Hillary to go to jail - I assume they are calling for Trump to serve time too?????

I won't be holding my breath on either count.

Maybe this will be sufficient to get Trump to resign or be kicked out? If so, we all win, neither of these horrible people get the job and maybe, just maybe, the two parties learn a lesson for next time..... (again, not holding my breath)

There IS a difference between armed robbery and failing to pay a library fine. You seem unable to recognize that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Immmmm, another equivalency for both teams to deny . . .

We are living in the age of false equivalence. Everything is exactly equal, and to suggest otherwise is evil bias that must be eliminated.

"Tonight on 60 minutes we have two guests who will discuss the pressing issue of vaccination safety. One, a doctor with the CDC, will discuss the role vaccinations play in disease prevention in a population, and the risks to individuals from those vaccinations. The other, an unemployed former commentator for the website Chemtrailsnews.com, will describe how vaccinations have caused autism, drug dependency, teen disobedience, bad breath and death in cases his friend has heard about. We will present these as equally valid viewpoints and let YOU DECIDE!"

billvon

>Immmmm, another equivalency for both teams to deny . . .

We are living in the age of false equivalence. Everything is exactly equal, and to suggest otherwise is evil bias that must be eliminated.

oh my,,, it's not 'exactly' equal in any way. Nothing is, it's why I hate those 'but, it's not the same'. Just acknowledge the overlap and then go on with the details that don't align. We simply have had two security concerns by highly placed officials. Both should have an honest investigation and security is an issue that can't be used as a partisan hammer. though clearly, I guess that's not gonna happen. I only compare them to highlight the hypocrisy of the partisan fanatics - certainly not all of you highly open and objective threadmates.

you guys are so quick to jump on even the reminder of Hill's junk that you don't even acknowledge the excitement that this is one step closer to Donald giving up.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The vast majority of emails that were being questioned regarding Hilary's handling of them were retroactively classified, certainly I'm not aware or anything that would be regarded a State Secret. It's not remotely the same.

The Reps thought Hilary had done something illegal. I don't think either the Reps or the Dems are saying Trump has broken the law here, he's just been incredibly stupid. It's not remotely the same.

I won't be holding my breath on either count

Well duh. :S

Your obsession with the idea that both sides are exactly the same, and all the things they do are exactly the same, causes you to say some really strange stuff...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

> We simply have had two security concerns by highly placed officials. Both should have an honest investigation

Screwing up your email account and deliberately leaking classified information from an ally to Russia are not two similar events, meriting a similar level of scrutiny. Shame on you for comparing them.

You like to see yourself as "above the fray" here - but such facile comparisons are the sort of thing you criticize the "partisan fanatics" for engaging in.

jakee

Your obsession with the idea that both sides are exactly the same, and all the things they do are exactly the same,

this statement.....you rock - :D

(it's not about the sides, it's about the amazing ability of the partisans to rationalize their positions again and again and again)

It's not remotely the same.

true - one person was horribly careless and irresponsible about how they handle classified material, the other one was.....something else

billvon

> You like to see yourself as "above the fray" here -

wrong

off to the side of the fray - looking at it in horror and astonishment, thinking WTF and wondering what will become of us all

don't let that stop you, though

>true - one person was horribly careless and irresponsible about how they handle classified material,
>the other one was.....something else

The other one intentionally released classified material to a foreign power. They are actually different things.

rehmwa

it's not about the sides, it's about the amazing ability of the partisans to rationalize their positions again and again and again

Actually it's about your need to feel like you're the only person in the room who knows how to think instead of following like a sheep.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

Correction - you asked me what my worst fantasy was.

That answer is far to personal to share with you. So no, I didn't respond.

RonD1120

What is your worst fantasy? What do you think will happen? Is September 23 significant to you?