rushmc

Good Law Restricting the EPA!

NSSF Hails Enactment of Priority Legislation

NEWTOWN, Conn.—The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®) today hailed Congressional passage of legislation that precludes the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from asserting Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) authority over ammunition and its component parts. A top legislative priority for the NSSF, this important provision was included in the National Defense Authorization Act of 2015 that President Obama signed into law as the nation began the long Thanksgiving holiday.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

What does that mean, in practical terms?

I think the EPA should still have authority to control factories that make ammunition if they are using nasty chemicals to do so.

Within the limits of the power given them by congress? Sure

To ban lead bullets for political reasons? Not so much
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

OK, you don't want to answer the question.

Anyone else? I don't feel like wading through 1,000 right wing conspiracy web pages to figure out what this legislation actually does.

:D

Fuck that dude
I did answer your question

Your problem if you don't agree with the answer

Your on a roll early today
:D
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Anyone else? I don't feel like wading through 1,000 right wing conspiracy web pages to figure out what this legislation actually does.

and if you think the EPA does NOT have control over ammo factories you are dreaming to start with

But this law deals with the green Nazis trying to ban lead bullets.

Please try and keep up
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

It's not that hard. It's about lead bullets and lead shot being used by hunters contaminating the environment. Several states have restrictions on where lead can and can not be used. I don't know if there were rumblings about EPA restrictions, or if this is just the ammo lobby getting out in front. But the core issue is the possibility of lead poisoning. Responsible hunters have mostly already switched to alternatives.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

No, you didn't answer the question.

The question was about what this law actually acomplishes, practically.

Apparently, it keeps bullets themselves from being banned as toxic substances, but does not prevent the EPA from regulating the manufacturing process.

You could have just said that. Instead you had to assume that I had read the latest anti-Obama gun-grabber newsletter.

- Dan G

DanG

No, you didn't answer the question.

The question was about what this law actually acomplishes, practically.

Apparently, it keeps bullets themselves from being banned as toxic substances, but does not prevent the EPA from regulating the manufacturing process.

You could have just said that. Instead you had to assume that I had read the latest anti-Obama gun-grabber newsletter.

your incorrect assumptions are not my issue
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

***OK, you don't want to answer the question.

It's not that hard. It's about lead bullets and lead shot being used by hunters contaminating the environment. Several states have restrictions on where lead can and can not be used. I don't know if there were rumblings about EPA restrictions, or if this is just the ammo lobby getting out in front. But the core issue is the possibility of lead poisoning. Responsible hunters have mostly already switched to alternatives.

Lead is not used for water fowl hunting and is not to be used around waterways

But
States like CA tried to used rigged science to say lead bullets were poisoning the condor (which was a lie). Groups then sued the EPA to try and ban lead bullets that way. Also, state DNR's have tried to issue lead bullets bans but for the most part have been stopped

This just takes away the EPA as a tool for the wackos that are out there (and limits the wackos that are part of the EPA too)
Abraham Lincoln

Using a leaded process in electonics has been banned except for medical and military products in Europe and US.

Read an article in an electronics magazine a good few years back stating how crazy this was as there was more lead fell to the ground on the 1st day of the hunting season in the US than was used in a full year in the electronics industry.

rushmc

******OK, you don't want to answer the question.

But
States like CA tried to used rigged science to say lead bullets were poisoning the condor (which was a lie). Groups then sued the EPA to try and ban lead bullets that way. Also, state DNR's have tried to issue lead bullets bans but for the most part have been stopped

This just takes away the EPA as a tool for the wackos that are out there (and limits the wackos that are part of the EPA too)

What is the downside to not allowing lead in bullets?

SkyDekker

*********OK, you don't want to answer the question.

But

More expensive in many cases. Less energy down range in some case. This means more wounded animals.

