billvon

Trump donor alert

Trump has hit the net with a large $4 million advertising buy to try to fundraise. He is facing a shortfall - among other things, the landlord just raised the rent at his campaign headquarters by a factor of four, and he needs the money. So give, and give until it hurts, because he needs that money to pay off his money-grubbing landlord.

OK. Thanks. Did a search but not using those parameters. Here's the deal from my perspective.

My other half started her Veterinary business 20 years ago. The landlord offered her no cost lease for six months, so she could get up and running financially. She was then tied to a lease based on gross revenues with a cap after a year.

They're called gross leases. He basically subsidized the campaign headquarters till they got money rolling in.

To me, this is a non-issue. Hillary's still got him outspent 2-1.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

OK. Thanks. Did a search but not using those parameters. Here's the deal from my perspective.

My other half started her Veterinary business 20 years ago. The landlord offered her no cost lease for six months, so she could get up and running financially. She was then tied to a lease based on gross revenues with a cap after a year.

They're called gross leases. He basically subsidized the campaign headquarters till they got money rolling in.

To me, this is a non-issue. Hillary's still got him outspent 2-1.

A political campaign is not a business. What your wife does with her gross receipts is her business. Not so much for what Trump does with money he gets from donors. It might be different if he was not leasing from himself.....
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

My other half started her Veterinary business 20 years ago. The landlord offered her no cost lease for six months, so she could get up and running financially.

Sounds like a good deal for her.

But imagine SHE was the landlord and rented to herself for tax reasons. (Also not unheard of.) And further that she increased her own rent, then went to all her friends saying "I really need money or I'm going to lose the business." And since she had good friends, they gave her money, hoping to save her business.

They might not see that as such an honest thing to do - if they found out, that is.

My takeaway:

"It isn't the first time that Trump's campaign has appeared to be working in concert with his business interests. Federal records have shown that Trump had directed almost a fifth of his campaign cash to companies to which he is linked."

Last month, rent hit $169,758, nearly four times what he paid earlier in the spring.

The Clinton campaign is paying $211,750 in rent per month for its Brooklyn headquarters.

Sounds like he's still supplementing his own campaign and the debate is over location (because his corporation owns it).
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

Last month, rent hit $169,758, nearly four times what he paid earlier in the spring.

The Clinton campaign is paying $211,750 in rent per month for its Brooklyn headquarters.

Sounds like he's still supplementing his own campaign and the debate is over location (because his corporation owns it).

Clinton has a much larger staff . The rate at which Trump was charging rent in March was at or slightly below market . Now he is charging at least three times market for that area , from what I have heard . His staff is actually down a bit , but I'm not sure how many actually worked at headquarters versus earlier in the season .

>Sounds like he's still supplementing his own campaign and the debate is over
>location (because his corporation owns it).

Well, no. I don't think anyone cares about location. The debate is over whether it is ethical to tell donors you need money for your campaign, when in fact it is going towards increasing the profits for your business.

BIGUN

You're right. There is no problem with insider business deals. At least not for Republicans. It's just normal for them.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***Last month, rent hit $169,758, nearly four times what he paid earlier in the spring.

You're right. There is no problem with insider business deals. At least not for Republicans. It's just normal for them.

Seriously? If you think it's just a Republican issue, you might delve a little further into the Clinton Foundation.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Mark,

It's how shills work.

If you were to take some of the 'shady' stuff that Trump does, remove all names & then show the 'deal' to his supports; how many of them would condemn it?

His supporters IMO simply do not want to hear the facts about this guy. :S

Jerry Baumchen

Truth.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Seriously? If you think it's just a Republican issue, you might delve a little further into the Clinton Foundation.

Are you kidding? I'm pretty sure that if the Clintons could be shown to be personally profiting from the charitable foundation they manage I would hear no end of it. The Clinton Foundation is a respected charity known for it's good works. Donald Trump is known as a self promoting greedy phony.

But yes, inside dealing does go well beyond the republican party.

Is Trump trying to buy a best seller?

"No other presidential candidate in history has had access to such a vast universe of self-titled business to frequent during their campaign."

That and his son's "do you know how many hotels we have?" comment today- I think I recall hearing that number was zero. Licensing the family name for use on someone else's hotel isn't an asset so far as I understand it.

I'm pretty sure that if the Clintons could be shown to be personally profiting from the charitable foundation they manage I would hear no end of it. The Clinton Foundation is a respected charity known for it's good works.

Wow. That has to one of the most uninformed comments I've heard in the last few days.

BIGUN

I'm pretty sure that if the Clintons could be shown to be personally profiting from the charitable foundation they manage I would hear no end of it. The Clinton Foundation is a respected charity known for it's good works.

Wow. That has to one of the most uninformed comments I've heard in the last few days.

Only in the misuse of an apostrophe in the last sentence. Other than that it's completely true and rock solid.

Prior to the last year when the far right nutbags decided to go off on it, The Clinton Foundation had wide ranging and bi-partisan support. It does, in fact, do good work all around the globe.

This is historically true and is easily googleable.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

BIGUN

Bigun - I didn't think of you as someone who gets most of your information from the popular media.

The Clinton Foundation is a charitable organization that takes donations and uses them for charitable works. These include:

Health. They help 11 million people (including almost a million kids) get HIV/AIDS medication. That's more than half the people in the world with HIV.

Self sufficiency. They get seeds and fertilizers to East African farmers so they can grow their own food and not rely on charity.

Emergency aid. They sent millions to Nepal after the earthquake for rescue and rebuilding efforts.

US educational improvements. They fund phys ed, health education and staff wellness programs in 31,000 schools in the US.

US opioid abuse. Their goal is to cut the number of opioid overdose deaths by 50%. They are doing this by providing Naloxone to treatment centers and training staff on both emergency care (i.e. Naloxone) and preventative after-care (i.e. addiction treatment programs.)

And yes, they are respected. Charity Watch, an organization that rates charities, gave them a grade of A, based on the fact that it was well-run, had a measurable positive effect and that 87.2% of the money collected went directly to its programs. (The remainder went to advertising, salaries, promotions etc.) GuideStar, another such organization, rated it as "platinum."

But don't take my word for it. Google it and then ignore anything a politician has said about it in the last year or so.

No, Bill I don't and am doing some research now.
What you stated above appears true and I may have to retract and restructure my statement.
Thanks and be a little patient with me as I learn more.

Keith

funnier than f****** hell considering what's the news has been about the Clinton Foundation
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln