regulator

47 People shot in chicago over the weekend. WHAT A SUPRISE!!!

Idiot liberals: Gun control isn't about guns it's about control.

I WILL NOT COMPLY.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/05/us/chicago-violent-weekend/index.html

(CNN)A visibly angry Chicago Police Department Superintendent said Sunday that he is "outraged and saddened" by a violent holiday weekend there.

Even in a city frequently beset by head-grabbing violence, seven slayings between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon drew terrible attention.

In a news conference on Sunday afternoon, Superintendent Garry McCarthy pointed out one child is dead -- the victim of a bullet meant for his father, who is a ranking gang member -- despite a 30% increase in the number of police on the streets this weekend.

Since Friday morning, his police officers have recovered one illegal gun per hour across the city, according to McCarthy.

And he said he expects that statistic to increase as the numbers are tallied and finalized. He said the police are doing everything in their power to combat the violence.

'We need to repair a broken system'
"We need to repair a broken system. Criminals don't feel the repercussions of the justice system," McCarthy said.

A Chicago Police spokesperson said Sunday that along with the seven slayings, there were 33 shootings and 40 nonfatal victims in the wave of incidents.

McCarthy focused on the death of 7-year-old Amari Brown, who McCarthy said was the unintended victim of bullet meant for his father.

McCarthy said the system failed Amari. His father, who has been arrested 45 times and has a lengthy criminal record, should not have been on the streets, he said.

"If Mr. Brown is in custody, his son is alive," McCarthy added.

'I'm angry and I'm frustrated'
"I'm angry and I'm frustrated that we're here talking about another senseless murder," McCarthy said.

McCarthy said he is incredibly proud of the men and women of his department and the work they do, but added that "we must stem the flow of guns into the city."

This year's statistics may sound staggering, but compared with last year, the number of violent incidents is actually down. For the same period in 2014, there were 64 shootings, 69 nonfatal victims in those incidents and 15 slayings

A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

There is a 40% increase in shootings and 29% more homicides for the first part of this year.

The rate of unregistered or stolen guns recovered by Chicago police increased 22% in the first quarter of 2015 from the same period last year. Police have recovered more than 1,500 illegal guns this year, and first-quarter arrests for illegal gun possession increased 39%.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/01/chicago-murders-shootings/70787110/

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

There is a 40% increase in shootings and 29% more homicides for the first part of this year.

The rate of unregistered or stolen guns recovered by Chicago police increased 22% in the first quarter of 2015 from the same period last year. Police have recovered more than 1,500 illegal guns this year, and first-quarter arrests for illegal gun possession increased 39%.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/01/chicago-murders-shootings/70787110/

So the gun restrictions were eliminated (2011) and concealed carry allowed (2014), and now there's a surge in shootings.

What a surprise.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

So the gun restrictions were eliminated (2011) and concealed carry allowed (2014), and now there's a surge in shootings.

What a surprise.

There are over 300 million firearms in america. There is nothing you or your black daddy obama can do about it.

regulator

******A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

What a surprise.

There are over 300 million firearms in america. There is nothing you or your black daddy obama can do about it.

Your original premise being shown to be false, you now resort to racist comments.

What proof do you have that the lax in gun regulations are leading to this other than the existence of the timeline? They are saying most of the guns are from states like mississippi, so how would lax gun laws, and CC in Chicago be the leading cause?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

kallend

What a surprise.

Gun restrictions in Chicago were far from "eliminated" in 2011.

How many times has the city passed restrictions on who can own guns since then? How many times has the city been taken to court on them?

And you will notice that the quoted text in the OP says the city is taking "Illegal Guns" off the street.

That would seem to indicate that the guns either aren't legally possessed, or aren't legally carried.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

*********A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

What a surprise.

Your original premise being shown to be false, you now resort to racist comments.

You can call me a racist all you want but if look at the leading cause of death of black men in places like chicago you will see it's other black men. Shooting guns in one of the most gun restrictive states.

I heard it was more line 80 wounded and 15 dead.

This doesn't happen in Dallas. It doesn't happen in other places where guns are everywhere.

No. It happens in Chicago. Or New Orleans. Or St Louis. Places where there is something cultural. There are places with guns where this doesn't happen. There are places without guns where this doesn't happen.

So what is it about there places? Any ideas? And don't go with the "guns" stuff because they are all over. Even in Chicago.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

I heard it was more line 80 wounded and 15 dead.

This doesn't happen in Dallas. It doesn't happen in other places where guns are everywhere.

