Hands up don't shoot

SkyDekker

Welcome to the behind the rose colored glassed world of Skydekker

BTW
Am I glad you posted this

You example why I do not give a fuck what you think

WOW
Laugh

Thank you for that thoughtful reply and rebuttal to my points.

See below
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

JerryBaumchen

Hi rush,

Your game here not mine

But it is your game, you're the OP.

Or as MJOSparky would say: You haven't seen the ball since kickoff.

Sad really, very sad,

Jerry Baumchen

You move it again and I am sad??

:D:D

This thread was about the bs that is the black lives matter and hands up don't shoot crap

Have a NICE day Jerry:)
Abraham Lincoln

Severity of lies, or at least the severity of the consequences of the lies are no longer important. Only thing that is important is the political affiliation. Is it "my guy" or "their guy".

See I agree with you about Clinton and the BJ.....wished he had come clean earlier....but as my sister pointed out what man (or women for that matter) comes clean before he is truly caught? :P

But I think when you look at the video lie by Clinton and she was telling her family one thing and the public another - and the talking heads - says that's just politics that's another thing. There was no doubt that it was a terrorist attack, and there is little doubt that the white house did NOT want that out right before the election. (I don't think it would have changed much) So they come up with this b.s. story. To me that's big. It is important that both sides don't lie to the American public.

But all we do - and someone here will respond this way - is bring up something the other party did that was worse.

They all suck, everyone needs to stop believing their side doesn't.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

SkyDekker

See below

Telling me I am a liar is your thoughtful reply and rebuttal? I think you and I aren't talking the same language Rush.

Thank you
Abraham Lincoln

But I think when you look at the video lie by Clinton and she was telling her family one thing and the public another - and the talking heads - says that's just politics that's another thing. There was no doubt that it was a terrorist attack, and there is little doubt that the white house did NOT want that out right before the election. (I don't think it would have changed much) So they come up with this b.s. story. To me that's big. It is important that both sides don't lie to the American public.

Sure it was all politics. But 4 people died? When that happens within your own borders nobody gives a fuck. Some will say you should look at gun control, other will say fuck you, cause Constitution. But now that it happened somewhere else it needs to be continuously investigated at a cost of multiple millions of $$?

Democrats lied about it for political gain. Republicans continue to lie about to try and get political gain out of the same occurrence. Hence, not that big a deal to me, both sides are using it to try and get political gain. Both are reprehensible.

SkyDekker

Do you care about Clintons lies?

I care about the results of lies. I believe it is impossible to be in politics (or high level business) and not lie from time to time.

Do I care that Bill Clinton lied about a blowjob, not at all.
Do I care Clinton lied about Benghazi being about a video. Not at all, didn't change anything.
Do I care she lied about email on her own server, yes it has possible implications that need to be addressed.
Do I care Bush lied and in the process killed hundred's of thousands and pave the way for ISIS. Yes, I do.
Do I care Trump continues to lie to try and incite hatred to get himself elected. Yes, I do.
Do I care that Hands up don't shoot was based on a lie. No, since there is an issue with police brutality and ingrained racism in policing and that "slogan" is helping to bring attention to that. The shooting was ruled justified, but the report also indicated systemic racism in the police department.

Hence, the fact that you have a serious problems with hands up don't shoot, but no issues with Trump's lies says something about you. In my opinion, which I know you don't care about, it doesn't say much positive.

Lastly, it is also indicative of the problem Mirage outlined above. Severity of lies, or at least the severity of the consequences of the lies are no longer important. Only thing that is important is the political affiliation. Is it "my guy" or "their guy".

Lying is lying, and accepting that is a terrible flaw. If they easily lie on the small stuff, that means they will damn sure lie on the big stuff.

Sure it was all politics. But 4 people died? When that happens within your own borders nobody gives a fuck.

I get your point - but these four died for a political reason....not some drive by gang shooting. They possibly died because help wasn't sent for political reason (I absolutely say possibly because to me that hasn't been proven).

H.C. doesn't have anything to do with drive by shootings but she did in this.

I do like and believe what you stated about the severity of the lie. Bring up Bush "lie" to minimize the actions of others will be done for years.....

Having said the above, I will vote and would vote for HC before I voted for DT.....

SkyDekker

Sure it was all politics. But 4 people died? When that happens within your own borders nobody gives a fuck. Some will say you should look at gun control, other will say fuck you, cause Constitution. But now that it happened somewhere else it needs to be continuously investigated at a cost of multiple millions of $$?

Democrats lied about it for political gain. Republicans continue to lie about to try and get political gain out of the same occurrence. Hence, not that big a deal to me, both sides are using it to try and get political gain. Both are reprehensible.

