2 2
billvon

Russiagate

It's pretty clear that Giuliani is doing his best to take the place of Roy Cohn in Trump's life. Trump has been missing his viscous bulldog mouthpiece and looking for a replacement for decades.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

yoink

Now he's saying it should have been? Well that's good I guess, because it is being.

Of course it should be investigated, but only by a team that has no democrats in it. Only a team purely made up of Republicans can be truly unbiased. Unless they're Republicans who didn't support Trump in the Primaries, those guys are totally corrupt shills for the Dems. Trumpeteers from top to bottom, that's the only way it can be fair.

Believe me, folks...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Now he's saying it should have been? Well that's good I guess, because it is being.

Of course it should be investigated, but only by a team that has no democrats in it. Only a team purely made up of Republicans can be truly unbiased. Unless they're Republicans who didn't support Trump in the Primaries, those guys are totally corrupt shills for the Dems. Trumpeteers from top to bottom, that's the only way it can be fair.

Believe me, folks...

Well, what needs to be investigated is "Crooked Hillary." Not Trump.

Because, after all, Hillary hasn't been investigated enough.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I thought there wasn't any interference?
Or was it that the interference didn't matter so shouldn't be investigated?
Now he's saying it should have been?

Of course. But only with respect to the other guys. Not his guy.

And while Giuliani used to maintain that Trump has not been obstructing justice, he is now claiming that obstruction of justice is OK because presidents are allowed to do that.

=======
GIULIANI: The president has complete discretion to fire anybody he wants.

CUOMO: What about corrupt intent?

GIULIANI: Doesn't apply.

CUOMO: Why not?

GIULIANI: There's no evidence of that.

CUOMO: You don't think a president can obstruct justice?

GIULIANI: He can.
========

Let's all imagine what the right wingers here would have done if, during the dozen or so Hillary Clinton investigation, someone on Obama's team said "well, Obama can obstruct justice if he wants to in this case."

I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got” - Rep. Trey Gowdy (R, SC), Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, Tuesday, during an interview on Fox News.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Mueller widens his obstruction of justice probe. It looks like Trump tried very hard to get Sessions back in charge of the Russiagate inquiry so he could derail the investigation.

It is worth remembering that Nixon did not go down for his crimes - he went down for his attempts to obstruct justice when those crimes were investigated.

=====================
Trump Asked Sessions to Retain Control of Russia Inquiry After His Recusal

By Michael S. Schmidt and Julie Hirschfeld Davis NYT
May 29, 2018

WASHINGTON — By the time Attorney General Jeff Sessions arrived at President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort for dinner one Saturday evening in March 2017, he had been receiving the presidential silent treatment for two days. Mr. Sessions had flown to Florida because Mr. Trump was refusing to take his calls about a pressing decision on his travel ban.

When they met, Mr. Trump was ready to talk — but not about the travel ban. His grievance was with Mr. Sessions: The president objected to his decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. Mr. Trump, who had told aides that he needed a loyalist overseeing the inquiry, berated Mr. Sessions and told him he should reverse his decision, an unusual and potentially inappropriate request.

Mr. Sessions refused.

The confrontation, which has not been previously reported, is being investigated by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, as are the president’s public and private attacks on Mr. Sessions and efforts to get him to resign. Mr. Trump dwelled on the recusal for months, according to confidants and current and former administration officials who described his behavior toward the attorney general.

The special counsel’s interest demonstrates Mr. Sessions’s overlooked role as a key witness in the investigation into whether Mr. Trump tried to obstruct the inquiry itself. It also suggests that the obstruction investigation is broader than it is widely understood to be — encompassing not only the president’s interactions with and firing of the former F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, but also his relationship with Mr. Sessions.

. . . experts said they could think of no instance in which a prosecutor stepped aside from a case in circumstances similar to Mr. Sessions’s. Justice Department guidelines on recusal are in place to prevent the sort of political meddling the president tried to engage in, they said.

“It’s yet more behavior that tramples on the line between law and politics,” said Samuel W. Buell, a professor of law at Duke University and former federal prosecutor.

==================

rushmc

***So Trump's unmasking conspiracy was bogus.
The phone tapping conspiracy was bogus.
The dossier conspiracy was bogus.
The FBI lied to FISA conspiracy was bogus.
Spygate was bogus.

