RonD1120

Hope to repeal Obamacare

I like the way you stated your analogy.

In my case, I wanted freedom from the bondage of alcoholism which was manifested in unresolved anger, fear, depression and guilt. My life was dysfunctional but I was surviving. When I accepted Christ I was set free from the aforementioned and started living a functional life.

The book resonated what I needed to hear. My question to others is, what do you need to hear?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I have a friend that took that same approach to cure his addictions.
It's worked miraculously! :P

Now he's trying to understand all the insanity of the religion and it's not working any longer.
Still sober, yet found religion to be a cult of insanity.
Quite an interesting journey to witness.

Like most people on their journey through life, I expect he will find his answers.
He's not liking the insanity that is religious belief.
I doubt a christian will help with that, based on my questions at that point.
B|

Have a great day bud.
:)

RonD1120

I like the way you stated your analogy.

In my case, I wanted freedom from the bondage of alcoholism which was manifested in unresolved anger, fear, depression and guilt. My life was dysfunctional but I was surviving. When I accepted Christ I was set free from the aforementioned and started living a functional life.

The book resonated what I needed to hear. My question to others is, what do you need to hear?

It is indeed a Fair point.

I also like the analogy.

. . . you have basically stated that, wether it is true or not, you have chosen to believe, no matter the outcome ,or the actual reality, whatever that may be. It is your choice, everyone has a choice, and the resonance is individual.

Logically one can the choices and needs for what "sets them free" that every religion provides, if your tuning fork aligns with the teachings.

So reaching a bit, it could be just as likely that would be aligned with Scientology, if, when you needed the "saving" a good salesman was there at the right time to show you the error of your ways.

THAT is what I hate about religions. By default they are patently false, and just there to make you feel better, while demanding you tithe to their cause.

It's a business. Just like a pyramid scheme.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

In my situation, I was totally alone, homeless and stranded in the Sierra Nevada Mountains when the Holy Spirit led me to Jesus. No other human being was around.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

champu

***[there are] stories inside that are actually a good way to live by if your smart enough to filter out the BS and crazy parts?

Ah, there's the rub.

You're familiar with tuning forks, right? U-shaped metal bar with a handle, you bang it on something, and after waiting a couple seconds for the overtones to dampen out you get a nice clean reference tone that's always at the same one frequency. That frequency is a function of density, stiffness, and dimensions of the prongs.

The interesting question in all of that to an engineer (or anyone who has had some other reason to study Fourier analysis) is, "what's with the banging it on something? Why does that excite this one frequency, and how come it works on any tuning fork?"

Well, when you bang the fork you're imparting something that approximates what's called a Dirac delta function. A fancy name for an infinitely short duration, infinitely high spike. If you look at the frequency content of this function (the math here is a hoot, but I'll spare everyone) you'll find that it's composed equally of all frequencies. All of them... i.e. there's something for every fork. You just hit the fork with all frequencies and it filtered out the one it liked best.

If you pack a book full of enough complete bullshit and hit someone over the head with it, they're going to resonate with the parts of it they like best. But what they come away with says a hell of a lot more about them than the book you happened to have handy.

Some of us do understand Fourier transforms.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

In my situation, I was totally alone, homeless and stranded in the Sierra Nevada Mountains when the Holy Spirit led me to Jesus. No other human being was around.

I'm glad it works for you.

And I'm not trying to come off as an ass, I am an ass, but that's different.:D

Just because it works for you, doesn't mean that it is even real. I don't understand why so many profess it as truth and the only way. By your own admission, it isn't.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

Some of us do understand Fourier transforms.

Corollary: If you drone on and on in a post in speakers corner each reader will just resonate with the part they like best (note: odd responses come about due to imaginary post content.)

normiss

I have a friend that took that same approach to cure his addictions.
It's worked miraculously! :P

Now he's trying to understand all the insanity of the religion and it's not working any longer.
Still sober, yet found religion to be a cult of insanity.
Quite an interesting journey to witness.

I no longer smoke, drink or touch anything stronger than coffee (for the better part of three decades).

I do not believe much of anything. I concluded that religion was but a socially acceptable form of psychosis when I was eight. I have yet to come across any evidence to disabuse me of that conclusion; rather, careful observation over the years has served to reinforce the position.

Having said that, if someone wants to rely on Gichimanitou to lay off the self-destructive lifestyle, so be it. Whatever works.

BSBD,

Winsor

billvon

>(note: odd responses come about due to imaginary post content.)

Only for complex posts.

i understand what you're saying

unless I'm electrically biased then
j understand what you're saying

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Follow up from my veteran's representative, I am active in the VA system again and have been assigned a PC physician.

RonD1120

Follow up from my veteran's representative, I am active in the VA system again and have been assigned a PC physician.

I am hoping I never find myself in need of ever using my VA "benefits" ever again. So far so good.

The James A Haley VA in Tampa is excellent. I am told that the Charles George VA in Asheville is equally as good. Both are connected to civilian teaching hospitals. Upon arriving up here in the north GA mountains, I was advised to stay away from the Atlanta VA. I was told that racial prejudice exists there and the care is substandard. That and Atlanta traffic is to be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

I will stay with the VA since I am uncertain what Obamacare will do to put me at further disadvantage.

RonD1120

I will stay with the VA since I am uncertain what Obamacare will do to put me at further disadvantage.

I am really curious to hear what exactly your problem is with Obamacare. I mean what specifically, please don't link to an article that tells me what someone else's problem is with it, I am interested what YOUR problem is with it. You have been complaining about it since it's inception but other than the fact that it was "created" by Obama, you have never said what your problem is that I can find in your posts.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

okalb

***I will stay with the VA since I am uncertain what Obamacare will do to put me at further disadvantage.

I am really curious to hear what exactly your problem is with Obamacare. I mean what specifically, please don't link to an article that tells me what someone else's problem is with it, I am interested what YOUR problem is with it. You have been complaining about it since it's inception but other than the fact that it was "created" by Obama, you have never said what your problem is that I can find in your posts.

On average
Premiums are up 35%
However, this increase has been kept lower than is would have been because of the large increases in out of pocket (deductions) and not having many treatment and diagnostic options being available.

Health insurance companies stocks are soring and they are pushing hard to keep Obamacare as is

The last thing alone should tell us all something
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, but I am really interested in what Ron has against it. Judging from the things that he has posted in the past, I get the impression that he doesn't know what he has against it other than it came from Obama so it must be bad.

Health insurance companies stocks are soring and they are pushing hard to keep Obamacare as is

The last thing alone should tell us all something

I also find it funny that if I made that exact statement and replaced Health insurance companies with Oil companies pushing hard to keep renewable energy down, you would disagree and jump all over me for it. Not looking for a debate about climate change, just pointing out your hypocrisy. If Health insurance companies are making record profits and want to keep things the way they are, it must automatically be bad. If energy companies are making record profits and want to keep things the way they are, we should trust them.