PhreeZone

Next to bow out?

Huckabee is out due to illness - he knows people are sick of him :ph34r:

Gilmore is out by the end of the week
Santorum is out in 2 weeks time
Christie - I think he will stick around until Super Tuesday and then will be gone.
Kasich - He will be a long shot to stick around unless he has a GREAT showing in NH.
Fiorina - She will not last until Super Tuesday.

Others opinions?

On the Dem side - this one will be going to the convention I have a feeling.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

Pretty sure you're right about that and I think that's how it should be. It would be a shame if either side simply folded into one candidate simply because of any one state's primary. It would be an even bigger shame if that one candidate were seen as a "legacy" candidate and simply given the position by virtue of being related to somebody previous. They should have to earn it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

PhreeZone

Huckabee is out due to illness - he knows people are sick of him :ph34r:

Gilmore is out by the end of the week
Santorum is out in 2 weeks time
Christie - I think he will stick around until Super Tuesday and then will be gone.
Kasich - He will be a long shot to stick around unless he has a GREAT showing in NH.
Fiorina - She will not last until Super Tuesday.

Others opinions?

On the GOP side only one Governer can come out of NH assuming Rubio finishes top 3. (I'd bet on 2nd) but that governer will have to show well. Realistically, after NH this should be down to the top 3 but has potential to have 4. Bush is the guy that will be in SC I think. I am curious about if he gets serious pressure to drop if he shows as bad as he did in Iowa in the NH primary.

Dem side... go to the convention? Are y'all high? Clinton will walk away with this... [:/] You are fooling yourself if you think Sanders has a chance. He has no chance. Iowa and NH are a fit for him... it ends there.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

ryoder

***Rand Paul out today.

That's a shame;
In a sane world, he would have taken first in Iowa.

it is a shame, his philosophy is 'sorta' true libertarianism (it falls short in a couple key areas to appeal to the R base), but closer than anyone else's

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

normiss

News is reporting Santorum is out.

that jackass was never in

they shouldn't even report on people that never made the big debate

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

******Rand Paul out today.

That's a shame;
In a sane world, he would have taken first in Iowa.

it is a shame, his philosophy is 'sorta' true libertarianism (it falls short in a couple key areas to appeal to the R base), but closer than anyone else's

Not sure how that is a shame.

True capitalism doesn't work.
True communism doesn't work.

What makes you think true libertarianism would?

>What makes you think true libertarianism would?

Any true, ideologically-pure "ism" is generally a disaster. The only reason our system works (kinda) is that it takes the best parts of each "ism" and leaves behind the rest.

That being said, we could use more of the libertarianism "ism" in our current system.

billvon

>What makes you think true libertarianism would?

Any true, ideologically-pure "ism" is generally a disaster. The only reason our system works (kinda) is that it takes the best parts of each "ism" and leaves behind the rest.

That being said, we could use more of the libertarianism "ism" in our current system.

Dekker - Billvon stated it for me after you postulated (falsely) an absolutist position on my part.

Seriously, if the choice were to end up, say, Bernie vs Cruz, in what way would a guy like Rand (or his Dad even) be less absolutist than those guys?

In what way would a libertarian president be absolutist more so than a hard liner Rep or Dem executive (note - with a Rep/Dem legislature and social agenda (Left vs Right) litmus processes for judicial?)

(hopefully we take the best parts of each - seems we think/intend we're taking the best parts usually and find out later that we're bad at the selection process - usually in terms of taking short term relief at the expense of the long term)

I think after South Carolina (Before super tuesday) it will be down to the following:

Trump
Cruz
Rubio
Bush
Kasick
Christie

Not that Bush, Kasick, or Christie have a chance, it's just that their ego won't let them drop out, plus they have the funds to keep going.

In the end, I would put money on Rubio. As Trump and Cruz destroy each other, Rubio will just sail by with his message of optimism. After Ohio, I think he has the wind at his back...
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

normiss

Given the size of his ears, that's smooth sailing!

Only if he is wearing his platform boots to get them up in the air....
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

I think after South Carolina (Before super tuesday) it will be down to the following:

Trump
Cruz
Rubio
Bush
Kasick
Christie

Not that Bush, Kasick, or Christie have a chance, it's just that their ego won't let them drop out, plus they have the funds to keep going.

In the end, I would put money on Rubio. As Trump and Cruz destroy each other, Rubio will just sail by with his message of optimism. After Ohio, I think he has the wind at his back...

Only Bush will have the money to go that far out of the governors if Rubio beats all of them. I do not know how long those three will be "allowed" to stay in. If Rubio finishes top three nd beats all of the other party elite candidates then they should go away and let this be what it is... a 3 man race. My money is also on Rubio and has been for a while. I think I even posted it a couple of months ago.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Christie will be out by Thursday, Carly will be out by the end of the week, Carson should be about to drop out too.

Kasich did a lot better than expected tonight carrying a lot of the independents that voted GOP to get to second behind Trump, Rubio seemed to carry a lot that wanted "A Repiblican, any Republican!" in the White House.

I look for this still to be Trump, Kasich, Bush, Cruz and Rubio going into SC. SC and Nevada will thin it down to 3. If Bush, Kasich or Rubio drop their supporters have been polling that they would stick to the other establishment candidate. That has the potential to really swing the numbers since tonight it was 35% Trump, 16% Kasich 11% Cruz, 11% Rubio and 10% Bush.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Bush spent a crap load of money to just fail in another state.
Not the guy I want managing my money.
Wish he'd give up.

>Bush spent a crap load of money to just fail in another state.
>Not the guy I want managing my money.

The logical (worrisome) extension of that thinking is that anyone who spends a lot of money and wins is more qualified fiscally than someone who spends a lot of money and loses. And based on several people I can think of who spent a lot of money and won . . . .

billvon

>Bush spent a crap load of money to just fail in another state.

The logical (worrisome) extension of that thinking is that anyone who spends a lot of money and wins is more qualified fiscally than someone who spends a lot of money and loses. And based on several people I can think of who spent a lot of money and won . . . .

true - I'm just cynical and amazed at the money machine that is political campaigning and think there has to be a better way.

rehmwa

***>Bush spent a crap load of money to just fail in another state.

true - I'm just cynical and amazed at the money machine that is political campaigning and think there has to be a better way.

Cage fight?
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

******>Bush spent a crap load of money to just fail in another state.

Cage fight?

Celebrity Death Match :)