yoink

Gunman opens fire at cinema in Lafayette

Bolas

Starting to see the pattern?

How many shootings in "gun free zones" vs. non?
Of those "gun free zones"
* How many had armed security?
* How many was there some sort of search conducted prior to entry to check for guns?

They also all have vowels in their place names. And that argument makes about as much sense as yours.

There will ALWAYS be harder and softer targets. Simply arming everyone doesn't stop incidents as you'd seem to suggest.
Armed military members didn't stop the IRA from blowing up police checkpoints and bases in Ireland for example.

Unless you want to create a totally militarized police state where everyone is paranoid AND armed AND monitored by the government this isn't a problem that you fix just by throwing more guns at it.

Saw this reply in some comments; sad but very true:

USA Fill-in-the-blanks News Report

A ________ entered a ________ and opened fire with a ________. ________ people were killed. Our prayers are with ________.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I think the trend will just continue, and we will all just get used to it. Kinda like traffic.

Conversation in 2050.

Oh, there was another school shooting... How many did the kid killed?..... 17.... Oh that's nothing,,,,, Remember Jimmy down the street? Jimmy killed 55 last year at DMV..

No one is gonna remember this guy from Lafayette. He simply did not kill enough people. You gotta shot some handicapped little kids to get noticed now days.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Just to be clear. I don't know any of you personally. I rather enjoy the banter of this section. No hard feelings on my part. Why would i be frustrated about such things when i have a weekend full of fun with my friends at the dropzone planned?

just sayin.. you guys/gals are all ok in my book.

RMK

Saw this reply in some comments; sad but very true:

USA Fill-in-the-blanks News Report

A student entered a fraternity and opened fire with a water-gun fill with beer. A goldfish perished, but no people were killed. Our prayers are with Flipper, the goldfish.

That was fun! Give me another!!!!

Unlike norm which has already diverted off topic to the grammar nazi tactic. I am identifying the issues, and offering the chance at proposing solutions, and discussing them.

Not defending anything pro gun, not arguing about the past politics, not bringing up any of the usual shit stirring responses or tactics.

Sure we can identify and propose solutions to more than one problem at a time. You deal with it as it comes. As shown above he wanted to stop people with mental illnesses from having them, I identified problems with that theory, and wait replies as how to fix those.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Bingo....the gun lobby demands a perfect first solution or nothing at all. There is no such thing and no one is going to stop all murders nor all gun violence. I have said it many times....we simply refuse to accept that we can do better.

See the updated signature for people who can't stay on topic and are forced to insults.

Care to get back on topic and actually maybe do some good here or are you still applying ointment from burn I gave your last fix to the mass shooting problem? Let's hear it. Fix the problem anyone...anyone..

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

So you've not read my views at all or are ignoring them.
You've had no opinion other than dismissal and telling me I'm not providing any ideas.
Yet they're right there.

I am on topic, I was responding to your claim that I'm angry.:D
Please pay attention.:P

Anvilbrother

See the updated signature for people who can't stay on topic and are forced to insults.

Care to get back on topic and actually maybe do some good here or are you still applying ointment from burn I gave your last fix to the mass shooting problem? Let's hear it. Fix the problem anyone...anyone..

I think you're missing a comma in your new sig. LOLOLOL unless that was the kitchy point you were making.

that_guy

***See the updated signature for people who can't stay on topic and are forced to insults.

I think you're missing a comma in your new sig. LOLOLOL unless that was the kitchy point you were making.

No, that would be a semicolon missing. Do they even teach English in American schools anymore? :D

Per Anvil's request, I must provide a solution:

Semicolons Separate Clauses. Here's an example: I have a big test tomorrow; I can't go out tonight. The two clauses in that sentence are separated by a semicolon and could be sentences on their own if you put a period between them instead
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

*Snarky one liner that could be a PA

*Types something that doesn't makes sense

*Poses question for opposition to answer, but won't actually look at replies or answer their own question

*Reich wing comment

*Libtard comment

*Back to the top and repeat for a nice, foamy Speakers Corner thread.

Type them out here for us all to see. Tell us what would could we do to end mass shootings. No one has time to research your thousands of posts to get an whole outlook on your "views".

List it out man let's hear it.

I did your solutions are.

-make laws have more stringent penalties and put more people in jail
-don't let people with confirmed mental illnesses have guns
-revoke gun rights for those who have new diagnosis.
- also jail people who let someone who is have a gun

Am I missing anything? Please tell me if I am...