yoink

Gunman opens fire at cinema in Lafayette

I asked for solutions to what might stop this, identified issues with the ones I saw, and noticed other issues as we found them.

Sorry if you are butthurt that I think that some of your ideas won't work, you act like its a personal insult to your family that I don't agree with some of them. You completely ignore the ideas we agreed on which are a good idea like mental health registries, gun revocations for mental health, etc. just so you can complain and throw insults like "I guess your solution is to do nothing" when we plainly agreed on two things so far that we both think need to happen. I totally imagine how you would be at a staff meeting now.

It's fine tho at least we came across a couple things we agree need to happen. I am kind of disappointed no one else jumped in here to throw their ideas out there, I will take note next shooting at who says something along the lines of "when will we finally_______...gun"

As for my offering of my own solutions I have said before mental health awareness and help is what I think is the main key and it's what we both agreed on so I did participate with ideas.

As for amazons saying people like myself are trying to distance ourselves from the GOP and shooter by saying its mental health this time because it's a white guy instead of calling it terrorism. She forgets the thread a few days back about the recruiting station where billvon and I discussed mental health and never said the word Muslim or terrorist. When in fact a Muslim with political motives did shoot up a place. Instead we both chose to discuss mental health and not focus on the irrelevant. Short term memory and it doesn't fit her her hate motive to point out people doing the exact opposite thing she says is happening.

Any ways thanks for coming together with me for a short time and agreeing on a few things, if you want to continue brainstorming about solutions I am willing also. ;)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

It is not his job to offer solutions, nor mine, nor yours. Sure if you have something to offer, then there is something to offer.

But to dismiss the idea that if 'we' cannot come up with the perfect solution then there is none, is as defective an argument as saying we have no solution available.

There are plenty of people out there, far smarter than you or I, that do have solutions that could be implemented. And there are plenty of countries and societies out there that already have better solutions in place that could be transported here.

But again, we simply refuse to. As an American society, we simply REFUSE to do anything, and therefore nothing will change.

And no one is saying we have to 'stop all mass shootings'. Most people are just looking at moving the bar in a more favorable directions somewhat. Reducing the numbers of gun murders, mass shootings and overall gun violence. This can easily be done. But we simply refuse to.

tkhayes

There are plenty of people out there, far smarter than you or I, that do have solutions that could be implemented.

[citation needed]

tkhayes

But again, we simply refuse to. As an American society, we simply REFUSE to do anything, and therefore nothing will change.

This still isn't true you know.

Depends on how big you require "we" to be.

Last time I checked I'm a U.S. Citizen residing in the U.S. and I can't a) buy a gun from a private party without going through a dealer with a background check b) buy a gun without a safety written test and practical demonstration and registering it c) buy a 22 pistol that has a threaded barrel cause it's an "assault weapon" d) own a suppressor e) buy a handgun without waiting 10 days f) buy more than one handgun every 30 days g) buy a magazine that holds over ten rounds h) store a firearm in such a way that a child or prohibited person could get to it i) obtain a ccw permit j) transport a firearm without it being unloaded and locked in a container k) buy a handgun not on an approved list that you can no longer add guns to

Since Sandy Hook? I've already posted threads about the new laws, some only proposed, some passed and signed.

Some of the above is reasonable, some is ridiculous. None of it is "nothing."

kallend

Ok, what have we chosen to do since, say, Sandy Hook?

Well the handguns I am allowed to buy keeps getting fewer and fewer. As CDOJ keeps dropping them off the handgun roster.

champu was replying while I was his is much better stated.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

champu

Depends on how big you require "we" to be.

Last time I checked I'm a U.S. Citizen residing in the U.S. and I can't a) buy a gun from a private party without going through a dealer with a background check b) buy a gun without a safety written test and practical demonstration and registering it c) buy a 22 pistol that has a threaded barrel cause it's an "assault weapon" d) own a suppressor e) buy a handgun without waiting 10 days f) buy more than one handgun every 30 days g) buy a magazine that holds over ten rounds h) store a firearm in such a way that a child or prohibited person could get to it i) obtain a ccw permit j) transport a firearm without it being unloaded and locked in a container k) buy a handgun not on an approved list that you can no longer add guns to

Since Sandy Hook? I've already posted threads about the new laws, some only proposed, some passed and signed.

"We" would be the USA. Mass shootings are not limited to just one city or state. Local laws are so easily circumvented as to be just theater.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Depends on how big you require "we" to be.

"We" would be the USA. Mass shootings are not limited to just one city or state. Local laws are so easily circumvented as to be just theater.

While it may just be theater to you, it is a fact of life for millions of law abiding citizens. And some people think we should give up even more so they can say something is being done. Even though what they want will not stop the criminals.

kallend

Ok, what have we chosen to do since, say, Sandy Hook?

Washington state approved a measure to have background checks run for all firearms transferred.
It is a good step in the right direction.... to keep hands off by those who should not have them.

NOW.. if they could just enforce it properly>:(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/05/washington-state-background-checks_n_6103282.html

Voters in Washington state chose to advance a ballot initiative on Tuesday that will expand background checks for guns and effectively close what is known as the "gun show loophole."

Initiative 594, which passed with 60 percent of the vote, mandates background checks on all gun sales and transfers, including at gun shows and online. The measure makes exceptions for weapons transferred within families and for the purchase of antique guns.

