rushmc

Ferguson Redidents Rioted Because of Police Treatment? Think Again!

360lb man, engaging in criminal behavior, decides to resist, but I'm sure that's just "random violence".

Don't think any evidence was ever presented that he actually was selling "loosies" at the time. We simply don't know if he was engaging in criminal activity when he was approached.

If you fail to sign a misdemeanor summons you can be arrested, because that paper swears you or your council will show up in court, and is how how your able to stay free. If you refuse to sign you usually go to jail and that can include traffic tickets.

Don't think any evidence was ever presented that he actually was selling "loosies" at the time. We simply don't know if he was engaging in criminal activity when he was approached.

They were in the process of arresting and charging him, he had a record for similar offenses.
These things are not occurring in a vacuum, they are responses to actions taken by the people involved.

You'll see a lot detractors screaming about the cops shooting dogs. Each time the dog was doing something to elicit a reaction. Good or bad there are reasons these things happen. I've had to shoot a couple dogs, and I'm an animal guy.
If the cops were going around randomly shooting cats, them we'd all have reason to be concerned..........

The same applies to these things, especially Ferguson. It is a false narrative, and has been proven so.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

They were in the process of arresting and charging him, he had a record for similar offenses.
These things are not occurring in a vacuum, they are responses to actions taken by the people involved.

The same applies to these things, especially Ferguson. It is a false narrative, and has been proven so.

1. Not all summary executions by police are of people who have done anything wrong. List available on request.

2. Summary execution is an inappropriate response in almost all situations anyway.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

Not always accurate.

I've been given a few notices to appear and never signed any of them.

Yea that's why I said "can". Depending on the state you go to jail. Louisiana, Utah, Nevada, Texas and California are a few that I know right off that are like that. Your signature isn't an admission of guilt only that you agree to show up in court.

1. Not all summary executions by police are of people who have done anything wrong. List available on request.

2. Summary execution is an inappropriate response in almost all situations anyway.

A PERFECT example of a false narrative, there is not one part of that even remotely true. The sarcasm is expected, especially when facts don't matter.

Ok, bring up Diallo, you always do.

One would think a smart guy like you would promote a causational analysis, but rhetoric is much easier.

You seem to be out of touch with reality.

Nope,
I've been living this reality for almost 30yrs, perhaps you should try it. But something tells me the background investigation may be a problem.

skycop

I've been living this reality for almost 30yrs, perhaps you should try it.

Just a niggling technicality, but there is no "this reality" or "that reality."

There is a person's perception of reality, but "real" reality is independent of the observer.

With that in mind, it's probably best to acknowledge each person has their own experience, but not their own reality.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***I've been living this reality for almost 30yrs, perhaps you should try it.

Just a niggling technicality, but there is no "this reality" or "that reality."

There is a person's perception of reality, but "real" reality is independent of the observer.

With that in mind, it's probably best to acknowledge each person has their own experience, but not their own reality.

It's all relative.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

skycop

A PERFECT example of a false narrative, there is not one part of that even remotely true. The sarcasm is expected, especially when facts don't matter.

Ok, bring up Diallo, you always do.

One would think a smart guy like you would promote a causational analysis, but rhetoric is much easier.

Nonsense, and provably nonsense response from you. Diallo is but one example, there are many others.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You use the term "summary execution" and I'm the one spewing nonsense.

This may work on your captive audience of entitled millennials..................

Perhaps you should listen to these young people

http://fox8.com/2015/05/27/dont-believe-the-hype-brunswick-students-lock-arms-with-officers-to-spread-positive-message/

That doesn't mean he was involved in criminal activity at that time. That means he was suspected of doing so. The judge and jury decide if he was actually involved in criminal activity. But, in this case that will never be established, since nobody cared enough about a human being to take some basic level of care. I know this might be hard to believe for you, but cops have been wrong before.

Innocent until proven guilty I guess only applies to cops killing civilians. In your land of the free running constitutes a crime.

skycop

If the cops were going around randomly shooting cats, them we'd all have reason to be concerned..........

Why - wouldn't the budget be able to afford giving out the bonuses for the public service?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

Innocent until proven guilty I guess only applies to cops killing civilians. In your land of the free running constitutes a crime.

I would think that running from the police is a crime in every country.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun