2 2
billvon

Russiagate

You guys sure do love finding ways to feel like the victim don't you?

Democrats have stopped the Republican majority Intelligence Committee from releasing a memo which claims the Republican led FBI tried to swing the election for the Democrats by illegally tapping Trump's phones, and without the phone tap info you wouldn't have the Republican instituted and Republican led Special Investigation into Trump which is really nothing but a pro-Democrat conspiracy....

Sure thing cupcake, it makes perfect sense. Everyone's out to get you :D

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The only info I've found on a vote in the committee was to release it only to House members; Nothing about a vote to make it public. Here it the membership I've found:

House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence

Majority
Devin Nunes, Chairman R
Mike Conaway R
Peter King R
Frank LoBiondo R
Tom Rooney R
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen R
Michael Turner R
Brad Wenstrup R
Chris Stewart R
Rick Crawford R
Trey Gowdy R
Elise Stefanik R
Will Hurd R

Minority
Adam Schiff, Ranking Member D
Jim Himes D
Terri Sewell D
Andre Carson D
Jackie Speier D
Mike Quigley D
Eric Swalwell D
Joaquin Castro D
Denny Heck D

It is difficult to see how the minority could stop the release.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Victim? You have a delusionary view of things. I'm just waiting for the truth to come out. Something you guys haven't figured out yet.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I'm just waiting for the truth to come out.

It has been. We now know the truth about the meeting that Trump Jr had with Russians who offered dirt on Hillary Clinton. He loved it! And we now know for a fact that administration officials lied about their dealings with Russia; one has already confessed to the crime, and two others have been arrested. We know that Trump's chief strategist has described Trump's team as treasonous and unpatriotic.

Bet you can't wait for the next arrest/indictment/confession/other truths.

The Intercept: Republicans Have Four Easy Ways to #ReleaseTheMemo — and the Evidence for It.

1. Trump can declassify anything he wants.

2. The House (and Senate) intelligence committees can declassify any material they possess.

3. The Constitution protects members of Congress from prosecution for “any speech or debate in either House.”
(What Mike gavel did with the Pentagon Papers)

4. Republicans can leak everything to the news media.

Article: https://theintercept.com/2018/01/19/republicans-have-four-easy-ways-to-releasethememo-and-the-evidence-for-it-not-doing-so-will-prove-them-to-be-shameless-frauds/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>#release the memo
=================================
Russian Networks Pushing #ReleaseTheMemo Meme
Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations are pushing a conservative meme related to the investigation of Russian election interference, researchers say.

By Associated Press 19 January 2018

WASHINGTON (AP) — Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations are pushing a conservative meme related to the investigation of Russian election interference, researchers say.

The purported Russian activity involves the hashtag #ReleaseTheMemo, a reference to a secret congressional report about President Donald Trump’s allegations that he was wiretapped by the Obama administration. A group that tracks Russian-linked social media influence campaigns says the volume of Russian-related #ReleaseTheMemo traffic represents the most coordinated such effort since their website launched in early August.

“I’ve never seen any single hashtag that has had this amount of activity behind it,” said Bret Schafer, an analyst who helps runs the Hamilton 68 dashboard , a project with the Alliance for Securing Democracy at the German Marshall Fund. It tracks about 600 accounts that it says are tied to Russian-sponsored influence and disinformation campaigns; most of those accounts were promoting the same meme Friday.
==================================

rushmc

Victim?

Yes. Everyone's out to get you, all the time. Even people in your own party are part of a vast conspiracy to destroy your party.

I'm just waiting for the truth to come out. Something you guys haven't figured out yet.

And somehow you know that the partisan Nunes memo is the truth and the Mueller investigation is a lie, even though you don't know the contents of either one. You're right, I can't figure that out.

rushmc

Not important...

I guess, not important enough that all Democrats on the committee voted not to release it.

#release the memo.

Which doesn't matter, since the Rs hold the majority. They could have already released it if they wanted to. They could have also given it to the FBI to start correcting any issues that might be there. They have also refused to do that.

SkyDekker

***Not important...

I guess, not important enough that all Democrats on the committee voted not to release it.

#release the memo.

Which doesn't matter, since the Rs hold the majority. They could have already released it if they wanted to. They could have also given it to the FBI to start correcting any issues that might be there. They have also refused to do that.

Well, as I noted over in the "Government Shutdown" thread (and was called both "uneducated" and "retarded" for), it's absolutely amazing how poor the R leadership is.

They hold the majority in both houses, plus the White House.

And the Ds are so cunning and powerful that they are able to thwart the Rs at every turn.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Well, if Nunes releases the memo to the FBI, and it's full of lies and misinformation, then wouldn't that be "lying to the FBI"?

Obviously, he doesn't want to do that.

:P

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

For crying out loud. It doesn’t matter a whit if a memo exist or what it says. The investigation is into the Trump campaign. What do you think? Maybe he can get off on a technicality? Keep your eyes on the ball.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

OMG! There's a secret memo that Nunes wrote, that Nunes won't release, that Nunes says describes abuses by the intelligence community! And the Russians really, really want it released!

Well, I didn't want to mention this, but I wrote a secret memo that shows that Trump is 100% GUILTY of colluding with Russians to both win the election and get more golden showers. Why won't the Republicans release it? What are they hiding? #RELEASETHEGOLDENSHOWERMEMO!

billvon

Well, I didn't want to mention this, but I wrote a secret memo that shows that Trump is 100% GUILTY of colluding with Russians to both win the election and get more golden showers. Why won't the Republicans release it? What are they hiding? #RELEASETHEGOLDENSHOWERMEMO!

Or at least leak it.:|

ryoder

Or at least leak it.:|

The sad part of this post is so many of you really do believe it.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

The sad part of this post is so many of you really do believe it.

You're supposed to talk about yourself in the third person, Marc - not the second.

But yeah, it really is sad that you believe the official investigation called for by the Trump appointed republican deputy AG and led by the republican Mueller is simply a democrat conspiracy, but the partisan memo written by Nunes with no oversight whatsoever is definitely the truth.

jakee

***The sad part of this post is so many of you really do believe it.

You're supposed to talk about yourself in the third person, Marc - not the second.

But yeah, it really is sad that you believe the official investigation called for by the Trump appointed republican deputy AG and led by the republican Mueller is simply a democrat conspiracy, but the partisan memo written by Nunes with no oversight whatsoever is definitely the truth.

You really need to expand where you get your news from....
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******The sad part of this post is so many of you really do believe it.

You really need to expand where you get your news from....
What is the news source that's telling you the investigation started by the Trump administration and conducted by a registered republican is all part of a democrat conspiracy?