RonD1120

BHO on school gender policy

RonD1120

Yep, I was raised to believe there are two sexes male and female. Anyone seeking to change the way they were born is suffering from a maladjustment acquired somewhere along the way. They need counseling therapy not hormone treatment, surgery, wardrobe change or special restroom privileges.

When young children first learn to count and begin doing basic arithmetic, they are typically presented with only the natural numbers, i.e., {1, 2, 3, …}. That does not mean that the natural numbers are the only numbers that exist. As they learn more about math, they are introduced to the rest of the integers, i.e., {…, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, …}, the rationals, i.e., {a/b : a is an integer, b is a natural number}, and eventually the irrational numbers, completing their introduction to the real numbers, and then imaginary numbers.

Gender is the same way. When children first learn about gender, they learn that it's binary. It's presumed tough to explain to young children that some kids are born with an ambiguous gender, not clearly male or female physically. It's presumed tough to explain to young kids that some children are born intersex, with some features of each gender. And it's perceived difficult to explain to them that not every child identifies mentally with the gender they present physically.

However, unlike basic math, the topic is not re-addressed later by most people, unless they or someone close to them has to deal with these issues. Now, some people, such as yourself, are resistant to learning the un-simplified reality. You find it unfathomable that the explanations you were given as a child could be anything but the absolute truth. That is no way suggests what you learned is the truth, no matter how tightly you cling to it, resisting knowledge and education.

The problem arises when people who share your mindset try to legislate their ignorance through fear and misinformation, which is what is happening in NC.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

RonD1120

Yep, I was raised to believe there are two sexes male and female. Anyone seeking to change the way they were born is suffering from a maladjustment acquired somewhere along the way. They need counseling therapy not hormone treatment, surgery, wardrobe change or special restroom privileges.

Fortunately some of us were raised to simply respect other people, even if they're not like us.

(BTW, it's funny that when you get called on simply being bigotted against TGs your answer is 'No, I just think the previous law was unsafe for women in restrooms' and now that you've been called on that and it's been explained that the new NC law is more likely to create problems with pervy men going into womens restrooms you're back to saying 'Eww, TG people are just gross, that's why they shouldn't be allowed into bathrooms with normal people'. If you kept your story straight I'd honestly still think you were a bit of a dick, but not nearly as much of a dick as you're being right now.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Yep, I was raised to believe there are two sexes male and female.

I was too. Sex was simple; you could look it up in the dictionary and it told you what sex meant. Then I learned about the variations in heterosexuality, about bisexuality and homosexuality, and about transgender people. And it make me uncomfortable at first because I wasn't used to thinking about people that way, and I didn't know how to deal with them.

But I learned, and today there are those among my friends, family and coworkers who represent all of the above. They are engineers, and world champion skydivers, and doctors, and Hollywood stunt people, and lawyers. And most of them were that way all along and just hadn't "come out." When they did come out it didn't change who they were; the only change was in how I learned to deal with them, which at first was difficult.

You likely know several gay, transgender and bisexual people yourself; they are people you likely respect and admire. And if, in person, you are anything like your online persona, they will likely never come out to you. Which is too bad, even if you prefer it that way.

billvon

>Yep, I was raised to believe there are two sexes male and female.

I was too. Sex was simple; you could look it up in the dictionary and it told you what sex meant. Then I learned about the variations in heterosexuality, about bisexuality and homosexuality, and about transgender people. And it make me uncomfortable at first because I wasn't used to thinking about people that way, and I didn't know how to deal with them.

But I learned, and today there are those among my friends, family and coworkers who represent all of the above. They are engineers, and world champion skydivers, and doctors, and Hollywood stunt people, and lawyers. And most of them were that way all along and just hadn't "come out." When they did come out it didn't change who they were; the only change was in how I learned to deal with them, which at first was difficult.

You likely know several gay, transgender and bisexual people yourself; they are people you likely respect and admire. And if, in person, you are anything like your online persona, they will likely never come out to you. Which is too bad, even if you prefer it that way.

I have known and worked with all of the above except transgender. We got along fine. I can be empathic when interacting with them. However, I can be antagonistic when attacked. Look back at my posts directly to gays in this forum. There is a different tone.

You are correct in thinking my online persona is different than I am in person. I miss being a group facilitator. The SC is my online encounter group. It didn't start out that way but it morphed in that direction.

One other thing, CA is way different than the Deep South. I lived in CA for two years. Yeah, it was a different trip. I would not go back except to visit my aunt in Chula Vista.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>I have known and worked with all of the above except transgender.

I strongly suspect you have. I've met several people who are transgender who surprised me. They may simply not be telling you, knowing how you feel about them.

Either that, or they haven't come out to anyone yet, because they don't trust people to treat them kindly if they do come out.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Either that, or they haven't come out to anyone yet, because they don't trust people
>to treat them kindly if they do come out.

Agreed. And there is a third possibility - that they themselves don't know. Going by incidence in tested populations, there are ~5000 people in the US who have CAIS (Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome) who are genetically male but present as female. And since they often live completely normal lives - and since genetic testing is not a routine medical procedure - they often never know. In other cases they don't find out until they experience fertility problems.

(And I guess now even those people have a reason to keep the details of their gender hidden, lest some overzealous right wing government try to force them to start using a different bathroom.)

