Royreader8812

Sarin Gas blame game...

Royreader8812

But the question at hand is much simpler. Who dropped sarin gas on people? The list of possible suspects is not very long. If ISIS possessed such material they would have done it elsewhere. It defies all logic to think they have that capability. That leaves Assad's forces. With or without Russia supplying the material.

You realise there are a number of groups in Syria fighting against Assad.

If you think it is just the Syrian government (and Russia) vs ISIS...

Then who the hell have the coalition been openly arming and training for the last few years.

Do you read or watch the state department briefings?

The Moderate rebels that hold the area where the gas was 'released' are allies of the coalition and your money is going to arm them.

This is no secret.

You might want to clue yourself up on the situation a little better before having such a stance on it.

It is nice to see that there are members of congress th\t are stating exactly as I am.

Because they are the ones that Trump would have to go through if he is drawn into this and the very same people that stopped Obama from doing so in 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIJlyxCQyE&feature=youtu.be

The anchor looks flabbergasted that he would say and think such things.

He speaks absolute sense.

Dude, there you go again. Obsfucation is not going to work here. Just answer the question. Who in the world has sarin gas available to them?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

LOL, so you want me to answer a question that not even the US intelligence services knows, and if I can't answer it. You will somehow twist that into a statement means Assad did it.

You obviously do not understand the situation in Syria very well, so I am not quite sure how you can continue to ask me questions that I could not possibly know the answer to, leading up to some fucked up conclusion.

They all might have it, for all I know.

That is not the question here, the question is was it used, and who used it.

Assad is winning the war, the rebels are on the run. Peace talks are about to happen and Assad has the support of a majority of Syrians as he is the only hope of retaining a secular nation there.

But the idiots that think he is 'the bad guy', want a group of fundamental Wahhabi extremists to take over because Assad is such a bad guy.

Tell me again how it would benefit Assad toi kill 70 civilians with chemical weapons...?

The media is now showing footage of a little girl pleading for the war to stop, to justify going to war there.

What kind of asshole falls for that shit?

You are quite clearly a troll so unless you make some sort of sense or show that you have at least a reasonable understanding of the situation. you are not worth one more iota of energy.

Royreader8812

LOL, so you want me to answer a question that not even the US intelligence services knows, and if I can't answer it. You will somehow twist that into a statement means Assad did it.

You obviously do not understand the situation in Syria very well, so I am not quite sure how you can continue to ask me questions that I could not possibly know the answer to, leading up to some fucked up conclusion.

They all might have it, for all I know.

That is not the question here, the question is was it used, and who used it.

Assad is winning the war, the rebels are on the run. Peace talks are about to happen and Assad has the support of a majority of Syrians as he is the only hope of retaining a secular nation there.

But the idiots that think he is 'the bad guy', want a group of fundamental Wahhabi extremists to take over because Assad is such a bad guy.

Tell me again how it would benefit Assad toi kill 70 civilians with chemical weapons...?

The media is now showing footage of a little girl pleading for the war to stop, to justify going to war there.

You are quite clearly a troll so unless you make some sort of sense or show that you have at least a reasonable understanding of the situation. you are not worth one more iota of energy.

Dude, only someone who has it can use it. Motive and opportunity. It's always the same. Find who has those and you solve the crime.

Remember the story about Iraqi soldiers yanking babies from incubators in Kuwait? It was pure bullshit, made up to justify war. A time honoured tactic. It worked then, all kind of "assholes" fell for it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Why don't you tell us who has it then. I have stated that you, me, the international intelligence community and anyone for that matter, could never know for sure who definitely does not have it.

Who used it, now that is a different story.

The first question is always, who benefits.

The least likely person to fall into that category is Assad.

It is quite clear from the last several years that Assad, like most dictators and despots, do not give a fuck about his own people. There have been leaders like this going back several decades. He has and he will kill those he thinks are against his regime. Saddam was the same way. Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Pol Pot, the Kims of North Korea, the list goes on.

