quade

Exclusive: Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam - sources

By Julia Edwards Ainsley, Dustin Volz and Kristina Cooke | WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO

The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.

Emphasis mine.

Source and more:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-extremists-program-exclusiv-idUSKBN15G5VO

Okay, if there was ever an indication of the upcoming Trump version of Kristallnacht, I think this is it.

Holy shit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

By Julia Edwards Ainsley, Dustin Volz and Kristina Cooke | WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO

The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.

Emphasis mine.

Source and more:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-extremists-program-exclusiv-idUSKBN15G5VO

Okay, if there was ever an indication of the upcoming Trump version of Kristallnacht, I think this is it.

Holy shit.

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Explain why you believe it's funny that the Trump administration wants to no longer care about White Supremacist groups.

Seriously. That is a mentally unstable position (his not yours, I assume you think this is just funny without even thinking about it).
quade -

quade

***:D

Explain why you believe it's funny that the Trump administration wants to no longer care about White Supremacist groups.

Seriously. That is a mentally unstable position (his not yours, I assume you think this is just funny without even thinking about it).

4 legs good, 2 legs bad...
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

quade

***:D

What I think is funny is you believing all anti-trump bs you find on the internet:D
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

What I think is funny is you believing all anti-trump bs you find on the internet:D

You literally do not know the difference between a fake and legitimate source of news; do you?
quade -

billvon

>Exclusive: Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam

And yet most terrorism in the US is perpetrated by non-Muslims. Odd.

This is straight up populism. Unfortunately, it will be quite popular if it is allowed to happen. I smell the work of a certain chief strategist here. The Reuters story is not well attributed. Meaning it is from a source who is leaking. I wonder if it is really a leak, or a deliberate trial balloon?

Reuters is reporting on how it plans to deal with the Trump administration the same way it deals with other unfriendly governments in the world. Sad.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-adlertrump-idUSKBN15F276
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

quade

***What I think is funny is you believing all anti-trump bs you find on the internet:D

You literally do not know the difference between a fake and legitimate source of news; do you?

It is this kind of s*** being put out there they got Trump elected. Keep it up Paul, there's 25 Democratic senators vs five coming up in 2 years. I look forward to a filibuster-proof senate
Abraham Lincoln

quade

***What I think is funny is you believing all anti-trump bs you find on the internet:D

I'm picturing Rush's computer screen is nothing but a mess of pop-up clickbait news and Tomi Lahren softcore.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Populists and dictators need enemies like the press, like Muslims, Iran, etc. HRC and Obama won't last much longer.

"When the Order, in a draft form, was mentioned to Mattis in mid-2016, he unsurprisingly was sharply critical of it.[xxv] Mattis noted that the mere proposal was “causing us great damage right now” in the Middle East. Mattis’s 2016 conclusion was consistent with a hundred years of COIN that has taught us that the battle is won by convincing the population to agree with us instead of the insurgents...

In order to find an approach that will work in defending the U.S. against those that do intend to do harm, it is worthwhile to draw polices based on previous experiences in fighting this sort of violence. The Islamic State, due to its ability to inspire individual acts of mayhem in its name, has de facto global reach, including into the U.S. itself. Thus, it is appropriate to base effective homeland defense policies from counterinsurgency lessons drawn from insurgent and counterinsurgent writings. The attitude of Secretary of Defense, James Mattis, who wrote the Small-Unit Leaders’ Guide to Counterinsurgency in 2006, indicates that the administration would be open to a counterinsurgency framework for homeland defense.

To be effective, insurgencies need to disappear into the larger population. In the well-known words of Chairman Mao, the relationship between the people and the insurgents “may be likened to water and the latter to the fish who inhabit it.”[x] In this sense, anti-insurgent measures drawn against the population as a make it easier for insurgents to disappear into the population on the whole.

It follows from Mao’s maxim that effective counterinsurgency needs to separate insurgents from the population as a whole. As T.E. Lawrence, who was an integral part of an Arab insurgency against the Ottoman Empire 100 years ago wrote, "Without the friendship of the tribes, the Turks would own only the ground on which their soldiers stood."[xi]...

A pragmatic alternative to the Order must, in line with COIN principles, be explicitly focused on targeting only the enemies of the United States. This alternative needs to be able to build the trust of those who can provide relevant intelligence about our enemies."
http://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/bringing-coin-to-the-airport-on-the-effectiveness-of-the-%E2%80%9Cmuslim-ban%E2%80%9D

In other words since trump intends to orientate the US against the Shia, against Iran. Wants to frame this as a "think the Judeo-Christian West is on the retreat" war against Islam. Since he has
ignored the recommendations of his secretary of Defense, General Mattis.

