piisfish

Who will be the next POTUS?

Hi Coreeece,

Maybe you're missing something.

It is very possible that I am.

However, when you write: 'As for the Sharia law thing - I just don't buy it. Right now about 70% of the country identifies with Christianity and we can't even pray in schools or set up nativity scenes, let alone execute homosexuals.'

I took that as something you wanted to say.

Enlighten me.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Here is something that can lead to more understanding: http://www.king5.com/news/local/renton-couple-invites-community-to-have-a-meal-with-a-muslim/301706891

JerryBaumchen

I took that as something you wanted to say.

I initially considered rephrasing the sentence because I figured someone like you would selectively nit-pick and blow it out of proportion, but I said to hell with it - Those that care to understand, will understand - those that don't, aren't really worth the trouble.

It was a more simplistic way of making the point.

JerryBaumchen

Enlighten me.

That's your problem, not mine - go back and fill yourself in on the context and enlighten yourself. Nobody else apparently had a problem understanding what I was saying - so maybe you're the problem.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Nobody else apparently had a problem understanding what I was saying - so maybe you're the problem.

I had no problem understanding what you were trying to say. I also had no problem understanding it was a lie. Perhaps there are people who don't understand the latter?

Coreeece

Hey Ron, you see what's happening here?

You can't give these people an inch.

We can't give you an inch. Because the minute we do you will start dreaming about setting up a "christian" society. Only slightly better than some of the current "islamic" ones. None of us want to take a chance on being governed by clerics of any stripe. Or anyone else who supposes that they know what "god" or a "prophet" or maybe a "messiah" wants.

Fundamentalist christians would suppress gays just as hard as we allow them to. And subjugate women as well. If they could they would pass laws. Because they say the magic man wants them too. But really we all know that these beliefs come from within people's minds. If you want to align yourself with Ron here I will assume you share his core beliefs. And at least some of those beliefs are evil.

We won't be fooled again. History has shown what societies ruled by religion are like.

Right now about 70% of the country identifies with Christianity and we can't even pray in schools or set up nativity scenes, let alone execute homosexuals.

This is the key sentence Jerry objects to. I'm going to ignore that thing about gays, because you couched it in a way that allows you to disown it. However, you seem to have a problem with a lack of prayer in public schools. Prayer is allowed in school. Private prayer is allowed anywhere. What is not allowed is for you or your kind to shove it down everyone's throat. Thank God for that.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***Hey Ron, you see what's happening here?

You can't give these people an inch.

We can't give you an inch. Because the minute we do you will start dreaming about setting up a "christian" society. Only slightly better than some of the current "islamic" ones. None of us want to take a chance on being governed by clerics of any stripe. Or anyone else who supposes that they know what "god" or a "prophet" or maybe a "messiah" wants.

Fundamentalist christians would suppress gays just as hard as we allow them to. And subjugate women as well. If they could they would pass laws. Because they say the magic man wants them too. But really we all know that these beliefs come from within people's minds. If you want to align yourself with Ron here I will assume you share his core beliefs. And at least some of those beliefs are evil.

We won't be fooled again. History has shown what societies ruled by religion are like.
You just proved my point why Sharia in the U.S is nothing to be worried about.

...and tho you've been registered here for awhile, I don't remember ever discussing my religious views with you until recently, so you're probably unfamiliar with my posting history wrt to my support for the separation of Church and State, and why.

gowlerk

*** Right now about 70% of the country identifies with Christianity and we can't even pray in schools or set up nativity scenes, let alone execute homosexuals.

This is the key sentence Jerry objects to. I'm going to ignore that thing about gays, because you couched it in a way that allows you to disown it.
That's just a bunch of bs. I've never advocated for the execution of homosexuals - that goes against everything I stand for as a Christian.

The point was that if you can't even force people to pray in school, how the hell are Muslims ever gonna legally execute homosexuals?

gowlerk

However, you seem to have a problem with a lack of prayer in public schools. Prayer is allowed in school. Private prayer is allowed anywhere. What is not allowed is for you or your kind to shove it down everyone's throat. Thank God for that.

Most people understand the context when somebody says "no prayer in school" - gimme a break.

I also understand that the separation of church and state is a two-way street. I don't want your politics in my religion, and you don't want my religion in your government. I'm cool with that.

...but it's very clear that people like you, Jerry, Bill and Normiss aren't so interested in unity, understanding, nor compromise as you are in creating more contention with your tiresome pettifog. You're so bloated with hatred that it's blinded you from even recognizing when people are trying to agree with you.:S

>most people understand the context when somebody says "no prayer in school" -
>gimme a break.

But you didn't say that, did you. You said "and we can't even pray in schools or set up nativity scenes." That is factually incorrect. You CAN pray in schools. You CAN set up nativity scenes.

>I don't want your politics in my religion, and you don't want my religion in your
>government. I'm cool with that.

