Amazon

Less than Lethal not so Less after all.

Coreeece

********* I for one, would like to see a massive disarming of the police. They need to learn better ways of handling crime, as does the entire country. It starts with having some respect for people.

More ignorant shit...you never have lived in a violent inner city, have you?

I can't speak for TK's residences, but I have worked on the south side of Chicago for 37 years, I currently live there, and I agree 100% with TK's words.

I know...you want to "massively disarm" everybody. I wish that was a practical solution.

Please provide a link to any post I've ever made suggesting that.

As I see it, the suggestion is that the police don't need to be armed like US Special Forces going into battle. European police haven't been militarized to the same extent, and in general the outcomes there are rather better.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Coreeece

Typical...it was people like you who pushed for less lethal force to begin with... I hope you're happy.

Pretty soon our cops will be tackling the streets with paintball guns and Handkerchief codes...

those look too much like assault rifles. They must have pillows and towels, otherwise they are just too scary.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

I know...you want to "massively disarm" everybody. I wish that was a practical solution.

Please provide a link to any post I've ever made suggesting that.

Your posts reflect support for the idea that the absence of guns in homes and communities are the most reliable and effective measure to prevent firearm-related injuries. It's not unreasonable to conclude that you would support almost any law, influence or hoplophobic doctor advice to achieve that ultimate goal.

I can say that I'm pro-choice all day long, but nobody is going to take that claim serious if all I do is argue about how abortion is wrong and support laws that make them more difficult to obtain.

kallend

As I see it, the suggestion is that the police don't need to be armed like US Special Forces going into battle.

Maybe, maybe not...depends on the situation I guess.

Almost every police incident we've been hearing about lately only involved a typical handgun and/or tazer....nothing "special" about them.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

JerryBaumchen

Hi Coreece,

I'm pro-choice all day long . . . and support laws that make them more difficult to obtain

Rather dichotomous don't you think?

Jerry Baumchen

Jerry.... Dear.. this is Speakers Corner... STOP using 20 dollah words.... RIGHT NOW:D

I for one, would like to see a massive disarming of the police.

With that statement you have shown that you don't have a god damned clue what the majority of cops carry in the us.

Your assuming based off events that have hit the news that all cops have full military gear helmets, rifles, and SWAT training. When in reality most cops in the us only have basic POST handgun training, shoot smaller than a .45 cal pistol, use an old hunting type pump 870 shotgun, and have only handgun rated body armor.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Driver1

***I for one, would like to see a massive disarming of the police.

Maybe you would be much happier living in fucking England. :|

I'm not in favor of disarming the police any more than I am in favor of disarming the citizenry of this country.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I made no such assumption, I said 'the police' as in 'collective', not individually.

Are you going to tell me and argue with me that the police, collectively, are NOT actually armed with assault rifles, tear gas and far more weaponry than they were some 30-50 years ago? or even 10 years ago?

go ahead, make your case.

Maybe I would be happier in England, but I live here.

And unlike most Americans that took the easy route of simply being born here to become citizens, I actually EARNED my citizenship.

If you don't like the way I would like the country to be run, given that I have a voice, a vote and a stance, then maybe YOU should leave....afterall, that is how 'your country' was founded, by people seeking a new home to avoid their terrible 'oppression'.

go ahead...find a new home where you can be as free as you fantasize about and where you do not have to give a flying fuck about human life at all. You can start your own police forces who can shoot anyone they please whenever they please.

But not in 'my country'.

There has been no post above advocating disarming US police. The thread is really about that they should be a little less "tase happy".
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

There has been no post above advocating disarming US police. The thread is really about that they should be a little less "tase happy".

I guess you missed this one

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4725542#4725542

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

police are weaponized to the max

. This is what you said and backs up my original claim that you have no clue what the current average load out is for most cops in America.

I'm not answering your question because your moving the goal posts. Most cops in the us are carrying the same amount of firepower they had before, and even have tools now designed to protect citizens than compared to the past. 40 years ago the options were get beat or shot, now they have the option to spray, taser, or bean bag you before it moves to that point.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

police are weaponized to the max

. This is what you said and backs up my original claim that you have no clue what the current average load out is for most cops in America.