Lest we forget where Assad got most of his chemical weapons from.... Saddam Hussein, ahead of the Gulf War to hide them from us.

:S

LOL,

Assad is supported by his people. That is clear. It is also the number one reason he is winning.

war hawks are fuming.

You are just spitting out the stuff the news told you to say, because that is all you have.

The most bewildering thing about your rhetoric, is you fail to see the
failures of those pointing the finger.

Remember, 15 years of war and turmoil in the middle east, $trillions and no successes. None.

Just hundreds of thousands dead, millions displaced and now you have ISIS, refugee crisis, ruined countries.

And Assad is the evil guy.

well done idiots.

Fuck off.

Assad is supported by his people. That is clear.

Assad is supported by his ethnic group, and those who have cast their lot in with it. He would be on the losing end of a slow war of attrition, but for Russian intervention. Russian intervention on Assad's side has been stronger than western intervention on behalf of the mishmash of groups opposing him.

Assad is winning largely because his opposition is divided and ineffective, and because of Russian support. I'm paying attention, you can't fool me with your anti-west propaganda garbage.

gowlerk

Assad is supported by his people. That is clear.

Assad is supported by his ethnic group, and those who have cast their lot in with it. He would be on the losing end of a slow war of attrition, but for Russian intervention. Russian intervention on Assad's side has been stronger than western intervention on behalf of the mishmash of groups opposing him.

Assad is winning largely because his opposition is divided and ineffective, and because of Russian support. I'm paying attention, you can't fool me with your anti-west propaganda garbage.

BAM! That's exactly it.

NOW.... Roy, check this out: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-military-officials-syrian-aircraft-dropped-chemical-weapons-on-civilians/ar-BBzuEVu?li=BBnb7Kz

BAM! There it is.

Oh and by the way... Saddam Hussein was not supported by all of Iraq, only the Sunnis supported him. He killed thousands of Iraqi Shiites as well as Kurds. Assad is pretty much the same way. Open your fucking eyes Roy.

Royreader8812

Why not? You answered a question that not even the UN investigators know, as far as I can see.

Were you planning to either back up or back down from your statement about "The resulting investigation finding without doubt that the chemical weapons were in fact used by the rebels themselves"?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Considering Trump is weighing military options I think everyone should listen to what Royreader has to say not because he's putting together a good argument but that we absolutely can't go into a situation again chasing WMD accusations just to leave another part of the Middle East in a power vacuum with Islamic Extremists lurking in the periphery.

For fucks sake let's not do that again.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Royreader8812

Well, what I would like is a thorough independent investigation to determine that.

You're a tool. Everyone knows where those chemical weapons came from. They are Syrian. Stop pretending otherwise.

The question we should be asking is what were Russians doing at the airfield where Syria launched it's chemical weapons attack.

Didn't Putin promise to eliminate chemical weapons from Syria in 2013? Is Putin incompetent, or was he a cynical liar that supports dictators using chemical weapons against its' own people.

Where do you stand on that?

DJL

Considering Trump is weighing military options I think everyone should listen to what Royreader has to say not because he's putting together a good argument but that we absolutely can't go into a situation again chasing WMD accusations just to leave another part of the Middle East in a power vacuum with Islamic Extremists lurking in the periphery.

That ship sailed a long time ago.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

nolhtairt

Lest we forget where Assad got most of his chemical weapons from.... Saddam Hussein, ahead of the Gulf War to hide them from us.

There's no evidence supporting that claim, as Syria had its own manufacturing program, and all reasonable evidence supported the claim by Hussein all along that his chemical weapons program was long ago abandoned.

Lawndarter

There's no evidence supporting that claim, as Syria had its own manufacturing program, and all reasonable evidence supported the claim by Hussein all along that his chemical weapons program was long ago abandoned.