I think Rons general problem is that he is afraid that women might meet someone like him in the bathroom. Much like the reason radical muslims dont shake hands with women, its because of the fear of what it with do to themselfs. (Get all horny n' stuff)

There are alot of parallels to draw between radical christians and radical muslims, its like hooligans from different teams in sport events.

Edit: Funnily enough, that would mean Ron might have a point in this argument. But the strange people he is talking about would include himself.

BHO's bathroom order regarding bathrooms in federally funded schools may give conservatives their needed ammunition to kill the Department of Education.

I wonder if his bathroom edict will effect all federal buildings including courthouses? That could get interesting.

Conservatives have wanted to eliminate the Department of Education for decades. And Thursday, President Obama gave them the best reason yet. The agency's outrageous order that public schools ignore the basic biology of their students in the use of bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers may have finally awakened a sleeping giant. Parents, governors, House and Senate leaders, religious groups, and superintendents are incensed that the White House would threaten to pull funding for children's education over something as ridiculous and unpopular as gender-free restrooms.

Within hours of firing off this letter to every public school, college, and university in America, the blowback was fast and fierce. Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick (R) and Governor Greg Abbott (R) called on states to resist, insisting that the Lone Star State would give up all of its federal funding before letting the administration bully them on an ideology that the American College of Pediatricians calls "child abuse." Together with Abbott, Patrick called on schools to ignore the DOE and Justice Department's guidance. "This will be the end of public education, if this prevails," he warned. 'People will pull their kids out, homeschooling will explode, and private schools will increase."

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WA16E19&f=WU16E07

The pushback on this BS may be just what Trump needs to sweep the election.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The pushback on this BS may be just what Trump needs to sweep the election.

You may be over estimating how much normal people care. There is a lot of sound and fury from the usual quarters, but you are failing to notice that the "silent majority" is either yawning or laughing. Those who care are already R voters.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

FYI, the "American College of Pediatricians" is not the group you think it is. The organization of pediatricians in the United States is called the American Academy of Pediatricians. Who could this other group be? Hmmm...

- Dan G

The group certainly has an agenda. But, don't we all or what's the SC for?

Zanga has described ACPeds as a group "with Judeo-Christian, traditional values that is open to pediatric medical professionals of all religions who hold true to the group's core beliefs: that life begins at conception; and that the traditional family unit, headed by a different-sex couple, poses far fewer risk factors in the adoption and raising of children."[6] The organization's view on parenting is at odds with the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which holds that sexual orientation has no correlation with the ability to be a good parent and to raise healthy and well-adjusted children.[3][7][8] The American College of Pediatricians has been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a "hate group", with "a history of propagating damaging falsehoods about LGBT people".

Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_College_of_Pediatricians

>The pushback on this BS may be just what Trump needs to sweep the election.

That might be valid if most people supported keeping those transgendered people in their place.

Unfortunately for Trump the opposite is true:

===========
Poll: Americans oppose transgender 'bathroom laws' like North Carolina's
By Allen Cone
Updated May 9, 2016 at 12:10 PM

WASHINGTON, May 9 (UPI) -- Americans oppose laws requiring transgender people to use bathrooms that correspond with their gender at birth rather than their gender identity, according to a new CNN/ORC Poll released Monday.

Overall, 57 percent oppose laws, like the one passed in March in North Carolina, and 38 percent support them. Of those polled, 39 percent were strongly opposed to bathroom laws like North Carolina's and 25 percent strongly favor them.
============

Lucky for you and all of America Mrs. Clinton will soon be in charge. She will let you know just where and when all of you can pee. Just ask Mr. Clinton.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

tkhayes

American College of Pediatricians - between 60 and 200 members estimated.

American Academy of Pediatrics - 64000 members

hmmm, which one could be the fringe I wonder?

Well it makes sense, they only let in people who agree with their crazy theories - and that's totally ok. It.s their organisation, they can do whatever they want.

Of course, that still leaves the 63,800 pediatricians who don't agree with them... :P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

The question my wife and I ask is, how would your wife, daughter, granddaughter feel if they walked into a restroom and a man walked in behind them?

I wonder how Miss Universe contestants feel when Donald Trump walks in on them while they are naked, because he is the owner of the event?

On an April 11, 2005, airing of “The Howard Stern Show,” Donald Trump bragged about some of the special perks he enjoyed while he was owner of the Miss USA pageant. They came not in a locker room but a dressing room.

“I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone’s getting dressed and ready and everything else,” he said. “And you know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore I’m inspecting it.”

Stern replied, “You’re like a doctor.”

Trump responded: “Is everyone okay? You know they’re standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible-looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

The question my wife and I ask is, how would your wife, daughter, granddaughter feel if they walked into a restroom and a man walked in behind them?

I wonder how Miss Universe contestants feel when Donald Trump walks in on them while they are naked, because he is the owner of the event?

On an April 11, 2005, airing of “The Howard Stern Show,” Donald Trump bragged about some of the special perks he enjoyed while he was owner of the Miss USA pageant. They came not in a locker room but a dressing room.

“I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone’s getting dressed and ready and everything else,” he said. “And you know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore I’m inspecting it.”

Stern replied, “You’re like a doctor.”

Trump responded: “Is everyone okay? You know they’re standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible-looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

And from the girls there: https://www.buzzfeed.com/kendalltaggart/teen-beauty-queens-say-trump-walked-in-on-them-changing
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.