I'm not answering your question because your moving the goal posts. Most cops in the us are carrying the same amount of firepower they had before, and even have tools now designed to protect citizens than compared to the past. 40 years ago the options were get beat or shot, now they have the option to spray, taser, or bean bag you before it moves to that point.

Isn't that like talking about the average load out for an Army soldier as evidence that the US military isn't weaponized?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

tkhayes

Maybe I would be happier in England, but I live here.

And unlike most Americans that took the easy route of simply being born here to become citizens, I actually EARNED my citizenship.

If you don't like the way I would like the country to be run, given that I have a voice, a vote and a stance, then maybe YOU should leave....afterall, that is how 'your country' was founded, by people seeking a new home to avoid their terrible 'oppression'.

go ahead...find a new home where you can be as free as you fantasize about and where you do not have to give a flying fuck about human life at all. You can start your own police forces who can shoot anyone they please whenever they please.

But not in 'my country'.

:D:D:D I'm just fine the way things are here. It's an imperfect country where people make mistakes.

I just find your view on the police being too weaponized ridiculous. They carry their standard issue gun, maybe a taser, maybe a tactical shotgun or AR-15 in the trunk of their cruiser for "special" situations, after all, they don't want to be out-gunned.

They have to maintain control or else all hell breaks loose.

Now if YOU don't like it, go run for office on your anti-gun platform and see how far that takes you. :P
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

When is the last time he saw an officer conduct a traffic stop with an Ar platform rifle...... Thought so.

Compared to the last time I went fishing in Mexico, we rounded a turn in the middle of no where and was greeted by a mexican road block. On both sides of the road was Humves one had a m19 grenade, and the other it looked like a .50 cal. There were guys standing behind trees with guns pointed at us. Behind them was a huge truck with a boom attached to it that they made us drive through. It was a random stop and xray your vehicle point. They made us drive slowly through this xray machine while in the vehicle..... I have never been back since.

Anvilbrother

When is the last time he saw an officer conduct a traffic stop with an Ar platform rifle...... Thought so.

That's not so much a problem as is the tear gas...I mean, how am I supposed to riot with that stuff in my eyes. It's not fair...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

***When is the last time he saw an officer conduct a traffic stop with an Ar platform rifle...... Thought so.

That's not so much a problem as is the tear gas...I mean, how am I supposed to riot with that stuff in my eyes. It's not fair...

Well, you first have to move to Baltimore, where the mayor allows looting and rioting.

Anvilbrother

Compared to the last time I went fishing in Mexico, we rounded a turn in the middle of no where and was greeted by a mexican road block. On both sides of the road was Humves one had a m19 grenade, and the other it looked like a .50 cal. There were guys standing behind trees with guns pointed at us. Behind them was a huge truck with a boom attached to it that they made us drive through. It was a random stop and xray your vehicle point. They made us drive slowly through this xray machine while in the vehicle..... I have never been back since.

After Sturgis 2013, on the highway with my pickup and Harley (yes, I towed it... but it's a rigid), 200 yards south of the Canadian border and about to depart your lovely country, I was stopped on the road by 3 members of your Border Patrol, (I believe they generically qualify as "Law Enforcement Officers"), who demanded to see my Passport... a rather odd request considering the location. I complied regardless. No reason was given for the stop. Mind you, I sure as hell didn't ask either!

Each were equipped with vests and sidearms, but disconcertingly two were also carrying some type of rifles. (See picture attached to see the carry-postures). The demeanor of all three gentlemen was far from conducive to neighbourly relations. When satisfied by whatever it was they were looking for they brusquely pointed at the visible Canadian border station. It was 200 yards ahead, on a straight divided rural road with no u-turns. I'm pretty sure I could have found my own way.

Call me a weenie all you want, but also be assured that I felt unduly threatened. And for the most fleeting of moments I actually contemplated flooring the throttle to reach the safety of my own country.

I am later-50's, clean shaven, caucasian, with a crystal-clean record. I cannot possibly imagine being a visible minority living in the heart of an American city.

jakee

***When is the last time he saw an officer conduct a traffic stop with an Ar platform rifle.

What about when serving a warrant for a non-violent offense?

You mean like this guy?