In the end it is not nessary. As there is no real down side to use lead bullets
Abraham Lincoln

As there is no real down side to use lead bullets

Absolutely! All that research showing that lead is toxic is just a big conspiracy, nothing but junk science. Why, can you believe they even banned using lead to solder cans? Same as all that research showing mercury causes Minamata Disease. As I recall, that all goes back to progressive neo-Islamic Japanese fishermen poisoning their own kids back in 1950s, just so in 2015 Obama could blame mercury and use it as an excuse for his war on power companies.

What's next Marc? Should we bring back leaded gasoline? Lead paint?

Don

rushmc

***What does that mean, in practical terms?

I think the EPA should still have authority to control factories that make ammunition if they are using nasty chemicals to do so.

This explains a lot about your posts. People regularly comment on your lack of reading comprehension skills and you berate them for it. Can you please point out exactly where in this post you answered his question. Now I don't really give a crap if you answer his question or not, but you seem to think that somehow in this post you answered his question and it is just him that didn't agree. I don't see anything that could even be an attempt to answer the question that he asked in your response.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

GeorgiaDon

Absolutely! All that research showing that lead is toxic is just a big conspiracy, nothing but junk science. Why, can you believe they even banned using lead to solder cans? Same as all that research showing mercury causes Minamata Disease. As I recall, that all goes back to progressive neo-Islamic Japanese fishermen poisoning their own kids back in 1950s, just so in 2015 Obama could blame mercury and use it as an excuse for his war on power companies.

What's next Marc? Should we bring back leaded gasoline?no Lead paint?no

Don

and the rest of your post is just silly
Abraham Lincoln

okalb

******What does that mean, in practical terms?

This explains a lot about your posts. People regularly comment on your lack of reading comprehension skills and you berate them for it. Can you please point out exactly where in this post you answered his question. Now I don't really give a crap if you answer his question or not, but you seem to think that somehow in this post you answered his question and it is just him that didn't agree. I don't see anything that could even be an attempt to answer the question that he asked in your response.

It answers the question in the context of my post
Which, if one took a look at it, deals with the EPA banning lead BULLETS!

The comp issue was his, and now yours it appears
Abraham Lincoln

His question was:
"What does that mean, in practical terms?"

Your response was
"Within the limits of the power given them by congress? Sure

To ban lead bullets for political reasons? Not so much "

Can you explain how your response addresses his question?
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Can you explain how your response addresses his question?

Ah, but you see Rush said he answered it in the context of his own post. That means it doesn't matter what the question is, only what Rush wants the question to be.

It makes sense when you know the system:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

Not sure I agree with that. Would be a negative impact on the environment. Lead is pretty poisonous.

It depends on the form. Solid lead is pretty much inert. Lead bullets that go into the ground just stay there. I'm part of a shooting range that's been in place for 70 years or so. We had "someone" call the DNR and complain that all the lead in the ground was leaching into the river (the Fox River is a few hundred yards away). So the DNR came out & tested the runoff and found...

Nothing. Lots of shooting ranges have had this sort of testing done. It's been negative. The lead doesn't move once it's in the ground.

VA Tech did a STUDY at a range and found that the lead stays put.

Lead shot in water is a problem because the waterfowl need gravel in their digestive system to grind up their food. They get that gravel from the bottom of the body of water. When lead shot is present, they ingest that and get poisoned.

Lead paint is dangerous because of the dust it creates. Lead-laden dust.

It's kind of funny. There was a story on NPR a couple years ago. An environmentalist was railing against hunters. She claimed that bald eagles were eating the gut piles that deer hunters left behind, and in doing so were ingesting the shot from the pile. And getting lead poisoning.

They "conveniently" left out the fact that shotguns using shot are NOT legal for deer hunting in Wisconsin. Slugs are required. And I have my doubts that an eagle would consume a slug that weighs about an ounce and is the size of a quarter (more or less).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

SkyDekker

*********OK, you don't want to answer the question.

But

Much higher wear and tear on your weapon. Higher expense. Higher maintenance cost. Higher priced ammo. Are you seeing a pattern here?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun