2 2
billvon

Russiagate

gowlerk

***I love this thread! It's going to be so much fun coming here in the near future.

You keep saying that. You must know something everyone else doesn't. Let me guess, you watched Hannity and he told you the secret?

No, silly.

The White House has said that this should all be wrapped up "soon".

WH counsel Ty Cobb:

"There's no reason for it not to conclude soon," Cobb said. "Soon to me would be in the next four to six weeks."

So it will all be 'wrapped up', Trump will be exonerated, Mueller will get fired, the Rs will take the mid-terms with a "fillibuster proof" majority...

And pigs will fly.

:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

We're gonna need a metric shit ton of winter coats sent to hell soon too.

Yes, you will...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******He won't testify. His lawyers will not let him. Nothing to gain and to big a chance of getting caught in a process crime that is unrelated.
IMO

Holy crap that's some amazing progress you've just made. So we're clear, do you think that Trump has already committed process crimes trying to quash this investigation, or that he would lie under oath if Mueller was able to interview him?

I've seen you been going to Bill School of Mister Twister.

No that's not what I'm saying at all. There's many documented situations where people have gone in completely innocent and got caught up because their memory can't remember exactly what's happened 20 years ago or 5 years ago or 3 years ago and remember what they said. And then they nailed him on the differences of what they said. And it has nothing to do with what is being investigated.

I wish you guys would grow up and at least talk about things honestly!

If he hasn't done anything wrong, why does he keep trying to fire people investigating him....

> It's going to be so much fun coming here in the near future.

Yep. You keep saying that.

You said that back in the beginning of 2017. Then Flynn resigned after he lied about his inappropriate contacts with the Russians on behalf of Trump.

You said that back in the spring of 2017. Then Trump fired Comey because he wouldn't pledge his loyalty to Trump, and refused to dismiss the investigation into his Russian collusion.

You said that in the summer. Then it was revealed that Trump Jr was offered dirt on Hillary Clinton by the Russians, to which he replied "I love it!" before meeting with them.

You said that in the fall. Trump's lawyer said the investigation would be over around Thanksgiving. Then what do you know? Manafort and Gates are arrested, both in connection with their Russian affairs.

Then Trump's laywer said it would be over by Christmas. And then it was announced that not only had Papadopoulous been arrested, but he had pled guilty to (among other things) not disclosing his contacts which are "understood to have substantial ties to Russian government officials."

Then Flynn was arrested for lying about his Russian contacts while part of Trump's team. And (sorry, this is going to upset you) he agreed to cooperate fully with the FBI's investigation into Trump's Russian misdeeds.

And here it is, 2018, and the investigation is gaining steam. It was just revealed that Trump ordered Mueller fired to try to sabotage the investigation, which puts him squarely in the "obstruction of justice" category. His lawyers are lining up the tricks they will use to shelter him from the coming subpoenas. And the one thing they can all agree on is "for God's sake, DON'T let Trump talk to anyone under oath! He might slip up and tell the truth!"

So yes, it will be fun here. I am especially looking forward to seeing you squirm, twist and deflect after the next indictments come down.

rushmc

I love this thread! It's going to be so much fun coming here in the near future.

Please define 'near future'.

Tell you what - I'll do it for you.

If this shit is still ongoing after the next month I'll come back and ridicule you mercilessly. How's that?

If it's over, with Trump and all his cronies cleared and the whole thing proven to be a 'nothingburger' as you say I'll apologise profusely and buy you a case of beer.

billvon

And here it is, 2018, and the investigation is gaining steam. It was just revealed that Trump ordered Mueller fired to try to sabotage the investigation, which puts him squarely in the "obstruction of justice" category. His lawyers are lining up the tricks they will use to shelter him from the coming subpoenas. And the one thing they can all agree on is "for God's sake, DON'T let Trump talk to anyone under oath! He might slip up and tell the truth!"

Here's a fun thought (courtesy of "Washington Week" on PBS):

How many WH staff members has Trump shot off his mouth to about this (firing Mueller)?
Bragging, casual comments, stuff that was overheard?

There have been something like 20+ staff members interviewed by Mueller and his crew.

How many of them can (did) testify about Trump's comments about Mueller? Testimony that would support an obstruction charge?

How much of that will Trump be able to remember? Will he be able to remember how many people were told "what"?
Without a solid grasp of what the truth is, lying successfully is difficult. Often impossible.

There was a comment made about "process crimes" and 'gotcha convictions' based on trapping people in lies because of faulty memories.

This is just a bit different.

This would be obstruction, and if Trump denies it (presuming multiple staffers told the same story), then it would be perjury.
Not "bad memories", but deliberate, intentional lying under oath.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Still no evidence of trump Russian collusion. And then you have a t
post like this. Again, I look forward to the next few weeks and you guys posting on this thread
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

***I love this thread! It's going to be so much fun coming here in the near future.

If this shit is still ongoing after the next month I'll come back and ridicule you mercilessly. How's that?

If it's over, with Trump and all his cronies cleared and the whole thing proven to be a 'nothingburger' as you say I'll apologise profusely and buy you a case of beer.

I like Negra Modelo
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******I love this thread! It's going to be so much fun coming here in the near future.

I like Negra Modelo

No problem.

One month.

yoink

*********I love this thread! It's going to be so much fun coming here in the near future.

I like Negra Modelo

No problem.

One month.

You and I both know it will not be "over" to the degree you point to here. But, things will be much more clear by that time IMO.
Abraham Lincoln

Oh, and by the way, hassling me mercilessly would just be another day in Speakers Corner for me.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Holy shit that man! Did Mueller get fired?

The intent to fire is enough for obstruction. Trying and not being succesful can often be a crime. Like trying to kill somebody.

Since you said you have many more braincells than I do, I would suggest using a few of them and just do some reading.

SkyDekker

***Holy shit that man! Did Mueller get fired?

The intent to fire is enough for obstruction. Trying and not being succesful can often be a crime. Like trying to kill somebody.

Since you said you have many more braincells than I do, I would suggest using a few of them and just do some reading.

Wow

I have not seen a post that delusional in years
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Holy shit that man! Did Mueller get fired?

Wow

I have not seen the post that delusional in years

Indeed, it's obvious that you don't read what you write.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

*********Holy shit that man! Did Mueller get fired?

Wow

I have not seen the post that delusional in years

Indeed, it's obvious that you don't read what you write.

Your ticket for speeding is coming in the mail someone told us you intended to speed.
Abraham Lincoln

Your dismissal of criminal intent is laughable.
We're going to need to release all the convicted felons in prison for intent to murder using your "logic".
Weed possession with intent to distribute....and numbers of other intent convictions.

"Criminal intent means the intent to do something wrong or forbidden by law. Intent refers to the state of mind accompanying an act especially a forbidden act. It is the outline of the mental pattern which is necessary to do the crime."

Some things you don't realize. First, Trump has the constitutional right to fire Mueller if he would so choose. If he did, then the reason comes into play as to whether or not it's obstruction. If he fired him the investigation would not end. Someone else would take over it. So in the article from The New York Times which has been questioned, he stated in his reasons would be conflict of interest. And there are already proven conflicts of interest with Mueller in this investigation. That would not be obstruction of justice. So there goes your dream
Abraham Lincoln

Your ticket for speeding is coming in the mail someone told us you intended to speed.

He'll have to dispute that ticket or pay it. Just as Trump will have to dispute his potential charges. Don't worry yourself too much. America has a great justice system. The greatest justice system in the world. And Mueller is one of the finest investigators she has. If Trump did nothing wrong he will be fine.

Why are you so concerned about it anyway?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

How can you dispute intent?

It looks like in your world Trump has to prove he did not obstruct or did not collude. It's always fun proving a negative isn't it!
Abraham Lincoln