aphid

Prez-Elect's news conference

I took the time today to watch it in it's entirety, live.

That way I can form my opinion(s) exclusively on his words alone, not what somebody else writes, says, or spins.

With all due respect, America, THIS is your spokesman???

(If you missed it, here is one youtube upload of it - link begins just after his introduction by the VP-elect: https://youtu.be/IFjeIJnemJ0?t=342)

aphid

I took the time today to watch it in it's entirety, live.

That way I can form my opinion(s) exclusively on his words alone, not what somebody else writes, says, or spins.

With all due respect, America, THIS is your spokesman???

(If you missed it, here is one youtube upload of it - link begins just after his introduction by the VP-elect: https://youtu.be/IFjeIJnemJ0?t=342)

It is going to be better than what we currently have!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Politics and content aside - Obama tends to be well articulated and if you compare the prose in his speeches they tend to graded at a high level. The pacing, sentence structure, tone inflection, and inflections all score very well. Trump has historically scored very poorly on the same prose scoring systems that are using in debate competitions nationally. He tends to go off script and often repeats words with odd pauses. He score highly in the emotional areas but using most of the commonly accepted Parliamentary Debate scoring methodologies he usually would not even qualify for the debate team at a high school level.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

Politics and content aside - Obama tends to be well articulated and if you compare the prose in his speeches they tend to graded at a high level. The pacing, sentence structure, tone inflection, and inflections all score very well. Trump has historically scored very poorly on the same prose scoring systems that are using in debate competitions nationally. He tends to go off script and often repeats words with odd pauses. He score highly in the emotional areas but using most of the commonly accepted Parliamentary Debate scoring methodologies he usually would not even qualify for the debate team at a high school level.

Obama does fine with a teleprompter.

Otherwise we hear ahh all the time.

And in the end it really does not matter how he or trump speaks

it is what they do I am interested in. And I have seen enough of what Obama THINKS he can do and what he THINKS he has done>:(
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

One of the many disturbing parts that really got me was that CNN reporter Jim Acosta said Sean Spicer, who'll be Trump's press secretary, told him he'd be thrown out if he tried again to get questions in.

I think you are going to see a lot of that. And people like Rush will be cheering it on.

One of the many disturbing parts that really got me was that CNN reporter Jim Acosta said Sean Spicer, who'll be Trump's press secretary, told him he'd be thrown out if he tried again to get questions in.

Why should the press be allowed to ask questions at a press conference? It's not their press conference.

To be fair, I've also never seen an attorney speak at a presidential presser to explain how they will avoid the traps of certain words in laws they plan to violate.

Absolutely the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in American politics.

I expect to repeat that statement at least a few times over the next who knows how long.

Amerikkka will be great. Sad.

I've also never seen an attorney speak at a presidential presser to explain how they will avoid the traps of certain words in laws they plan to violate.

It all depends on what the meaning of "is" is. Or emolients.

It's going to be a long 4 years. [:/]

Don

Did anyone else notice that Trump just accused the US intelligence agencies of intefering with free and fair elections by attempting to sabotage his campaign?

Why is this not the biggest story everywhere right now?:|

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

the file folders was a strange display of fuck-knows-what.... like somehow this validates the moves you must make to separate yourself from conflicts of interest?

It looked like a move an 8th grader would make when trying to impress upon someone how hard they worked on their shitty school paper.

These are the amateur moves of an amateur. He talked like an amateur, he acted like an amateur. Looks like a duck to me.

billvon

>Why is this not the biggest story everywhere right now?

Because everyone knows he's basically full of shit.

O yeah, but making the accusation in the first place? It's fucking insane. He refuses to believe that the Russians would tamper with US elections but he's suggesting that US intelligence agencies attempted to disseminate fake news with the intention of torpedoing his candidacy?

He has to work with these people. From one republican president who rewrote intelligence reports so they said what he wanted to another who doesn't even trust the intelligence agencies not to plot a coup d'etat against him, let alone provide reliable information. What the actual fuck is he going to base his foreign policy decisions on? A ouija board?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>He has to work with these people.

That's the thing. He doesn't. They could give him a report saying that a Al Qaeda attack is imminent, and he can ignore it. Then when the attack happens he can blame them, and tell the public that he was told everything was just fine. And his supporters will lap it up; they'll even blame the media if they dare dispute him based on the actual documents given to him.

billvon

>He has to work with these people.

That's the thing. He doesn't. They could give him a report saying that a Al Qaeda attack is imminent, and he can ignore it. Then when the attack happens he can blame them, and tell the public that he was told everything was just fine. And his supporters will lap it up; they'll even blame the media if they dare dispute him based on the actual documents given to him.

Man, I'd hate to be his food tester.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver