wmw999

To those who say Trump does what every man does

When it comes to women (eg grabbing, objectifying, etc).

Would you trust him around your wife or daughter? Do you want women to understand that they aren't really equal? :|

And more importantly, is that how you're raising your sons?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Would you trust him around your wife or daughter? Do you want women to understand that they aren't really equal? :|

Wendy P.

I have made my position pretty clear on this.

wmw999

Wendy P.

Talk about negative stereotyping. [:/]

"All men" don't do anything just as "all women" don't do anything beyond basic biological functions.

As for unwanted objectification, unwanted touching, fondling, harassment, rape if it were reported more often people doing those behaviors would eventually stop or be caught/charged. At the same time, if a claim made is proven to be false (higher standard than defendant not guilty) , that person making it should be charged as well.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

***When it comes to women (eg grabbing, objectifying, etc).

Talk about negative stereotyping. [:/]
"All men" don't do anything just as "all women" don't do anything beyond basic biological functions.
As for unwanted objectification, unwanted touching, fondling, harassment, rape if it were reported more often people doing those behaviors would eventually stop or be caught/charged. At the same time, if a claim made is proven to be false (higher standard than defendant not guilty) , that person making it should be charged as well.

To be fair, I don't think she said, "all men." I think she's also addressing the 53% of all white women who voted for Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls/national/president
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

normiss

Shaming women for reporting rape is a very large contributing factor to them not reporting.
We've seen it here in this forum.
"Bimbos making up lies" seems to be one of the main go-to responses when a claim of sexual assault is made.

It definitely can be a factor especially when it comes to famous people as people can question their agenda and/or timing. That doesn't mean it should be tolerated and/or not reported every time.

Eventually math comes into play for both the reporter and the reportee: the more claims over time against a reportee the more likely truthful whereas the more claims over time by a reporter the less likely to be truthful.

One woman I know personally was assaulted by a law enforcement officer and when she attempted to report it to the department they refused to investigate since she was not credible. That is an issue that needs to be addressed. How is this addressed moving forward from today?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

One woman I know personally was assaulted by a law enforcement officer and when she attempted to report it to the department they refused to investigate since she was not credible. That is an issue that needs to be addressed. How is this addressed moving forward from today?

Did she try to report it to the same department or did she go to IA? Not saying it's easy or will be successful on first attempt but still needs to be done. I also know far too numerous women who were assaulted/raped but almost all never reported it. :(

Oh, I don't think all men do that. Some posters said they did. That's why the title is what it is.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

PhreeZone

I am only aware of her attempting to file a police report and it basically being dropped right away due to lack of physical evidence and a He said/she said situation. Why do women not report it?

Look up "Jamis Winston".

2 credible reports of sexual assault that weren't pursued because he was starting quarterback for the Gators.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

PhreeZone

I am only aware of her attempting to file a police report and it basically being dropped right away due to lack of physical evidence and a He said/she said situation. Why do women not report it?

For most, shame. They also think nothing will be done which, in some cases they're right. However, if every harassment, assault, rape were reported that gives police a history to look into when future reports are made against an individual which may lead to more investigation, possible charges, and conviction.

The word of one based on another is extremely hard to prove. The word of one based on multiple others tips the scales in the victims favor.

Should have read "Trump Says what MOST other men say". I can't tell you how many times I've heard guys on the jobsite talking about fucking chicks in the ass, making her take it like a slut ect. Words are words. No harm in it. Just joking around... Unless they actually DO some fucked up shit. That I do not condone.
Muff #5048

wmw999

Wendy P.

I don't think every man does. I think every man has said something similar in their lifetime however. But very few of them have ever done it. I have heard women get just as vulgar amongst themselves too. Have you?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

His children were part of the campaign. They seem to be well adjusted and a benefit to society. Have you seen or heard anything different about them?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I don't think every man does. I think every man has said something similar in their lifetime however. But very few of them have ever done it. I have heard women get just as vulgar amongst themselves too. Have you?

There is a difference between getting vulgar in the hypothetical sense (gee, I'd love to fuck that), and bragging about sexually assaulting random females as an actual fact; something he has done (grab 'em by the pussy).

While I agree both men and women can be extremely vulgar, very few of either brag about sexually assaulting people and being able to get away with it just because they're rich and powerful.
quade -

quade

***I don't think every man does. I think every man has said something similar in their lifetime however. But very few of them have ever done it. I have heard women get just as vulgar amongst themselves too. Have you?

There is a difference between getting vulgar in the hypothetical sense (gee, I'd love to fuck that), and bragging about sexually assaulting random females as an actual fact; something he has done (grab 'em by the pussy).

While I agree both men and women can be extremely vulgar, very few of either brag about sexually assaulting people and being able to get away with it just because they're rich and powerful.

Are you talking about Bill Clinton? Because we know he did.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******I don't think every man does. I think every man has said something similar in their lifetime however. But very few of them have ever done it. I have heard women get just as vulgar amongst themselves too. Have you?

Did he?

You want to show me any proof whatsoever he ever bragged about sexually assaulting women?
quade -

millertime24

Should have read "Trump Says what MOST other men say". I can't tell you how many times I've heard guys on the jobsite talking about fucking chicks in the ass, making her take it like a slut ect. Words are words. No harm in it. Just joking around... Unless they actually DO some fucked up shit. That I do not condone.

Trump wasn' talking about what he wanted to do, he was talking about what he actually does. And now a lot of women have come forward and said 'yeah, he did that'.

Coincidence?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

millertime24

Well, some guys say that type of thing.

But much of that is "Oooohh. Look at her. I want to..." Fantasy. What they'd do if the opportunity arose (with consent, presumably).
Or it's "I was with my girlfriend last night and we..."
Consensual.

Trump was not making comments like either of those.

He was bragging about committing sexual assault. Saying that he actually did these things. And that he could do it and get away with it.

Actually "DOING some fucked up shit" (in your own words).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

quade

*********I don't think every man does. I think every man has said something similar in their lifetime however. But very few of them have ever done it. I have heard women get just as vulgar amongst themselves too. Have you?

Did he?

You want to show me any proof whatsoever he ever bragged about sexually assaulting women?

As the saying goes
Actions speak louder than words.
Abraham Lincoln

quade

***As the saying goes
Actions speak louder than words.

We are specifically talking about the words people have used.

As usual, you have nothing whatsoever to back up your claims.

As usual you avoid the point
Abraham Lincoln