The passage of I-594 closely follows the Oct. 24 shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High School in Marysville, Washington, that left four students dead, including the shooter, and three more injured.

As has been the case with previous mass shootings, public support for stricter gun laws increased in the week following the Marysville shooting, according to a survey conducted by local PBS affiliate KCTS-9. At the same time, the poll showed an increase in the percentage of voters who said they would oppose new background checks, suggesting that the shooting galvanized public opinion on both sides.

The increased opposition in some quarters to expanded background checks may have been due in part to the presence of Initiative 591, a competing measure, on the ballot. I-591 would have loosened gun laws by prohibiting background checks on gun purchases unless required by federal law. Washington residents ultimately rejected the measure, with more than 54 percent voting against it according to early returns.

Groups on both sides of the background checks issue poured considerable money into the state in the hopes of swaying voters in their direction. The National Rifle Association spent approximately $450,000 trying to defeat I-594, with its chief lobbyist even invoking a Nazi Germany analogy to characterize the closure of the gun show loophole.

Those are all state laws, not local laws (although the ccw one is state law combined with a local enforcement policy) and you'll forgive me for not having my spirits lifted when you point out how easy it is to ignore them.

Remember how I said some are reasonable and some are ridiculous? My recommendation is to focus on the reasonable thing some of "us" do (if I may take the liberty of including myself in our conversation) and stop supporting people who focus on the unreasonable.

Washington state approved a measure to have background checks run for all firearms transferred.
It is a good step in the right direction.... to keep hands off by those who should not have them.

NOW.. if they could just enforce it properlyMad

Requiring background checks for private sales in un-enforcable without requiring all firearms to be registered. They passed this same law in CO last year. Law enforcement wants it repealed because they cannot enforce it.

Derek V

Officials have said Mr. Russell, of Phenix City, Ala., legally bought the murder weapon there in 2014, although he had been denied a state-issued concealed weapons permit in 2006 because he was accused of domestic violence and soliciting arson. His family repeatedly described him as violent and mentally ill, and questions about his mental health had been raised for decades. In 2008, his family had him involuntarily committed to a hospital in Georgia to receive psychiatric care.

Yep, just the person to be allowed legally to buy a gun.

But it's all OK, since more people are killed by swimming pools.:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Officials have said Mr. Russell, of Phenix City, Ala., legally bought the murder weapon there in 2014, although he had been denied a state-issued concealed weapons permit in 2006 because he was accused of domestic violence and soliciting arson. His family repeatedly described him as violent and mentally ill, and questions about his mental health had been raised for decades. In 2008, his family had him involuntarily committed to a hospital in Georgia to receive psychiatric care.

Yep, just the person to be allowed legally to buy a gun.

But it's all OK, since more people are killed by swimming pools.:S

So will you also blame the hospital in Georgia for letting him out. I mean any gun dealer is supposed to clearly see he is a loony, why not doctor's?

kallend

***Depends on how big you require "we" to be.

because chicago is doing such a sterling job.

regulator

******Depends on how big you require "we" to be.

because chicago is doing such a sterling job.

Depends what areas you consider Chicago....

JohnnyMarko

Depends what areas you consider Chicago....

Is Alabama part of Chicago?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So Saturday 45 minutes away in BATON ROUGE this retard went to the Perkins Rowe movie theater and said she was going to shoot the place up multiple times.

If you were in line next to her when she said that, what would have been your actions?

I wonder if a citizen would have taken her down and held her there till cops arrived if there would have been charges on them. After all she did not have a gun in her hand or visibly accessible to her and free speech and all.

http://theadvocate.com/news/13017546-123/woman-arrested-at-baton-rouge

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Amazon

***This photo sums up the odd priorities:

Face it.... your culture does not understand a need for guns... you live in a different world where you have always been indoctrinated by those in power( who have stayed in power for centuries by having an unarmed populace). Your criminals rely on that knowledge of an unarmed populace.. yes you do have violent crime.... and those who wish to kill someone find other less efficient means.... both in Europe and in Canada. The nanny states you have created tell you how safe you are all the time but are you really??? What have you given up to be so "safe"

I have given up significant percentage points in the chance of getting shot in a mass shooting.

Other than that, I have not given up a single freedom with not having a right to carry a gun at almost all times.

Anvilbrother

So Saturday 45 minutes away in BATON ROUGE this retard went to the Perkins Rowe movie theater and said she was going to shoot the place up multiple times.

If you were in line next to her when she said that, what would have been your actions?

I wonder if a citizen would have taken her down and held her there till cops arrived if there would have been charges on them. After all she did not have a gun in her hand or visibly accessible to her and free speech and all.

http://theadvocate.com/news/13017546-123/woman-arrested-at-baton-rouge

Damn... well, the cop did his job.

Can't say the same about the ones up in Denver... but you have to blame the Denver mayor and chief of police.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421534/police-social-justice-denver

:S
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

While I think it's seriously lacking in class to hold that kind of anti-demonstration, I also wonder what happened to "reporting the facts?" There sure was a lot of editorializing in there. Detracts from the message.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

billvon

>Can't say the same about the ones up in Denver... but you have to blame the
>Denver mayor and chief of police.

As long as there's someone to blame . . . .

Ok
His political manifesto shows he supported Obama
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln