2 2
billvon

Russiagate

"You're referring of the propensity of people to moderate their views when answering polls and talking to strangers. Most polls have sophisticated quantitative modeling as the basis of the poll. It factors race, incomes, sex, etc. It also factors non responsive answers, hang-ups , etc."

No, I'm referring to people actually lying rather than admitting to unpopular views. And all the sophisticated modeling in the world isn't going to serve as a lie detector. Modeling determines who you ask, not what they really think.

nolhtairt

************Are you enjoying watching this fall apart as much as I am?

At least from a democratic anti-trump perspective.

From a democratic and anti-Trump perspective I'm enjoying watching his and the R party's support plummet like a rock. And elections with strong D turnout.

Did you see the Obama Trump comparison Pole today? Trump's support level is it the exact same level that Obama's was at the same time in his presidency. The Republican support is not dropping it's a democratic delusion that it is

Do you mean this "pole"?
"Gallup poll: Obama is 'most admired man' for the 10th year in a row"

Former President Barack Obama is America’s “most admired man” for the 10th consecutive year, according to new survey data from Gallup.

The annual poll has been taken every year but one since 1946 and asks respondents to name their most admired man and woman, as well as their second choice....

Trump is one of few incumbent presidents who have not been named the most admired among all Americans.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/366561-poll-obama-is-most-admired-man-for-the-10th-year-in-a-row

Or this poll?:
"US president Barack Obama will leave office with an approval rating of 57% according to a survey from the polling firm Gallup taken from Jan. 9-15, 2017. Obama’s exiting approval rating is 23 percentage points higher than former US president George W. Bush’s when he left office, ...

Donald Trump’s favorability rating sits at 40%. This is extremely low for an incoming president—each of the last three presidents entered with favorability ratings above 60%. Upon Trump’s inauguration, the US will move from having a generally well-liked leader to having one that is historically unpopular.
https://qz.com/889644/obamas-approval-rating-from-his-first-day-to-his-last-in-charts/

Underlined and bolded in red... Say what? Did Trump win re-election? :S

?????

of an official or regime) currently holding office.
"the incumbent president had been defeated"
synonyms: current, present, in office, in power; reigning
"the incumbent president

billvon

> Trump's support level is it the exact same level that Obama's was at the same time in his presidency.

So for you 55% = 37%.

I am starting to see why concepts like anthropogenic climate change and smart grid reliability are eluding you.

Real Clear Politics Pole (sic) attached.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Phil1111

***************Are you enjoying watching this fall apart as much as I am?

At least from a democratic anti-trump perspective.

From a democratic and anti-Trump perspective I'm enjoying watching his and the R party's support plummet like a rock. And elections with strong D turnout.

Did you see the Obama Trump comparison Pole today? Trump's support level is it the exact same level that Obama's was at the same time in his presidency. The Republican support is not dropping it's a democratic delusion that it is

Do you mean this "pole"?
"Gallup poll: Obama is 'most admired man' for the 10th year in a row"

Former President Barack Obama is America’s “most admired man” for the 10th consecutive year, according to new survey data from Gallup.

The annual poll has been taken every year but one since 1946 and asks respondents to name their most admired man and woman, as well as their second choice....

Trump is one of few incumbent presidents who have not been named the most admired among all Americans.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/366561-poll-obama-is-most-admired-man-for-the-10th-year-in-a-row

Or this poll?:
"US president Barack Obama will leave office with an approval rating of 57% according to a survey from the polling firm Gallup taken from Jan. 9-15, 2017. Obama’s exiting approval rating is 23 percentage points higher than former US president George W. Bush’s when he left office, ...

Donald Trump’s favorability rating sits at 40%. This is extremely low for an incoming president—each of the last three presidents entered with favorability ratings above 60%. Upon Trump’s inauguration, the US will move from having a generally well-liked leader to having one that is historically unpopular.
https://qz.com/889644/obamas-approval-rating-from-his-first-day-to-his-last-in-charts/

Underlined and bolded in red... Say what? Did Trump win re-election? :S

?????

of an official or regime) currently holding office.
"the incumbent president had been defeated"
synonyms: current, present, in office, in power; reigning
"the incumbent president

Sorry, I worded my query wrong. I meant in the sense that I've only seen the word used when a current official is running for re-election. What I meant to say was "Is he running for re-election?"

So, incumbent means current. Got it. Sorry. Brain fart.

The latest "Steve who?" moment from Trump:

"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. . . Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination"

Quick history of Bannon:
August 2016 - hired as chief executive of Trump's campaign
November 2016 - appointed chief strategist and senior counselor
January 2017 - appointed to the National Security Council's Principals Committee

November 2016, Trump: ""I’ve known Steve Bannon a long time. If I thought he was a racist, or alt-right, or any of the things that we can, you know, the terms we can use, I wouldn’t even think about hiring him."

August 2016, Trump: "I like Mr. Bannon. He's a friend of mine. He's a good person and I think the press treats him, frankly, very unfairly. He is not a racist . . . [he is a] good man."

And some new news today:

Recently uncovered emails describe how Dan Scavino, White House director of social media, was told to get Trump to create a page on a Russian networking site. It also mentions that "Don and Paul" (Trump Jr and Manafort) agreed to this at the now-infamous meeting with the Russians.

So now we have proof that both Manafort and Trump Jr were colluding with the Russians at that meeting to start a Russian social media effort for Trump.

Easy to overlook this new proof of collusion what with all the new allegations of treason from his own staff. It also makes you think all the things remaining to be discovered in the emails that his staff are refusing to hand over.

billvon

And some new news today:

Recently uncovered emails describe how Dan Scavino, White House director of social media, was told to get Trump to create a page on a Russian networking site. It also mentions that "Don and Paul" (Trump Jr and Manafort) agreed to this at the now-infamous meeting with the Russians.

So now we have proof that both Manafort and Trump Jr were colluding with the Russians at that meeting to start a Russian social media effort for Trump.

Easy to overlook this new proof of collusion what with all the new allegations of treason from his own staff. It also makes you think all the things remaining to be discovered in the emails that his staff are refusing to hand over.

It's surprising how tasty a nothingburger can be.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

The latest "Steve who?" moment from Trump:

"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. . . Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination"

Quick history of Bannon:
August 2016 - hired as chief executive of Trump's campaign
November 2016 - appointed chief strategist and senior counselor
January 2017 - appointed to the National Security Council's Principals Committee

November 2016, Trump: ""I’ve known Steve Bannon a long time. If I thought he was a racist, or alt-right, or any of the things that we can, you know, the terms we can use, I wouldn’t even think about hiring him."

August 2016, Trump: "I like Mr. Bannon. He's a friend of mine. He's a good person and I think the press treats him, frankly, very unfairly. He is not a racist . . . [he is a] good man."

My only comment on Bannon is that he is as moronic as the potus, and I wouldn't believe a word he says, either pro- OR anti- Trump
Never try to eat more than you can lift

>My only comment on Bannon is that he is as moronic as the potus, and I wouldn't
>believe a word he says, either pro- OR anti- Trump

Yep. Mueller is definitely going to have his hands full trying to pick out the truth from such a dishonest cast of characters. And what a cast. Bannon? Trump Jr? Scaramucci?

billvon

>My only comment on Bannon is that he is as moronic as the potus, and I wouldn't

Yep. Mueller is definitely going to have his hands full trying to pick out the truth from such a dishonest cast of characters. And what a cast. Bannon? Trump Jr? Scaramucci?

It would be just like Bannon to poison the well since that's been his profession for so long.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

billvon

Oh yeah, the knives are out now. A room full of narcissists and not a truthful word between them all. The interests of the country..., down the road a long time ago while the scent of money was perused.

Calling Marc, there must be something ironic here?

Stumpy

My only comment on Bannon is that he is as moronic as the potus, and I wouldn't believe a word he says, either pro- OR anti- Trump

Whether it's truly what he thinks or not I have no doubt he's only saying it publically out of spite.

However - if you were part of an administration that has somehow mnaged to engineer a situation in which Steve Bannon appears to have a stronger grasp of ethics than you do.... you'd have to be pretty damn embarrassed, right? :D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>I do not recall

I doubt Trump is smart enough for that. All it will take is the prosecutor baiting him a few times before he goes off the rails.

"Look, there is NO COLLUSION! None! What do I have to do to convince you people to stop this investigation into NOTHING? I fired Comey to stop it! Do I have to fire you, too?"

I can certainly see Trump losing his cool and saying something stupid, but he's very experienced with the memory lapse defense during depositions. He used it repeatedly during the Trump University suit, and has used it many times in his many other lawsuits over the years.

- Dan G

DanG

I can certainly see Trump losing his cool and saying something stupid, but he's very experienced with the memory lapse defense during depositions. He used it repeatedly during the Trump University suit, and has used it many times in his many other lawsuits over the years.

His defenses are "I did not do/say that", "that was not the intended outcome of what I said/did (didn't mean that)", "I don't recall the circumstances of that situation". Next, he's the king of manipulating his subordinate into doing sketchy or illegal things and letting them get in trouble for it.

I assume he learned it as a 4-year-old and it's been working ever since.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher