piisfish

8 yr old girl shot dead by 11yr old boy

rushmc

Average gun murder rate for top 10 states with toughest gun control laws is 3.72 per 100,000 residents

Average gun murder rate for top 10 states with least restrictive gun control laws is 4.91 per 100,000 residents

Last time I checked, 4.91 > 3.72

32% higher in fact.

yes
Or
1.19 per 100,000

Funny how numbers look different

So you wouldn't mind if your taxes were increased by by 32%.

Funny how numbers that negatively affect other people look different when they're applied to you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Average gun murder rate for top 10 states with toughest gun control laws is 3.72 per 100,000 residents

Average gun murder rate for top 10 states with least restrictive gun control laws is 4.91 per 100,000 residents

32% higher in fact.

yes
Or
1.19 per 100,000

Funny how numbers that negatively affect other people look different when they're applied to you.
Well if it went from 3.72 dollars per 100,000 earned to 4.91 dollars per 100,000 earned I wouldn't mind it.
It's amazing how some people think it should be compared to per 100,000
Until percentages sound better for them.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

wmw999

If 80% of gun violence is among thugs, that doesn't really make it OK. It does make it less likely to affect us (most of the Americans on this forum are probably white and middle-class). But by assigning the impacts to another group, we devalue them.

Personally, I agree with you about both ends and the fact that there's a middle ground. Where it is, of course, is a matter of opinion. But I do think that we, as Americans, need to own the effects of fun violence as ours, and not just as belonging to ghetto-dwellers.

Wendy P.

Was that intentional or Freudian?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Damn you, auto-correct (or just plain tupo :P)
I guess if I were an NRA member maybe it would be fun violence :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Damn you, auto-correct (or just plain tupo :P)
I guess if I were an NRA member maybe it would be fun violence :)

Wendy P.

As much agreement you had out there . . . I was wondering if you were starting to bat for another team.:D:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

BartsDaddy

32% higher in fact.

yes
Or
1.19 per 100,000

Well if it went from 3.72 dollars per 100,000 earned to 4.91 dollars per 100,000 earned I wouldn't mind it.

There are over 300,000,000 people in the USA. Not 100,000. So an increase of 1.19 per 100,000 due to lax gun laws works out to be an additional 3,500 people murdered EVERY YEAR in the USA.

kallend

32% higher in fact.

yes
Or
1.19 per 100,000

There are over 300,000,000 people in the USA. Not 100,000. So an increase of 1.19 per 100,000 due to lax gun laws works out to be an additional 3,500 people murdered EVERY YEAR in the USA.

Why are you not advocating more for restrictions and more laws and more enforcement of laws that kill at least one order of magnitude higher than guns?

turtlespeed

32% higher in fact.

yes
Or
1.19 per 100,000

Why are you not advocating more for restrictions and more laws and more enforcement of laws that kill at least one order of magnitude higher than guns?

Non sequitur.

Doesn't fit the MO. It's not about saving lives it's about being able to bitch moan and wine about something. Want to save a multitude of lives more than guns take, worry about tobacco, or the dozen of other non constitutionaly protected activities that kill more innocent people than guns do.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Doesn't fit the MO. It's not about saving lives it's about being able to bitch moan and wine about something. Want to save a multitude of lives more than guns take, worry about tobacco, or the dozen of other non constitutionaly protected activities that kill more innocent people than guns do.

AND!!

It is about the intent and how that makes you feel

IT IS NOT

About the results

Another example?

The war on poverty

Failure for over 40 years
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

I wonder what would happen in the liberal sphere, if it was proven that green energy cars caused cancer.

Anvilbrother

Patriot act, anyone?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Liberal anti gunners are like doctors that are ignoring cardiovascular disease, infectious diseases, strokes, cancer, COPD etc, and are requesting billions of dollars to stop pertussis.

Like right-wing anti-terrorists?

(And what is it that they're ignoring?)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Liberal anti gunners are like doctors that are ignoring cardiovascular disease, infectious diseases, strokes, cancer, COPD etc, and are requesting billions of dollars to stop pertussis.

The gun-nuts are ignoring the thousands of their fellow citizens who are shot dead every year due to unnecessarily lax gun laws, and the anguish of the victims' families. So they throw dust in the air to try to conceal their indifference.

kallend

The gun-nuts are ignoring the thousands of their fellow citizens who are shot dead every year due to unnecessarily lax gun laws, and the anguish of the victims' families. So they throw dust in the air to try to conceal their indifference.

Going to fun see you prove this one

My issue is with the anti gun idiots who keep setting up defense free target zones for those with drug and mental issues

BTW

How many got shot and killed in Chicago this weekend?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

See your post #159 this thread, associated with a process known as "arithmetic".

More than before they loosened the gun laws. Gun murders are UP 21%

kallend

See your post #159 this thread, associated with a process known as "arithmetic".

You never list the laws or how they have been loosened so

Just more bs on your part
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Incorrect. You have a remarkably selective memory.

kallend

Incorrect. You have a remarkably selective memory.

Then all you need do is link the post

buy you wont
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4761614#4761614

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4761353#4761353

How does that crow taste?

Who the hell are you responding to with these?
Forget who you are bsing?
And
Were ANY who were legal to carry involved and ANY of these shooting?

These are nothing about the laws
just more of you bs

Also

No proposed law or strengthening of any existing law would have stopped/prevented ANY of the mass shooting in the last two years!

As admitted to by by the President (for one example)

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/foghorn/white-house-admits-common-sense-laws-wouldnt-have-stopped-va-shooter-wants-them-anyway/

So if it feels good and does nothing we will just do it anyway?

John
You have lost the argument here and have lost it with the American people
Abraham Lincoln

You asked for proof, I gave it (data from your OWN post)

You said I never stated which laws were changed, when just 9 days ago I had done that.

You asked for links to said posts, and said I wouldn't give them. I gave them.

Now you weasel weasel weasel and weasel some more.

kallend

You asked for proof, I gave it (data from your OWN post)

You said I never stated which laws were changed, when just 9 days ago I had done that.

You asked for links to said posts, and said I wouldn't give them. I gave them.

Now you weasel weasel weasel and weasel some more.

I asked for proof of gun laws you said were made toothless or new laws that would help

YOU changed the question

And you links mean nothing to the point you are trying to infer because none of the shooting are being done by legal gun owners
Abraham Lincoln

Giving people the right to keep arms is NOT loosening any laws

If this is what you are inferring you are way off the tracks

again
Abraham Lincoln