RonD1120

Christian "high horse"

What are atheists making you do that you don't want to do, or stopping you from doing that you want to do?

Read the thread John before you troll.

As for the rest......why is it that Muslims must be treated with respect as such a small % are actually terrorist, yet in your limited capacity all Christians are completely and totally 100% women controllers?

The answer is simple.

You know they aren't, your just baiting.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

My wife taught and worked in the elementary school system for 27 years. The identification of some children with dinosaurs was an on going distraction and general disruption.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

My wife taught and worked in the elementary school system for 27 years. The identification of some children with dinosaurs was an on going distraction and general disruption.

I may be misunderstanding your point but are you saying it is a distraction for a child to be interested in the history of our earth? ( the real one proven by fossil evidence) and I am sure in elementary school dinosaurs are not the only thing distracting students.

My issue would be telling them if they don't believe a certain belief they will burn in eternity. non believers dont have such a "threat"

RonD1120

It sounds as if these children were more of a distraction to your wife than to any of the other children.

That's also the wonderful thing about this country, teachers can freely quit their public education job and switch to a private school, that way they don't have to compromise their beliefs.

RonD1120

What we could do is divide the world between Christians and non-Christians. Then find some really big battlefield, probably somewhere in the Mideast, and pit one side against the other in a fight to the death. The winner would get the whole earth. I'll bet the blood would flow as deep as horses' bridles but it would be done. Bring it on!

^Your beliefs in a nutshell. "Somewhere in the mideast..." Megiddo perhaps?

This kind of wishful thinking -- for your kingdom on earth after destruction, mayhem, suffering and death for all except your kind -- deserves the same contempt as ISIS' beliefs.

Your "God" is hate.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

RonD1120

Nothing much must have changed for her then. A dinosaur is still being a distraction.

mirage62

What are atheists making you do that you don't want to do, or stopping you from doing that you want to do?

I read where you wrote "My point is the radical on BOTH sides suck."

So I believe my question is valid. I gave examples of things Christians force on the rest of us, and ask you to provide a list of things atheists force on you.

Symmetry.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

mirage62

As for the rest......why is it that Muslims must be treated with respect as such a small % are actually terrorist, yet in your limited capacity all Christians are completely and totally 100% women controllers?

The answer is simple.

You know they aren't, your just baiting.

Most smaller religions are only wanting the same respect, rights, and privileges in a country as the bigger religions get.

The easiest and least violent solution is to limit the influence and power of ALL religions.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

Most smaller religions are only wanting the same respect, rights, and privileges in a country as the bigger religions get.

The easiest and least violent solution is to limit the influence and power of ALL religions.

I would hope that in our country that "religions" or anti-religions, or any other 'organization' doesn't get any respect, rights or privileges. that should be for individuals and they should all be the same. we're a country of individuals. not groups, not couples, not demographics, not religions, not organizations, not social awareness groups, ......you get the idea

unfortunately it seems everything we do is about how to legislate unequal treatment of people based on how they organize

so we got that going for us

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Most smaller religions are only wanting the same respect, rights, and privileges in a country as the bigger religions get.

I would hope that in our country that "religions" or anti-religions, or any other 'organization' doesn't get any respect, rights or privileges. that should be for individuals and they should all be the same. we're a country of individuals. not groups, not couples, not demographics, not religions, not organizations, not social awareness groups, ......you get the idea

unfortunately it seems everything we do is about how to legislate unequal treatment of people based on how they organize

so we got that going for us

While definitely agree special treatment based on DNA and/or chromosomes is an issue, it pales compared to special treatment based on arbitrary association to unprovable belief in deities. :)
The issue we have now is whenever the hypocrisy of special treatment for certain groups is questioned, rather than remove the special treatment, the de facto response, after much pushback, has been to just include the new group.

RonD1120

Yeah, I think that if you made a list of everything that distracted elementary aged kids you'd have a list if everything that elementary aged kids had ever heard of.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I am not aware that atheists make any attempts to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her uterus, or that a couple should or should not use birth control, or that anyone can't marry a partner of their choice, or that a store can't sell alcohol on certain days, or that people must wear a certain type of underwear or head covering, or that we shouldn't research climate because some supernatural being will make everything good, or ........ the list goes on and on.

No, the list does not go on and on...and if that's all you have to say about the woes of religion then I'd say you're doing pretty damn good today.

Abortion is legal, no body is being forced to stop birth control, plenty of people both buy and consume alcohol on Christmas, and any body that really matters doesn't give a shit about your underwear...so how about lightening the fuck up?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

I am not aware that atheists make any attempts to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her uterus, or that a couple should or should not use birth control, or that anyone can't marry a partner of their choice, or that a store can't sell alcohol on certain days, or that people must wear a certain type of underwear or head covering, or that we shouldn't research climate because some supernatural being will make everything good, or ........ the list goes on and on.

No, the list does not go on and on...and if that's all you have to say about the woes of religion then I'd say you're doing pretty damn good today.

Abortion is legal, no body is being forced to stop birth control, plenty of people both buy and consume alcohol on Christmas, and any body that really matters doesn't give a shit about your underwear...so how about lightening the fuck up?

You need to pay more attention to what's happening around you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Atheists haven't been murdering christians since the beginning of time.

Well let's be fair here. Sure they have. There just aren't that many Atheists compared to Christians. The highest number I found was 4% (U.S. Population, Yahoo search) and others much lower. It seems a lot people don't care about religion but aren't ready to declare themselves as Atheist.

But sure Atheist have been murdering Christians and the Christians have been murdering Atheist.

mirage62

Atheists haven't been murdering christians since the beginning of time.

Well let's be fair here. Sure they have. There just aren't that many Atheists compared to Christians. The highest number I found was 4% (U.S. Population, Yahoo search) and others much lower. It seems a lot people don't care about religion but aren't ready to declare themselves as Atheist.

But sure Atheist have been murdering Christians and the Christians have been murdering Atheist.

Murdering in the name of Atheism?

In the name(s) of the non existent being(s) I don't believe in and in accordance with the ancient book(s) I don't follow, I must kill you now. :P

The point was that Atheist have killed will kill in the future. Just like Christians and it won't (and in fact normally isn't) religious based.

Damn guys we sure are getting literal around here. :P

Bottom line for me is that I don't care if you are Atheist....seriously. And when you are offended for legitimate "wrongs" by Christians I am sorry - or a society that has Christian principles.

I don't even get upset with the snarky "invisible man in the sky" comments. Heck I don't even pray for your souls.

But there is a lot of lumping all Christians into one group that goes on here. Just like lumping all Muslims is wrong so is that. Not all people of religion are Pro life....ect, ect.