2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

kallend

What are you thankful for?

woo! Second amendment!! 'MURICA!

The 1st amendment is the envy of the world. The 2nd? The world is still in awe. But for an entirely different reason!

The English Bill of Rights (1689) formed the model for the US Bill of Rights.

But the UK has heavy restrictions on freedom of the press compared to the US. As does most of the western world. Daniel Ellsburg would have gone to jail in the UK. That is, if he dared.....Which he never would have in the repressive monarchical society that England lives under.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

What are you thankful for?

woo! Second amendment!! 'MURICA!

The 1st amendment is the envy of the world. The 2nd? The world is still in awe. But for an entirely different reason!

The English Bill of Rights (1689) formed the model for the US Bill of Rights.

But the UK has heavy restrictions on freedom of the press compared to the US. As does most of the western world. Daniel Ellsburg would have gone to jail in the UK. That is, if he dared.....Which he never would have in the repressive monarchical society that England lives under.

England executed its last repressive monarch in 1649.

The USA, with its "Imperial Presidency", could learn something from that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hi John,

The USA, with its "Imperial Presidency",

IMO this came about because of the Great Depression and the election of FDR. There was no 'Imperial Presidency' prior to then.

And it has been getting worse ever since.

And that is because the US legislature simply will not do it's job ( IMO ) properly.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

The USA, with its "Imperial Presidency",

IMO this came about because of the Great Depression and the election of FDR. There was no 'Imperial Presidency' prior to then.

And it has been getting worse ever since.

And that is because the US legislature simply will not do it's job ( IMO ) properly.

Jerry Baumchen

I think a lot of Big Government came from the Mississippi flood of 1927. John Barry does a great job of explaining it in "Rising Tide." And even though he's only mentioned once or twice, maybe two sentences towards the end, knowing what came before Huey P. Long goes a long way towards explaining why he was so loved.

normiss

Not enough people died.
Weak.
MOAR GUNS!!
MOAR DEATHS!!!

Meanwhile the ATF is considering a ban on bumpstocks.

House passes concealed carry gun bill
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363628-house-passes-concealed-carry-gun-bill
Two months after the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history, the House on Wednesday passed legislation that would allow people to use permits for carrying concealed handguns across state lines...

the bill passed along party lines, 231-198, due to Democratic opposition to the concealed-carry reciprocity measure

normiss

Not enough people died.
Weak.
MOAR GUNS!!
MOAR DEATHS!!!

Meanwhile the ATF is considering a ban on bumpstocks.

would that be a "fun size" shooting then ? or is it too early to talk about guns and shootings....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

In theory, I think this is a good idea.
In law, I think it sets the wrong precedent for federal to override state law on matters like this.
States have such different laws and rules on the CCW and who gets one, and traditionally that has been the right of each state to address this.

Barack Obama has warned of the fragility of American democracy, making reference to the rise of Nazi Germany in the 1930s.

Speaking during a question and answer session at the Economic Club of Chicago on Tuesday, the former US president warned against growing nativism in America.

“We have to tend to this garden of democracy or else things could fall apart quickly,” Mr Obama said.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/barack-obama-invokes-adolf-hitler-nazi-leader-democracy-a8096351.html

The far-right fantasized about a gun battle with Antifa, but got another mass killer in Texas
As America lurches from one crisis to another, the far right wants violence to be the new normal

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/07/the-far-right-fantasized-about-a-gun-battle-with-antifa-but-got-another-mass-killer-in-texas_partner/

Perhaps trump is even more dangerous than anyone thought?

millertime24

What does that have to do with what I posted? I'm trying to decrease my noise pollution footprint.;)

What does your noise pollution footprint have to do with "More mass shootings"? (Is there something you haven't told us about what you shoot at?)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***What does that have to do with what I posted? I'm trying to decrease my noise pollution footprint.;)

What does your noise pollution footprint have to do with "More mass shootings"? (Is there something you haven't told us about what you shoot at?)

Not that I was talking to you, but "More Mass Shootings" (or the politicizing of them) ARE making it rather difficult for ANY ease of all facets of firearm related regulation. That includes ease of regulation on laws governing the acquisition of suppressors.
Muff #5048

5 years ago today, we decided as a nation that the mass murders of children is not only tolerable, it's entirely permitted.
As a parent, I can not comprehend the horror.
The ONLY action taken, was to remove mental health regulations preventing those with mental illness to purchase weapons.
To me, that seems rather retarded.

I'm still angry and confused as to why NOTHING has been done.

If there's someone in your household who you know to be mentally challenged, particularly with social disorders, maybe it's a good idea not to keep guns around the house?

That's not really politically correct. The politically correct commentary is:

Thoughts and prayers. Don't politicize. Too soon to be talking about solutions. Let people heal. Nothing anyone could have done.

millertime24

Good. Now if they'll just pass the HPA so I don't have to wait for my suppressor. I seriously don't understand what's so bad about putting a muffler on my gun to provide me with a more enjoyable day at the range.

I'm just curious, but do suppressors interfere with accuracy?

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bob,

Huey P. Long

In the 1930's, in a discussion, FDR said that Douglas MacArthur was the 2nd most dangerous man in America.

When asked who was #1, FDR said Huey Long.

Jerry Baumchen

These days it's hard to imagine a politician being loved by the people the way he was.

yoink

Happy new year! [:/]

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42544599

If there's someone in your household who you know to be mentally challenged, particularly with social disorders, maybe it's a good idea not to keep guns around the house?

Seems like a pretty obvious risk factor to me.

But the idea of using gun safes has been around for at least 20 years.
Which brings me to a mind game. Imagine there is no second amendment, no NRA, and you as President can pass any law you want. What law would you pass? Oh, one condition. You have to show how it would make any difference at all. And be able to explain how this law would be enforced. This is fantasy, but it's fantasy about passing a law, not waving a magic wand.