jclalor

Trump refusing his daily intelligence briefings

jclalor

******What in the world is he thinking?

"Booooring"

I'm not sure what's so boring about the subject. The primary job of POTUS is keeping the country safe, I'm not sure why this isn't a bigger issue, it seems indefensible.

You misunderstand me. My reply is what he's probably thinking.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

*********What in the world is he thinking?

"Booooring"

I'm not sure what's so boring about the subject. The primary job of POTUS is keeping the country safe, I'm not sure why this isn't a bigger issue, it seems indefensible.

You misunderstand me. My reply is what he's probably thinking.

Exactly.
Tony Schwartz (the author hired to write "Art of the Deal") found that Trump's attention span was so short that he wouldn't even sit down for an interview. So Tony came up with the alternative idea that he would shadow Trump for 18 months, and write the book based on what he heard and saw.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>What in the world is he thinking?

No need to wonder.

“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things...my primary consultant is myself.”

“I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me.”

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”

"These dummies say, 'Oh, that's a trade war.' Trade war? We're losing $500 billion in trade with China. Who the hell cares if there's a trade war?”

"And you've got to give [KimJong Un] credit. How many young guys — he was like 26 or 25 when his father died — take over these tough generals…. It's incredible. He wiped out the uncle. He wiped out this one, that one. I mean, this guy doesn't play games.”

"I will tell you, in terms of leadership, [Putin] is getting an 'A' "

“I do know what to do and I would know how to bring ISIS to the table or beyond that, defeat ISIS very quickly and I’m not going to tell you what is… All I can tell you it is a foolproof way of winning.”

So why listen the clueless generals when he can call on Putin?

Seems missing the briefings has caused Trump to miss the fact that Patraeus for Sec State would be pretty much impossible without a security clearance, as he has had his pulled for sharing classified information with a mistress.
He's factually ineligible for the clearance and therefore the position.
:S:S:S

normiss

Seems missing the briefings has caused Trump to miss the fact that Patraeus for Sec State would be pretty much impossible without a security clearance, as he has had his pulled for sharing classified information with a mistress.
He's factually ineligible for the clearance and therefore the position.
:S:S:S

That's OK. Trump already knows it all without briefings, so he will just share his brilliant insights with Patraeus.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

piisfish

You can't have Trump and intelligence in the same sentence.

Agreed.
Sharing intelligence with Trump is like sharing the theory of relativity with your dog.:|

ryoder

***You can't have Trump and intelligence in the same sentence.

Agreed.
Sharing intelligence with Trump is like sharing the theory of relativity with your dog.:|

Disagree. At least you know your dog isn't going to start making unfounded and borderline insane tweets about it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

brenthutch

******What in the world is he thinking?

That is the question you ask of the people who voted for him.

What other choice did they have?

Voting for virtually anyone else or even abstaining. They had quite a few options, however, if they voted for Trump, they voted for an unqualified and possibly dangerous person.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver