SkyDekker

Adolf Trump

SkyDekker

Most decent countries around the world are doing what they can to help.

The U.S takes in their share of refugees from around the world consistently each and every year for the past 50+ years. Not all referrals are accepted and many applications are denied based on various criteria.

Apparently it's OK with you to deny other needy refugees just as long as they're not Syrian.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

CornishChris

No, Trump will beat Hillary.

The betting odds disagree with you...

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner

No matter what the odds are, it's really hard to run for president from jail.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The FBI investigation is gaining ground. We'll revisit this issue in a couple of months....B|
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

SkyDekker

Banning all Muslims until you figure out what Muslims want and going to speak to Bill Gates to turn off the internet are not statements of a person in touch with reality.

You are misunderstanding Trump. He is very in touch with reality. He understands the audience he is messaging and is tailoring his message to them very well.

Right, which goes to show how many idiots there are.

See post #64

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

DanG

This is plain and simple bigotry and pandering to the cowardly right wing. Banning Muslim immigration will make the US less safe. It is stupidity at its height.

I keep hearing this and I just don't get it. Explain to me how keeping terrorist from entering the country makes us less safe.

I can't wait to hear this logic.....:S
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

jgoose71

This is plain and simple bigotry and pandering to the cowardly right wing. Banning Muslim immigration will make the US less safe. It is stupidity at its height.

I keep hearing this and I just don't get it. Explain to me how keeping terrorist from entering the country makes us less safe.

I can't wait to hear this logic.....:S

In your logic displayed above, all Muslims are terrorists. That is what is crazy

Explain to me how keeping terrorist from entering the country makes us less safe.

First of all, your premise is flawed. The proposal isn't about keeping terrorists out of the country, it is about keeping Muslims out of the country. You assume that Muslim=terrorist. You also assume that terrorists are so stupid that they would self-identify as Muslims. If they are dedicated enough to spend 2+ years going through the refugee approval process, don't you think they might be capable of claiming to be Christian?

Secondly, by banning Muslim movement into the US, we confirm what ISIS has been saying all along, that the US is at war with Islam. They can legitimately say, "Look, the US hates all Muslims. They have been killing us over here for decades because they want to destroy Islam!" Anti-Muslim legislation is the best ISIS recruiting tool possible. And you know who the most valuable recruits are? Young, disgruntled Muslims living in the US already. They won't need to send Syrian ISIS fighters off to spend 2+ years going throug a rigorous screening process, hoping not to get caught. They will just up their US recruitment and we'll have more of the same kind of attacks like San Bernadino.

For someone who claims to have a military mind, you sure don't understand insurgency tactics very well.

- Dan G

SkyDekker

Apparently it's OK with you to deny other needy refugees just as long as they're not Syrian.

Yes that is exactly what I said. :S

Well, we deny thousands of refugees every year for a variety of reasons, yet I only hear you people complaining about denying Syrian refugees.

Nobody was shouting racism when we wouldn't allow Kenyan refugees to reunite with their families because they might defraud the system.

I didn't hear people shouting xenophobia when we stop processing Iraqi refugee aplications because a couple bad apples slipped through the cracks.

Nobody was bitching about it then because the call to suspend the programs wasn't coming from the conservative right wing, so the left had nothing to gain by turning it into a divisive political issue.

Coreeece

Well, we deny thousands of refugees every year for a variety of reasons, yet I only hear you people complaining about denying Syrian refugees.

The proposal is to deny Syrian refugees just based on their country of origin and/or religion. Comparing that with denying someone for cause after an extensive background check is not only apples and oranges, it is disingenuous of you.

jgoose71

...Hillary is trying to be Obama 2.0 and I ask you who is more crazy; the guy standing in a pool of blood from 2 attacks from Muslims saying "this is not a Muslim problem," or the guys saying "lets not let any more muslims in until we figure out what we're doing..."

Well, there's this:

I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It's practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them.

Care to make a guess who said it and when?

(I have a link, but will post it later if needed)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

The proposal is to deny Syrian refugees just based on their country of origin and/or religion. Comparing that with denying someone for cause after an extensive background check is not only apples and oranges, it is disingenuous of you.

Fair enough, but in your selective quote you conveniently ignored the part about Iraqis and Kenyans that were denied because of their country of origin. I didn't hear you crying about it back then - why the change of heart all of a sudden?

Coreeece

Fair enough, but in your selective quote you conveniently ignored the part about Iraqis and Kenyans that were denied because of their country of origin. I didn't hear you crying about it back then - why the change of heart all of a sudden?

No change of heart. It's bad policy to label all members of a set on account of the properties of a small subset.

SkyDekker

Right, which goes to show how many idiots there are.

I'd bet about half of the entire world is below average.

I see a lot of lazy messages where people are lambasting the crowd that disagrees with their politics. (Stuff I agree with and stuff I disagree with).

This is narcissistic and non-productive.

Just Maybe, we need to look at the culture and figure out what the heck we've done to it, such that so many people are resonating with these messages. These oversimplifies, one size fits all, ignore our rights, ignore our vision, just spit out a soundbite and hope the fish bite.

Frankly - I think politicians have pandered and pandered to the lowest common denominators, driving votes based on visceral fears, unreasonable emotions and bumper sticker slogans. We've encouraged laziness and entitlements, discouraged critical thinking and replaced it with nonsensical crap.

Look at facebook - how many posts do we see "I'm going to unfriend anyone that disagrees with me - I 'can't' understand them" But almost zero good discussions. Just feeding the outrage and lashing out. it's nuts.

Both controlling parties in Washington is getting exactly what they've been building for years - now it's two sides that are fighting over who can build the best reality TV show and put out the most dumbed down bumper stickers. Congrats. [:/]

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I see a lot of lazy messages where people are lambasting the crowd that disagrees with their politics. (Stuff I agree with and stuff I disagree with).

lol whatever dude.

Agreeing that you can ban all Muslims (including American citizens) until you figure out what is going on is idiotic and against your constitution. That has nothing to do with partisanship.

Thinking you can go to Bill Gates to turn off the internet is idiotic as well. Has nothing to do with partisanship.

If you think opposing such policies and ideas is narcissistic and non-productive, well then I don't think we are at all on the same planet.

Look at facebook - how many posts do we see "I'm going to unfriend anyone that disagrees with me - I 'can't' understand them" But almost zero good discussions.

I unfriend people who out themselves as Nazis. I have no interest in discussing anything with them. I see no difference with those supporting these policies.

>The U.S takes in their share of refugees from around the world consistently
>each and every year for the past 50+ years. Not all referrals are accepted and
>many applications are denied based on various criteria.

Yes, and that's one of the better things the US does. We should keep doing it, even if people have irrational fears over it.

>I keep hearing this and I just don't get it. Explain to me how keeping terrorist
>from entering the country makes us less safe.

Denying refugees will not keep terrorists out, and banning refugees will give us a false sense of security that will make us less safe. Much like the TSA.

How many of the 9/11 bombers were refugees?

SkyDekker

lol whatever dude.

Agreeing that you can ban all Muslims (including American citizens) until you figure out what is going on is idiotic and against your constitution. That has nothing to do with partisanship.

Thinking you can go to Bill Gates to turn off the internet is idiotic as well. Has nothing to do with partisanship.

If you think opposing such policies and ideas is narcissistic and non-productive, well then I don't think we are at all on the same planet.

***Look at facebook - how many posts do we see "I'm going to unfriend anyone that disagrees with me - I 'can't' understand them" But almost zero good discussions.

I unfriend people who out themselves as Nazis. I have no interest in discussing anything with them. I see no difference with those supporting these policies.

No, you completely missed my point - I agree we need to oppose horrible policies. But pouting and having a childish conversation rather than converting more to your point.... These conversations LEAD with the pout.

the NATURE of the discussion is not helping people understand better. Isolating them and treating them like shit and then patting yourself on the back doesn't help. You make the point "YOU" don't have any "INTEREST" in convincing them to better reason. Apparently a better society only matters to you if you are entertained?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

jgoose71

No, Trump will beat Hillary.

Would you be willing to put your money where your mouth is?

I'll put up $100 to the charity of your choice if Trump is elected over H. Clinton.

Are you willing to do the same if it goes the other way?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

DanG

Explain to me how keeping terrorist from entering the country makes us less safe.

First of all, your premise is flawed. The proposal isn't about keeping terrorists out of the country, it is about keeping Muslims out of the country. You assume that Muslim=terrorist. You also assume that terrorists are so stupid that they would self-identify as Muslims. If they are dedicated enough to spend 2+ years going through the refugee approval process, don't you think they might be capable of claiming to be Christian?

Secondly, by banning Muslim movement into the US, we confirm what ISIS has been saying all along, that the US is at war with Islam. They can legitimately say, "Look, the US hates all Muslims. They have been killing us over here for decades because they want to destroy Islam!" Anti-Muslim legislation is the best ISIS recruiting tool possible. And you know who the most valuable recruits are? Young, disgruntled Muslims living in the US already. They won't need to send Syrian ISIS fighters off to spend 2+ years going throug a rigorous screening process, hoping not to get caught. They will just up their US recruitment and we'll have more of the same kind of attacks like San Bernadino.

For someone who claims to have a military mind, you sure don't understand insurgency tactics very well.

I should have known better than to ask you that question. Your responses are so .... liberal.....:ph34r:

First off, You think that I think that all muslims are terrorists. That is your first mistake. As has been pointed out in the media over and over again we have over 600 on going ISIS investigations in all 50 states. We have done a shitty job screening people coming in. No one (Even Trump) is suggesting a complete ban. Just fix the screening process.

As far as why they Jihad when they get here, it's not because they think we don't like them. That is your second mistake. You are following Obama's misguided notion of Islam guided by some romantic notion of his smoke filled "Dreams of his Father" that has been wrong at every turn.

First learn about the Sunni Muslim's Pilgrimages to Mecca, Wahhabism, dhimmitude, the core tenants of Sharia Law, and the life and times of Muhammed (concentrating on battle strategy and how ISIS has been applying it), and then you might have the basic required knowledge to talk to me on a meaningful level.

Your above post proves your not quite there yet.

kallend

Muslims died defending your freedom to write hateful, ignorant things about them.

I've fought side by side with Muslims. Your Troll-fu is weak.

billvon

>I keep hearing this and I just don't get it. Explain to me how keeping terrorist
>from entering the country makes us less safe.

Denying refugees will not keep terrorists out, and banning refugees will give us a false sense of security that will make us less safe. Much like the TSA.

How many of the 9/11 bombers were refugees?

Why do you think that these are the only choices? What about better screening? Is it so hard to ask people to provide us with some information and then we verify it? Come to find out Tashfeen gave a wrong address and was talking jihad for 2 years before the attack.

Oh wait a minute, we are talking about the Federal Government......