turtlespeed

what would the ramifications be?

One of the largest issues in the war on terror is the way we (Americans) are viewed by the outside world. More specifically, the Arab world.

What respect are going to gain, rather, how big a hole are we going to shoot in our own foot if we elect a woman president, KNOWING that they would find that insulting?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

meh....

we are already hated by those that will hate us (not just Arabs), this would be just another contrived excuse to reinforce that - it's pretty clear they don't care why, or if it's justified or not, or if it even makes any sense

ditto - those that like us also won't matter

I find the discussion to be a non-starter, pro or con

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You think foreign nations would be more offended by us electing a woman, as opposed to...oh...killing people at random in their countries by missiles fired from drones?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

You think foreign nations would be more offended by us electing a woman, as opposed to...oh...killing people at random in their countries by missiles fired from drones?

or....GASP.....reducing our aid and support?

(Some countries, probably yes, but as I said, they are just looking for excuses. REASONABLE countries hopefully react to policy, not just cosmetics or PR - but we know that reasonableness from many countries, especially where the US is concerned, is not the standard)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

turtlespeed

One of the largest issues in the war on terror is the way we (Americans) are viewed by the outside world. More specifically, the Arab world.

What respect are going to gain, rather, how big a hole are we going to shoot in our own foot if we elect a woman president, KNOWING that they would find that insulting?

You've heard of Angela Merkel and Margaret Thatcher right?

Let alone 1/2 of the men in the Arab word think Hillary is really a man in disguise!

DanG

Are you really proposing we appease Muslim extremists by refusing to elect female leaders? So much for making America a world leader.

Where did I say anything about appeasing?

I asked what the ramifications would be.

What fall out could we expect?

Would she discontinue aid to countries that don't have at least some semblance of women's rights?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Well, what you actually said was:

Sounds to me like you are suggesting that electing a woman president would result in shooting ourselves in the foot. But words don't matter around here, so I guess you were really just trying to ask a non-biased question.

Sort of. But anyway, I don't think the ramifications would be significant at all. Other countries have elected females, and I don't think there have been any ramifications. Why would the US be any different.

Would she discontinue aid to countries that don't have at least some semblance of women's rights?

If their human rights are so bad, maybe we should discontinue air regardless of how the president's genitals are configured.

- Dan G

Phil1111

***One of the largest issues in the war on terror is the way we (Americans) are viewed by the outside world. More specifically, the Arab world.

You've heard of Angela Merkel and Margaret Thatcher right?

Benazir Bhutto ringing any bells?

Besides, we already send female ambassadors just as easily as male ambassadors. We send Jews, Christians, Muslims, Atheists, and "Nun-ya's." Sometimes homosexual ambassadors, with their same-gender spouses. They go where their skills and career path dictate next, not whether they will be "accepted" by the host nation. Want to work with the U.S.? Work with the Presidential representative we send, or don't work with us at all.

Kind of like their managing boss, Secretary of State. Mrs. Clinton served in that job as well, and had no issues dealing with the leaders of other countries.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Pretty much nothing.

Rather than assuming that because she's a woman she can't possibly have the same ability to see the bigger picture that a male president could have why not just look at her record?

Or just stop trolling altogether. Either would be good, really.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

turtlespeed

Most of the world would be fine with it. I suspect the reptiles and other primitives would object.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Most of the world would be fine with it. I suspect the reptiles and other primitives would object.

don't forget the Trophy Wife demographic - this would completely threaten their lifestyle choices

DanG

If their human rights are so bad, maybe we should discontinue air regardless of how the president's genitals are configured.

Well that was certainly harsh. How tolerant of you. That escalated quicker than I thought it would.

:P

Hi turtle,

That escalated quicker than I thought it would.

What did you expect? It was a carefully worded, sexist posting.

We already know that you will vote for Trump; now you're just trying to bash Clinton.

Didn't work so good, did it?

Going to try again?

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi turtle,

That escalated quicker than I thought it would.

What did you expect? It was a carefully worded, sexist posting.

We already know that you will vote for Trump; now you're just trying to bash Clinton.

Didn't work so good, did it?

Going to try again?

Jerry Baumchen

You missed it.:ph34r:

Let me explain it to you.