It's a bit different. Kinda like when senator what's her name was shot in the head. She had stature. An ambassador has stature. Billy bob Joe bob Campbell who gets shot being stupid does not have stature. But you already knew that, didn't you. So you already know the difference.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's a bit different. Kinda like when senator what's her name was shot in the head. She had stature. An ambassador has stature. Billy bob Joe bob Campbell who gets shot being stupid does not have stature. But you already knew that, didn't you. So you already know the difference.

I actually reject that idea. I don't believe one life is more valuable than another life.

normiss

No worries, Trump will have him deported.

Either that, or used as an actual anchor. Attached to a large heavy chain.

Don

I don't think they died for political reason, like those sent into Iraq.

I think their death has been used for political reasons.

So to follow this to it's end and then I'll lay low..... We can agree that they are dead. We may not agree that they could have been helped - but I lean to the idea that they could have been but weren't for political reasons.

We both agree that their deaths have been used for political gain. One side gain by NOT trying to save them....a great big intense firefight would have been a lot harder to sell as just some locals that went nut's over a video. The other side gains by digging and digging and keeping it in the news.

mirage62

I don't think they died for political reason, like those sent into Iraq.

I think their death has been used for political reasons.

So to follow this to it's end and then I'll lay low..... We can agree that they are dead. We may not agree that they could have been helped - but I lean to the idea that they could have been but weren't for political reasons.

We both agree that their deaths have been used for political gain. One side gain by NOT trying to save them....a great big intense firefight would have been a lot harder to sell as just some locals that went nut's over a video. The other side gains by digging and digging and keeping it in the news.

See, we aren't as far apart as we may sometimes think :D

SkyDekker

I actually reject that idea. I don't believe one life is more valuable than another life.

You don't value the lives of your loved ones more than you do other people? :o
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

I said nothing about value.

Stature is not value.

I'll concede that sometimes value begets stature.

Imagine it this way. Say Hillary was visiting somewhere, and the same kind of situation played out and she was killed.

Do you think there would be more than just a little media coverage?

I'd say yes, because she has stature, not because she is more valuable.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Stature is not value.

Imagine it this way. Say Hillary was visiting somewhere, and the same kind of situation played out and she was killed.

My point was that his statement on him believing one life not being more valuable than another was BS. We all are going to value some lives more than others and for most part it's going to be different for each person. It's just human nature.

We value children more than adults.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

SkyDekker

I care about the results of lies. I believe it is impossible to be in politics (or high level business) and not lie from time to time.

Do I care that Bill Clinton lied about a blowjob, not at all.

SkyDekker

Do I care Clinton lied about Benghazi being about a video. Not at all, didn't change anything.

In Bill's case he invoked the UCMJ to shield himself from the Paula Jones lawsuit. Under those terms, he was subject to severe sanctions for either adultery or perjury. Oddly enough, the severity of the crime increases as does the rank of the criminal, POTUS pinning the meter.

I would have much preferred it if his response had been "that girl told me she could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, and I told her to prove it. She was right. Next question."

SkyDekker

Do I care she lied about email on her own server, yes it has possible implications that need to be addressed.

Again, it is not so much the lie as the facts of the case. The laws regarding security of classified information are entirely inflexible, and, by her own admission, she violated a laundry list of them. Lying about it is simply icing on the cake.

People have landed long prison sentences for much less.

SkyDekker

Do I care Bush lied and in the process killed hundred's of thousands and pave the way for ISIS. Yes, I do.

Saying Bush lied gives the man too much credit. I suspect he was simply a voracious consumer of bullshit - particularly when told what he wanted to hear. I rate him as being beyond clueless, and his dedicated ignorance resulted in staggering losses of life and resources.

SkyDekker

Do I care Trump continues to lie to try and incite hatred to get himself elected. Yes, I do.

He is a huckster, and will sell whatever the masses will buy. Unfortunately, there is a big market for nonsensical vitriol.

SkyDekker

Do I care that Hands up don't shoot was based on a lie. No, since there is an issue with police brutality and ingrained racism in policing and that "slogan" is helping to bring attention to that. The shooting was ruled justified, but the report also indicated systemic racism in the police department.

A valid point is rendered moot by being put forth in association with nonsense. If the source is unreliable, so is any point made by said source.

Bill Cosby's penchant for necrophilia renders questionable any otherwise legitimate observation he might make.

The 'hands up, don't shoot' and 'black lives matter' movements use the worst kind of Agrumentum ad Baculum.

"Agree with us or we riot" achieves compliance at the most superficial level, and engenders antipathy in the process. People whose stance is validated only by threat of violence should be avoided to whatever extent possible (that includes Bush).

BSBD,

Winsor

Bolas

Stature is not value.

My point was that his statement on him believing one life not being more valuable than another was BS. We all are going to value some lives more than others and for most part it's going to be different for each person. It's just human nature.

We value children more than adults.

Maybe I used to. I'll admit that. Now I just collect reasons not to have another kid.

I'm up to about 786 or so. Every time we see a little shit brat acting up, we look at each other and say, well, that's reason # 786 not to populate the world.