No. It happens in Chicago. Or New Orleans. Or St Louis. Places where there is something cultural. There are places with guns where this doesn't happen. There are places without guns where this doesn't happen.

So what is it about there places? Any ideas? And don't go with the "guns" stuff because they are all over. Even in Chicago.

I think it's like Brazil in some US locales. Violence is part of the culture, and guns make it worse. Africa has become a continental slaughterhouse since the collapse of the Warsaw Pact led to the dumping of large numbers of full-auto weapons into tribal conflicts, which resurged after the colonial governments left. Since 2000, nearly a MILLION have been killed in Congo (unconfirmed estimates run as high as six million) and no one seems to care. One only need look at Brazil or Congo. Guns are machines. They have no conscience and cannot act by themselves.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

regulator

You can call me a racist all you want but if look at the leading cause of death of black men in places like chicago you will see it's other black men. Shooting guns in one of the most gun restrictive states.

Every time somebody responds to an actual point you attempt to make, you change the subject in a ridiculous direction and make an equally ridiculous point, the above being the latest link in the chain. So far we have:

"Gun control is bad"
"Obama is black"
"The leading cause of death for black men in places like Chicago is other black men"

Indulging you by going (way) off the original topic... on what is the statement above based? If asked, I would guess that the leading cause of death for black men in Chicago* is old age. But I have no data, so I can't say for sure. So either you have the data (which I'd like to see), or you're just randomly making things up, which I'm guessing is the case.

*I am not sure what "places like Chicago" means (unless it means "places where black people live"), so I've reduced it to just Chicago.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hmmm...I thought black lives mattered.

Boomerdog

I don't think they matter much to sheet wearin folk..... they have other people they like to hate on too.... Jews... Homo's.... Catholics.... Am I missing any groups???

Amazon

I don't think they matter much to sheet wearin folk..... they have other people they like to hate on too.... Jews... Homo's.... Catholics.... Am I missing any groups???

Sure. How about hatin' on RePUBICans and conservatards?

You don't have a problem with hate. You just have problems with those who hate different targets from yours.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Anvilbrother

What proof do you have that the lax in gun regulations are leading to this other than the existence of the timeline? They are saying most of the guns are from states like mississippi, so how would lax gun laws, and CC in Chicago be the leading cause?

Well, the timeline is significantly more evidence for my point than it is for the "more guns less crime" crowd.

wolfriverjoe

What a surprise.

Gun restrictions in Chicago were far from "eliminated" in 2011.

Well, restrictions aren't eliminated in any part of the USA, since you mention it. Federal restrictions apply in all states.

I live in the city of Chicago. I can legally buy a gun with minimal hassle. I can get a CCW permit after taking a short course, as can any other non-felon adult.

Further, the idea of a "free market" is supposed to prevent this. If a place is extremely violent, free market principles would dictate that people leave and go somewhere else, eventually leading to a decrease in violence.

kallend

***A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

What a surprise.

If your going to make statements like this back it up with data Professor. Just how many of those shootings were by LEGAL gun owners? How many by people with CCP's? You know TRUTH and FACTS those sticky little problems you have such a hard time with.

And lastly since I am betting ALL of these shooting's were done by criminals making every gun they had illegal what Law do you think can be passed to make criminals obey the law?

I will never in all of my days understand how a learned man such as yourself can be so oblivious to the obvious.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

catfishhunter

******A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

What a surprise.

If your going to make statements like this back it up with data Professor. Just how many of those shootings were buy LEGAL gun owners? How many by people with CCP's? You know TRUTH and FACTS those sticky little problems you have such a hard time with.

And lastly since I am betting ALL of these shutting's were done by criminals making every gun they had illegal what Law do you think can be passed to make criminals obey the law?

I will never in all of my days understand how a learned man such as yourself can be so oblivious to the obvious.

Why aren't you asking the OP for this?

The OP comes on and blames all these shootings on gun control.

Kallend retorts with actually regulations are less tough now, yet shootings went up.

Multiple people demand proof and data from Kallend.

Might just be a slight bias showing? :D

catfishhunter

It's because he's an anti-gun troll on here. :P
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

It's because he's an anti-gun troll on here. :P

Yeah, "More guns less crime" really worked out well, didn't it.

It surprises me how anyone can be so oblivious to the english language. The OP claimed that gun violence was so high because they were banned. Kallend simply pointed out that gun violence was rising after restrictions had significantly dropped.

So how is the conversation his fault?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?