Yup that notion sits in the vaguest realms of theory. There were convoys and airplane leaving Iraq before the US invasion, the truth is that Syria already had one of the world's largest stockpiles of chemical weapons. Anything coming in from Iraq is a moot point.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

airdvr

***Considering Trump is weighing military options I think everyone should listen to what Royreader has to say not because he's putting together a good argument but that we absolutely can't go into a situation again chasing WMD accusations just to leave another part of the Middle East in a power vacuum with Islamic Extremists lurking in the periphery.

That ship sailed a long time ago.

Agree. IMO royreader is a tool of Putin's ideology. IMO it was Putin that either ordered or suggested the gas attack. The Syrian air force is a mere shadow of anything it used to be. It cannot operate whatsoever without Russian support and Russian pilots. Daily flights from Russia arrive with the needed parts for helicopters and the few remaining attack aircraft.

A week ago President Trump stated that it was hands off on Syria. On Tuesday it was clear that Assad could remain. Russia had guaranteed that Assad had removed all gas weapons as part of the deal with Obama. The deal that arose when the "Red Line" was broken from the last Syrian gas attack. So why would Assad use gas? Russians were at that airfield and knew about the attack. Assad was winning on the battlefield. The preliminary preparations are already underway for an attack by Kurdish forces, led and supported by US marines on the capital of the IS state,Raqqa. An attack thats likely to start as soon an Iraq forces finish off IS in Mosul.

The only answer is Russia. Putin wanted to test President Trump.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-fumbles-putin-quietly-prepares-invade-his-neighbors-578565

The cynical side of me says that President Trump saw his polls and support slipping. That nothing rally's support of a nation like war or a military action. But I believe President Trump and the statements he made for the motivations for the attack.

The biggest mistake Obama made in his presidency was failing to respond to the "Red Line" he made in Syria. In his defense he wanted the avoid the costly military entanglements that the US had over the previous 15 years. Avoid the deaths of young US service personnel. His extreme caution was exactly what Trump stated again and again as a citizen and as a president candidate. To say out of foreign wars. Where the US has no pressing national interest.

President Trump sent an appropriate, directed response to several countries. First the response was to Putin who ordered the attack. To Assad who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. To Iran whose proxy forces in the Quds militias,the Hezbollah militias in Syria and Lebanon. Are the main fighters in Syria and support fighters in Iraq.

Then he sent a message to North Korea that he means business in the upcoming discussions over its missile program. A response to Kim of North Korea who fired off a missile on the eve of President Trump's meeting with the Chinese leader. Trump responded to that insult as well.

Naturally there was confusion and disjointed messages from President Trump. Tillerson said that this was a one off response. President Trump said that he wanted to work with allies to solve the Syria problems.

Clearly this goes counter to everything that bannon thinks and lives for. Clearly the appropriateness of the response is due to the superb military leaders that Trump has surrounded himself with.

Russia has responded by suspending the air defense cooperation agreement in Syria. It seems to have confidence in its S-400 and S-500 SAM systems. Israel has launched 1/2 dozen attacks on Syria already, with impunity. In the face of S-400 systems. They use SPICE standoff glide bombs. The USAF has a similar system. The US can attack anywhere in Syria with impunity without overflight by any aircrew.

I accept the 5% boost that President Trump will likely get in the next two weeks. I applaud the removal of the idiot bannon from the inner circle. Some of Trumps supporters may question this action.

President Trump got this one right. I applaud him for it as long as he doesn't lean on the military too much. The military is but a tool of the political. Without political leadership the military is but a wrench without a job to fix.

It isn't certain if Assad or Putin wanted this chemical attack, but what is certain is Russia promised to remove all chemical weapons from Syria in 2013 and they failed to do that.

Russia under Putin could do the world some good by helping to get rid of those chemical weapons and broker a political end to the civil war in Syria. Unfortunately doing good doesn't seem to be in Putin's character. And (many) Russians in that country are too afraid stand up to him and instead are content to be subjects of a mafia-boss run country.