Too late; I have it. I drive by the Mount Soledad Easter cross, a Federally-funded landmark here in San Diego, every time I drive to the airport. All government offices are closed on Sundays here (and in the rest of the US.) All my paper money has a reference to God on it. So does the Pledge of Allegiance.

And yes, there are nativity scenes set up each Christmas on state property all over the US - which is by far the least of the problems we have.

So congratulations, you got your religion in my government. Which is why I find your claims of "we are being OPPRESSED! OPPRESSED I tell you! We can't even pray!" to be laughable. But I already know all the above, as well as your posting history; some people do not, and thus may question you on it.

billvon

I find your claims of "we are being OPPRESSED! OPPRESSED I tell you! We can't even pray!" to be laughable.

Nice Straw man.

The rest of your post is just more of that tiresome pettifog that I was referring to. You're just nit-picking and ignoring the point just to start shit with me, most likely because I've gotten under your skin in the past and your ego just can't let it go.

Lame. . .

Lame.

DanG

You know exactly what I mean. You are not that obtuse.

Oh, I forgot it was you. Benghazi.

That's pretty much all you've got, so keep banging that worn out silly drum.

Actually it's not all that he's got. Ron is so rabidly anti-democrat that he's started believing all the whacked out conspiracy theories about the Clintons murdering their political enemies, staging the deaths of ex-staffers accused of leaking information and generally being a mashed up hybrid of the MacBeths and the Corleones.

Except that I don't think even he really believes it - but since it supports his worldview he's going to do his absolute best to spread it around anyway.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I wonder if state-level discussions are as concerned with making point off each other, as opposed to making points?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No, that was incompetent leadership resulting in the betrayal of Americans. The purpose was to cover up an arms transaction that could have had a negative effect on BHO's reelection.

However, the concept is the same.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You just proved my point why Sharia in the U.S is nothing to be worried about.

I agree with this point. It's a non-issue.

Most people understand the context when somebody says "no prayer in school" - gimme a break.

I do understand the context. I took your sentence as a complaint that the majority religion is not allowed to lead students in prayer. It's hard to read it in another way. I'm glad you favour separation of church and state.

You're so bloated with hatred that it's blinded you from even recognizing when people are trying to agree with you.

I hate the sin, but I love the sinner.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

What I have noticed here over the years is that the majority are left leaning and have difficulty thinking in concepts. They live and think on the surface.

I am currently reading a book by David R Hawkins, MD, PhD, Transcending The Levels of Consciousness. So far, he is discussing how the majority live on an ego/linear plane.

I have remarked here on linear thinking as opposed to conceptual thinking several times. An interesting point Hawkins makes is this. Ego/linear thinking provides the payoff of energy or "juice" to the self. In order to transcend that level self has to surrender the ego/linear dominance and accept personal responsibility. This decision is the will of self, not to be confused with will power, and is spiritual.

Another interesting point he has introduced is that the human mind cannot differentiate between truth and falsehood.

At this juncture, I am taking that to mean the mind can only receive and processes information. The value of that information is determined in the ego/linear level of consciousness. Paul Twitchell stated in his teachings that the mind should only be considered as a tool not as a master.

Bottom line, attempting communication here is challenging, to be sure.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Go back to the beginning. I was referring to the mystery surrounding the candidate.

Now, when you look at corruption in business and politics, Hillary is the hands down winner between the two.

True on many levels. You are now reporting on a book using terms that are jargon. Only you know the meaning of this jargon because you are the only one reading the book.

This is not an effective way to communicate, except to those who are familiar with the terms the author is using.

Ego/linear thinking provides the payoff of energy or "juice" to the self.

This is nonsense in the truest sense of the word. Speak in clear terms that people can relate to if you want to get a message across.

What I have noticed here over the years is that the majority are left leaning and have difficulty thinking in concepts. They live and think on the surface.

I am currently reading a book by David R Hawkins, MD, PhD, Transcending The Levels of Consciousness. So far, he is discussing how the majority live on an ego/linear plane.

I have remarked here on linear thinking as opposed to conceptual thinking several times. An interesting point Hawkins makes is this. Ego/linear thinking provides the payoff of energy or "juice" to the self. In order to transcend that level self has to surrender the ego/linear dominance and accept personal responsibility. This decision is the will of self, not to be confused with will power, and is spiritual.

Another interesting point he has introduced is that the human mind cannot differentiate between truth and falsehood.

At this juncture, I am taking that to mean the mind can only receive and processes information. The value of that information is determined in the ego/linear level of consciousness. Paul Twitchell stated in his teachings that the mind should only be considered as a tool not as a master.

Sounds like you are reading a book filled with psychobabble bullshit.

Anyway, coming from you the idea that other posters can't think in concepts is amazingly ironic. You believe your thoughts are esoteric and deep, but they're about as surface as it gets.

If you have trouble explaining your idea to a listener there are two likely problems: the listener is unable to grasp the idea, or you don't have a well formed idea to begin with.

- Dan G