See post #7
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4834316;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
as I quoted an article whereby bannon's quotes were attributed to the US fighting wars with China and in the middle-east(presumably Iran). I guess we can add a Christian-Muslim war into the equation.

Meanwhile trump continues with his 70 year behavior whereby he wants to turn every friend into an enemy. Australian media coverage of trump phone call.

"At one point, Mr Trump informed Mr Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladi­mir Putin — and that "this was the worst call by far".

Mr Trump's behaviour suggests that he is capable of subjecting world leaders, including close allies, to a version of the vitriol he frequently employs against political adversaries and news organisations in speeches and on Twitter...

US officials said that Mr Trump had behaved similarly in conversations with leaders of other countries, including Mexico. But his treatment of Mr Turnbull was particularly striking because of the tight bond between the United States and Australia — countries that share intelligence, support one another diplomatically and have fought together in wars, including in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The characterisations provide insight into Mr Trump's temperament and approach to the diplomatic requirements of his job as the nation's chief executive, a role in which he continues to employ both the uncompromising negotiating tactics he honed as a real estate developer and the bombastic style he exhibited as a reality television personality.

The depictions of Mr Trump's calls are also at odds with sanitised White House accounts. The official read-out of his conversation with Mr Turnbull, for example, said that the two had "emphasised the enduring strength and closeness of the US-Australia relationship that is critical for peace, stability, and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region and globally."

A senior administration official acknowledged that the conversation with Mr Turnbull had been hostile and charged, but emphasised that most of Mr Trump's calls with foreign leaders — including the heads of Japan, Germany, France and Russia — have been both productive and pleasant.

Mr Trump also vented anger and touted his political accomplishments in a tense conversation with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, officials said. The two have sparred for months over Mr Trump's vow to force Mexico to pay for construction of a border wall between the two countries, a conflict that prompted President Peña Nieto to cancel a planned meeting with Mr Trump.

Mr Trump told President Peña Nieto in last Friday's call, according to the Associated Press, which said it reviewed a transcript of part of the conversation: "You have a bunch of bad hombres down there. You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

But even in conversations marred by hostile exchanges, Mr Trump manages to work in references to his election accomplishments. US officials said that he used his calls with both Mr Turnbull and Mr Peña Nieto to mention his election win or the size of the crowd at his inauguration.

One official said that it may be Mr Trump's way of "speaking about the mandate he has and why he has the backing for decisions he makes". But Mr Trump is also notoriously thin-skinned and has used platforms including social-media accounts, meetings with lawmakers and even a speech at CIA headquarters to depict his victory as an achievement of historic proportions, rather than a narrow outcome in which his opponent, Hillary Clinton, won the popular vote."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/this-is-the-worst-deal-ever-donald-trump-badgers-and-brags-in-call-with-malcolm-turnbull-20170202-gu3r6u.html

With white supremacists, anarchists, etc. getting a walk from trump. How long is it going to take for the far right to get to work.

What is really a geopolitical struggle between the middle east and the western powers over resources has been allowed to be cast as a struggle between Islam and Christianity. Most Muslims are not from the middle east and largely are not in the fight.

This needs to be seen and settled as a fight for political control of a foreign territory. Because that is what it is. The terrorism aspect of it is just a side effect.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rushmc

******:D

OK - let's turn it hypothetical.

IF this was a real quote, would you be OK with it?

DJL

******What I think is funny is you believing all anti-trump bs you find on the internet:D

I'm picturing Rush's computer screen is nothing but a mess of pop-up clickbait news and Tomi Lahren softcore.

You need to stop using the hard drugs......
Abraham Lincoln

quade

Emphasis mine.

Source and more:

Holy shit.

The bolded statement refers to homegrown terrorism. Isn't that what we have the FBI and ATF and other law enforcement entities to deal with them?

nolhtairt

The bolded statement refers to homegrown terrorism. Isn't that what we have the FBI and ATF and other law enforcement entities to deal with them?

I don't think you understand the program.

https://www.dhs.gov/countering-violent-extremism

The program is currently designed to combat ALL forms of homegrown terrorism and gives support to local law enforcement agencies. In other words, it's an admission by DHS that in order to deal with the issue it can't just be the Feds dealing with it; it has to be all law enforcement all the way down to the city police and even non-government organizations.
quade -