What will be the next bogus conspiracy that Marc will believe?

Everything you just posted is a damned lie!

On Fox News, of all places, Trump’s ‘spy’ claim was debunked by GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy and even Judge Napolitano. Anchor Shepard Smith said there is NO evidence to support Trump's claims.

So Fox anchor Shepard Smith , Rep. Gowdy and "Judge" Napolitano are all liars in Marc's Looking Glass World.

From FOX News:

"President Trump is accusing the Special Counsel and its team of a new set of conspiracy theories. Unfounded, not based in fact or reason, with no evidence to support them. The president says that Robert Mueller and his team are meddling in the mid-terms. There's nothing to support that claim and neither the President nor the White House has offered anything to support that claim. . . .

The so-called rigged Russia witch hunt is not a witch hunt. It resulted in charges against four former Trump associates. Three pleaded guilty to lying about Russia. The president said the Feds spied on his campaign with an informant. The president calls it 'Spygate.' Fox News knows of no evidence to support the president's claim that lawmakers from both parties said using an informant to investigate suspected ties to Russia is not spying. It's part of the normal investigative process."

I think there's going to be a lot of wilting in the Trumpies tonight. I expect we won't see RushMC posting here for a while as he licks his wounds.

But of course Pizzagate 3.0 is probably right around the corner. Maybe it's that Hillary Clinton was the REAL Russian agent that Trump Jr met with! Or that Kim Kardashian has proof that the Kim Jung Woo meeting failure was a Russian plot by the Democrats. It will be fun, whatever it is.

If FOX is abandoning Trump like that it can only that they have decided he is no longer larger than the R party. That he is becoming too much of an albatross around the neck of conservatism. There will likely be a viscous nomination fight if he doesn't drop out of the 2020 race. He can probably win that fight, but the cost will be very high.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Tweet today:

"Not that it matters but I never fired James Comey because of Russia! The Corrupt Mainstream Media loves to keep pushing that narrative, but they know it is not true!"

Which echoes what he said in April:

"Slippery James Comey, the worst FBI Director in history, was not fired because of the phony Russia investigation where, by the way, there was NO COLLUSION (except by the Dems)!"

But this is what he said a year ago:

"And, in fact, when I decided to just [fire Comey] I said to myself, I said: 'You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won.'"

And today we have this:

===============
McCabe memo: Trump asked Rosenstein to mention Russia in Comey firing
KEVIN JOHNSON | USA TODAY | 13 hours ago

WASHINGTON — Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe authored a memo claiming that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said President Trump asked him to refer to the Russia investigation as a reason for recommending the dismissal of FBI Director James Comey, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday.

McCabe documented the conversation with Rosenstein, fearing that the deputy attorney general may have provided Trump cover for the abrupt dismissal of Comey. At that time, Comey was overseeing the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, said the source, who is not authorized to speak publicly about the matter.. . .

The source said the memo has since been turned over to Justice Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who was appointed to manage the investigation last year following Attorney General Jeff Sessions' decision to recuse himself.
================

So many lies, so little time. No wonder he's up over 3000 proven lies in his presidency so far; he's even contradicting himself.

billvon

So many lies, so little time. No wonder he's up over 3000 proven lies in his presidency so far; he's even contradicting himself.

But in the Looking Glass World of Trump's base it's possible to believe 6 impossible things before breakfast.

gowlerk

If FOX is abandoning Trump like that it can only that they have decided he is no longer larger than the R party. That he is becoming too much of an albatross around the neck of conservatism. There will likely be a viscous nomination fight if he doesn't drop out of the 2020 race. He can probably win that fight, but the cost will be very high.

I love watching you guys get all giddy and making things up!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You're very welcome Marc. I do it just for you. Everything I post here is for your amusement.

gowlerk

You're very welcome Marc. I do it just for you. Everything I post here is for your amusement.

It's not just you!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***If FOX is abandoning Trump like that it can only that they have decided he is no longer larger than the R party. That he is becoming too much of an albatross around the neck of conservatism. There will likely be a viscous nomination fight if he doesn't drop out of the 2020 race. He can probably win that fight, but the cost will be very high.

So now Trey Gowdy and Judge Napolitano are "making things up" too.

>So now Trey Gowdy and Judge Napolitano are "making things up" too.

So now FOX News, Gowdy, Napolitano, and GOP senators Shelby, Murkowski, Flake, McCain, Grassley, Collins and Sasse are liberal liars.

Why can't more people be honest centrists, like RushMC, Sean Hannity and Alex Jones?

billvon

>So now Trey Gowdy and Judge Napolitano are "making things up" too.

So now FOX News, Gowdy, Napolitano, and GOP senators Shelby, Murkowski, Flake, McCain, Grassley, Collins and Sasse are liberal liars.

Why can't more people be honest centrists, like RushMC, Sean Hannity and Alex Jones?

And Steve Bannon, President Putin, Donald trump. Marc is in famous company!!!!!!!

double-exclamation-mark.png

One of the questions that Mueller is now trying to answer - how far did Trump go in trying to hide his collusion with the Russians? Was he really a clueless, out-of-the-loop leader who bears no responsibility for the fabrications, or was he one of the architects of the cover-up? The clearest instance of this so far has been the long series of lies about his team's meeting with a Russian intelligence agent offering dirt on Clinton, and specifically Trump Jr's statement about how it was just about helping adopt Russian children.

What Trump and his lawyers have said so far:

Sekulow 7/12/17: "That was written, no that was written by Donald Trump Jr. and I'm sure with consultation with his lawyer. That wasn't written by the president. . . .The president didn't sign off on anything. He was coming back from the G20. The statement that was released Saturday was released by Donald Trump Jr., I'm sure in consultation with his lawyers. The President wasn't involved in that."

Sekulow, 7/16/17: "The President was not — did not — draft the response. The response came from Donald Trump Jr. and — I'm sure — in consultation with his lawyer. ... Let me say this — but I do want to be clear — that the President was not involved in the drafting of the statement and did not issue the statement. It came from Donald Trump Jr.
Sekulow]

Sekulow, 7/31/17: "Apart from being of no consequence, the characterizations [that he wrote the response] are misinformed, inaccurate, and not pertinent."

Sanders, 8/1/17: "He certainly didn't dictate, but he -- like I said, he weighed in, offered suggestion like any father would do."

You all know what's coming next.

Recently his lawyers sent a letter to Mueller. "You have received all of the notes, communications and testimony indicating that the President dictated a short but accurate response to the New York Times article on behalf of his son, Donald Trump, Jr."

So he did write it.

Does this administration ever tell the truth about _anything?_

No commentary on this one needed.

==========
Giuliani says Trump shouldn't testify because 'our recollection keeps changing'

By Maegan Vazquez, CNN

Sun June 3, 2018

Washington (CNN) - President Donald Trump's lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said Sunday that the President should not testify before special counsel Robert Mueller because "our recollection keeps changing."
==========

So, Marc, which of these Trumpish claims is the truth ?

1. (a) Trump knew nothing about the Trump Jr memo, or (b)Trump drafted the memo?

2. (a)Trump groped pussy of other mens' wives, or (b) Trump never did?

3 (a) Trump entered the Miss Universe changing rooms uninvited, or (b) he did not?

4. (a) Trump knew nothing of the Stormy Daniels payments, or (b) Trump reimbursed Cohen.

5 (a) Trump said of Papadopoulos "He's an excellent guy", or (b) just a guy who fetched coffee.

6 (a) Trump said Comey was not fired because of the "phony Russia investigation.”, or (b) Comey WAS fired on account of the Russia investigation.

Your take on Trump's contradictory positions on these will be instructive.

What difference should it make because now trump has received the legal council that he can pardon himself anyway!

Marc and Ron can celebrate and give thanks.
Possibility of Trump pardoning himself sparks GOP pushback
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/390467-possibility-of-trump-pardoning-himself-sparks-pushback-from-gop

And this afternoon's development:

Giuliani announces that Trump could shoot and kill Comey and not be prosecuted for it.

This is not a joke.

I wonder what it would take for Trump supporters to give a shit about the US Constitution? (I mean, other than a democrat doing something he doesn't like.)